Quantcast Irked at Chef Mickey's Photo Package - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL We didn't realize what was happening at 1900 Park Fare when we were told to wait in line for a picture. I just figured it would be a Photopass thing. Well when they came to our table with the picture package and asked for 30 bucks my dh liked to have a heart attack! What I don't understand is why the waste the paper and ink to print all these pictures out beforehand if your not even going to purchase them?
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised you haven't come across that before - it happens in several other places as well (Akershus comes to mind). I agree the price is really very high - we bought 'em on our first trip, and at Cindy's table they are included in the already outrageous pricing, but I won't buy them again. And if you think THAT is bad...we were in Disneyland this summer and at at Goofy's Kitchen (same set up, but the prices were much higher!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I was going to use offended/insulted, but that's a bit too strong, irked or perturbed is probably better.

After 8 days in the parks we had our last dinner at Chef Mickey's. Having never eaten there we saw the picture spot with Mickey and the large plate backdrop. While we were waiting to be seated (we had our ticket) we decided to walk over and get our picture taken, assuming it was a photopass opportunity. They said, nope, don't need it, then took a picture of our ticket and us and sent us on our way. It didn't take me long to realize what was waiting for us. Sure enough, before the end of the meal they came by and asked if we want to buy the photo, for $30!!!

Ok we just spent well over $100 on a family of 5 and now we are asked to spend $30 for a few digital photos? It was the easiest no I ever said. Even DW was irratated by it and said no right away. $10, maybe I would have said what the heck, but $30 felt like price gauging. I know to expect the pictures off of the rides, and we actually bought a few, but this just seemed like highway robbery.

Maybe it was just because it was our last night and we had spent a lot during the week, but it didn't sit well with me.

Post Thanks / Like

We came across the same thing last week. At 1900 Park Fare, we didn't take the picture. It was just with a tree and no characters. I did buy the one with Donald at Tusker House breakfast, since it was my DD's birthday.

It was the same thing at the exit of the rides. I just didn't take the ticket to buy those pictures. Test Track is the only one for now that does photopass.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

When my oldest daughter was about 5, they came around at the end of the meal with the photo package and we brushed the server away and said no, at which point my daughter started crying and wondering why we didn't want a picture of her? Sigh. We were out $30 that day (or whatever it cost back then!).
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Just wanted to mention the picture with the fake Mickey and plate has been around for years. We had one done in 2003.
    Yes, we had the exact thing in 2005.

We also had the same type of picture taken at Donald's Breakfast back in 2005. I don't know if they still do it or not though.

I'm thinking those were the only 2? We did the Princess breakfasts but that was before they did photo included things.

We have never done the Lilo & Stitch breakfast but I think I've seen posed pictures there too with a surfboard? I might be mixing that up though.
    Becky
    Contemporary - 7/05
    Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 7/11 with extended family (15 of us in all!!!)
    ME, DH, DD-17, DS-14, DS-10& DS-7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crltkcagle View Post
    LOL We didn't realize what was happening at 1900 Park Fare when we were told to wait in line for a picture. I just figured it would be a Photopass thing. Well when they came to our table with the picture package and asked for 30 bucks my dh liked to have a heart attack! What I don't understand is why the waste the paper and ink to print all these pictures out beforehand if your not even going to purchase them?
    When we went to 1900 Park Fare we were ushered into a line and I saw them taking photos in front of the mural. I immediately asked if this could be placed on our photopass card or was it a separate deal. They told me it was separate so I told them I was not interested. (That line was long too!) So they moved me to the food line to wait for someone to seat us. Another triumphal moment of being well informed, thanks to Intercot! For the record...I really liked the photo at Akershus. The $30 cost is just incorporated into the cost of the meal...so I don't feel the sting nearly as bad, LOL
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
    For the record...I really liked the photo at Akershus. The $30 cost is just incorporated into the cost of the meal...so I don't feel the sting nearly as bad, LOL
    Oh, that's good to know! Last time we were there it was a (substantial) extra cost. By the same token, though - I now see that the cost of a MEAL there has gone up A LOT. I think I preferred it when the meal was cheaper and you could decide whether or not to get the picture - that is what I really hated about Cinderella's Royal Table.

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at Chef Mickeys in December and we just opted out of having the picture taken. I was not going to buy it so I couldn't see standing in line. The lady there didn't seem to happy with my decision. Oh well.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: