Quantcast Disney's FASTPASS To Be Available for Meet-and-Greet for First Time - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a great idea, and possibly even necessary. I know, I know, it takes away some of the spontaneity. But considering where the characters will now be located, they almost have to do this, or else there would most likely be a long line early in the morning, possibly crowding up the square even more. Now, you can just grab a Fastpass on your way in, then return later in your day.

This is also potentially good for Disney too as it will get people to come back down Main Street a second time, which could translate into more revenue, if you stop in one of the stores to buy something.

The one thing I don't like about it is that it means I will have to backtrack in my touring if I choose to use FP.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously things have to take a different course sometimes, I remember growing up not even having any distinct lines and just walking up to characters throughout the parks as they waltzed through.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the more "A" list characters would just go to a complete fastpass type meet and greet in the parks. Especially if the meeting was indoors somewhere in a building or attraction.

Your best bet anyway with characters has always been character dining. They are at your table, you can take pictures, and don't have a line of people behind you making you feel guilty. It is more personal and to a child it makes it seem like the character came to see them rather than they were waiting in line to see the character. They can easily feel more special.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

So last time we were in WDW ('09) you met Mickey and Minnie together in Toontown. The way the newblurb reads it sounds like Mickey will be alone. Anyone know if he'll be with Minnie still, or is that now a hard to get meet-and-greet op?
    Beth

Past WDW trips:
    '83 - Contemporary
    '99 - Grad Night, offsite
    '03 - Day trip MK
    '04 - Day trip MK
    '05 - Poly LVC; POFQ Christmas trip
    '06 - Poly
    '08 - Poly
    '09 - POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea! Disney is always on the forefront of innovation and change. This will make characters more assessible and allow for more productive trips.
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea!! What took so long!!
    bob6572
    DVC MEMBER SSR
    May 99
    Jan 03
    Feb 04
    Dec 05
    Jan 07, BWV
    Jan 09, BWV
    Jan 2010, BWV
    Feb 2011, BWV
    April 2013, AKL
    January 2014, BCV
    April 2015, AKL/GFV

Post Thanks / Like

Default this is how it will work i think

I think everyone is looking at this as there will be only one Mickey for everyone to see. Think about the Mickey meet and greet at ToonTown, and how you only went in small groups at a time to a room. SPOILER ALERT --------

There was more then one Mickey in that building!!!!!!! In fact there are 3-4 rooms with Mickey and Minnie funneling guest through. Perhaps what they will do is have several rooms set up again, and FP guest at least have one room dedicated to it. Then it makes alot more sense. You can get a FP to see Mickey, come back during your window and you didn't wait to see him an hour or more like before, and our children aren't a mental wreck by the time we get to see Mickey from the long wait.

While I still love the random magic of finding characters in the park, those days are almost done, especially when they can sell you autograph books and Photopass photos at scheduled locations
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

After my experiences in Hollywood Studios waiting to see Minnie Mouse this past week I am ALL for a Fast Pass option! The same handler cut my daughter off not one but TWO separate times in two different locations. First one I could have handled, we knew we were close to the cut off time. But the second time the family in front of us had their kids pictures taken and then herded family who were not in line to get in a picture. We begged the Character handler to let my crying 3 year old get her picture but she responded "If I let you I have to let everyone else". When I went to Guest Services to complain about the handler I wasn't the only one there toting a small child who was unhappy about not getting to see a particular character in there.

I think that a Fast Pass option would help a lot of people manage their park time easier. I spent almost 45 minutes in each of those 2 lines to see a character and then got cut off. That kind of thing frustrates a lot of people who are in the parks spending a lot of money on making sure their "Magical Memories" get made. Being able to know I will be guaranteed a time to see those characters outside of a character meal is a BIG appeal to parents like me with small children who can't handle long lines!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It really won't affect us since my son is too old for the characters but it just seems every little thing now needs to be planned out in a time schedule when you go to Disney. Your meals, your rides, your shows and now when you see the characters. I know that you don't have to make ADR's, get fast passes for rides or characters but if you don't and everyone else is then you end up waiting forever or don't get to do certain things. We travel alot and Disney is the only place that we have to almost plan down to the minute what we are doing each day. Sometimes I almost wish that they would go back to no ADR's or fast passes or do I ???
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I think for people with small children EPCOT has perfected the meet and greet. ONE place, ONE line all in one place...THEN you walk out and there are more random characters in areas towards the Land sometimes. But for the most part you get to see the major players all in one place. My husband said this is the MAJOR flaw of Camp Minnie Mickey. You should get on one line with paths going from each character to the next NOT 5 different lines that take a 1/2 hour each.
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a great idea! Why waste your time and make young children tire fast by standing and waiting in line to see a character when they could go do something else first and come back on time to meet their cahracter later. Makes great sense and if done right will be very efficient! Can't wait to try it!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: