Quantcast I'm going to WDW for my Birthday!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm going to WDW for my Birthday!

I just have to tell someone who's a Disney fan so I thought I'd post!! DH & I set the dates - 10 Glorious days! Unfotunately it's 169 days away! We have to go in July, due to DS(12) and baseball! He keeps seeing those commercials and says he never gets surprised b/c he always know when we are going. So were going to try and surprise him and go 2 weeks earlier that we "plan". AND since his B'day is June 12th and mine is July 11th, were going to do joint b'day celebrations (7/11 & 7/12)! Hope it works! I'll update as I get closer and solicite ideas! Now to start planning! I'm one of those spreadsheet people!
    SuzieBell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Numerous trips as a child
    1981 - Grad Nite
    1990 - 1 special day with Mom & Dad
    1991 - Off Site - Honeymoon
    2005 - Pop Century (DS 1st trip)
    2008 - Pop Century

2011 - CBR - Surprise B'day for DS
    2014 - POR - Another Surprise B'day for DS

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the surprise! We are trying to pull a surprise trip as well. It is so hard to not to tell! We love going in July and enjoying the pools. Have fun planning!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip! My birthday is July 8th and I'll be 40 this year. We're going in 14 days , but I'm trying to figure out how we can go for my "special" celbration as well!
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Have fun with the planning!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fun!

We're also trying to pull off a surprise trip this year (September). Our kids are already anticipating that we'll be going since they have a school break and we've done every other year, but we've hinted that it's just not in the finances this year.

I don't know if I'll make it, though, b/c I get so into the planning & anticipation that I'm constantly talking WDW. Guess I'll just have to drive DH twice as batty since I can't discuss it with the kiddos.
    Christie

September 2007 - Pop Century

September 2009 - ASMu

September 17-24, 2011 - Off Property
    October 2014 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm going for my birthday too!!!

We're going in July too......I will be 40 on July 15th.....my husband will be 40 on August 7th and our son will be 16 on May 25th.....so we are going for 10 days to celebrate all of our birthdays.
    JBP

Post Thanks / Like

Lot's of Birthday's in July!! We should all have one big party!! Where is everyone staying? My thoughts are POR. Also, my parents just helped us out! We have our precious little dog and unfortunately can't take him with us. We were going to fly him down and drive to my parents in Sarasota and drop off the dog, then come back. They are willing to fly here and stay here! Plus take and pick us up at the airport! That's $200+ savings! I've actaully been saving for 3 years! Were suppose to go last year but...ya'll know how that goes! Have almost $1500 and DH does not know! Can't wait to spring that on him!! To suprise DS I'm picking up Gparents at airport the afternoon before we leave and they are going to give him a package and inside will be a helium Mickey Balloon with a note saying "he's going to WDW tomorrow!" Now if my DH can keep a secret!
    SuzieBell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Numerous trips as a child
    1981 - Grad Nite
    1990 - 1 special day with Mom & Dad
    1991 - Off Site - Honeymoon
    2005 - Pop Century (DS 1st trip)
    2008 - Pop Century

2011 - CBR - Surprise B'day for DS
    2014 - POR - Another Surprise B'day for DS

Post Thanks / Like

Too fun! It was SOOO hard for me to keep our last trip a secret from my kids. But the looks on their faces when we got to the airport and found out what was really going on was awesome!

Bet you get a great reaction!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! i'm going down in 58 days for my 50 th. cant think of a better place for it.my dw is going to surprise me with a steak dinner at rose & crown haha my choice for my actual birthday meal march 22.we are going with my mother in law & her friend also, so i'm postive something is going to surprise me.you put the 3 of them together you better look out !one more for a july birthday is my father he'll be 80.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be down there roughly the same time, too! 171 days and counting for our 20th wedding anniversary trip (and a late 45th birthday celebration - my birthday's in June, too!). Get that spreadsheet ready! Coincidentally, I've been able to get all of the ADRs I've tried for so far . . . have fun planning and GOOD LUCK with keeping that secret!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! And good luck with the surprise!

We are going for the first time on DD's Birthday. Sort of hard when her Birthday is during the school year..but we are going to anyway.

I can't really surprise DD since she is also in INTERCOT, But I do have a surprise or two for her on her special day!

I love hearing about how others surprise their loved ones with a trip or while at WDW.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

It's so hard to keep the secret but well worth the effort. We had just returned from a July trip and decided to surprise our DD with a Sweet 16 in November. I had to coordinate with her best friend's friends parents and they had even more trouble keeping quiet than I did.
    It was unforgettable though...We really dragged it out...had to plan something or the girls would have been suspicious so we told them it was a long weekend in Branson-- they were excited! Instead we drove to the airport and flew to Dallas-- they were more excited!
    Then we told them we actually had one more flight and asked DD if she had her choice of anywhere in the world to spend her big day, what would she say? Both girls started jumping up and down and screaming "Disney World!" Will never forget that moment. Enjoy the planning, enjoy the trip!.

Post Thanks / Like

I went for my 50th. It was an awesome trip and the extra "Happy Birthday" wishes were great.

Post Thanks / Like

hope you have a great time planning your happy birthday trip and a super time when you get there.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Have a great time!!
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I will arrive in WDW on my birthday for the first time ever this year!! I can't wait!
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: