Quantcast Teppan Edo

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Teppan Edo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teppan Edo

Have never had a meal here so can someone tell me about it. Were not big fans of japanese food more of the chinese type. Is the food spicy? We also have a 4yr old, is there something there for her to eat. She is not too picky so we dont have to worry about getting chicken fingers etc at every meal.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not spicy food. The flavors are mostly ginger and soy, and not too boldly done-- you mostly taste the flavor of the food, it's pretty basic meat and veg. You sit at tables of 8 (with other families if you have a small group) around a hibachi grill, where your chef will prepare your food with much entertaining showiness (some knife tricks, some flame tricks, some flipping and juggling of food) right on the hibachi surface in front of you. It's as much for the show as for the food. If you like stir fried meat, veggies, and rice or noodles, you will probably enjoy Teppan Edo.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I too was a little nervous about trying this place- but I LOVED it. I too am a basic Chinese food eater and I loved everything I got to taste. I would say try it.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last week for dinner. It was great!! I had the steak and shrimp, DD had pork loin. Everything is lightly seasoned or unseasoned depending on your taste. They ask if there are any dietary concerns before they bring out the food.

My daughter(11) now eats off the adult menu, but they have the chicken teriyaki etc for the kids.

This is one of our must do dining. The chocolate ginger cake is yummy
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I had never ate Japanese in my life prior to my wife and I going to Tepan on our "we need another trip to get over out first trip" visit in October.

I am a VERY picky eater, and I managed to leave filled up and happy with the food (although I didn't like the plain rice since I can't stand Soy).

It seems like most of the flavor of the food was selectable by each person based on what they dipped their food in using that little tray with multiple sauces in it.

I enjoyed the atmosphere but didn't care for being seated next to a guy in family of 6 that had never met a stranger, where I am a hermit who likes being alone. But I did it for the wife and was pleased with the food and the experience.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Teppan Edo was easily our best meal on our last trip! The food is delicious, not spicy at all, and our girls ate a lot. The oldest is a good eater, but the youngest is unbelievably picky, so we were so pleased when she ate a lot there. They also got a huge kick out of using the chopsticks.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We've eaten there tons of times with our kids (DD8 and DS4) and had no issues.

It's really very basic stuff ... steak, shrimp, scallops, chicken, mixed veggies, white rice ... nothing is served with spice added, either. They just give you bowls of dipping sauces you can use or not use. There's like a ginger, a teryaki, and a mayo based one that call yum-yum sauce.

Definitely no worries at all from a menu standpoint.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoy Teppan Edo. The food is good, but frankly, we've had better Hibachi at several restaurants close to home. But the atmosphere is a calming respite from the hustle and bustle of the park and the chefs are very entertaining. Plus, we're "people persons." We love meeting folks from all over the country and the world.

Funny aside: two years ago we sat with a family who lived a few hours away from us; turns out the mom and I grew up in the same NJ town and knew lots of the same people. Anyone hearing the Small World tune??????

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely echo that the food is good and there is plenty there to eat. Also, it's completely entertaining for a 4 year old and makes for a nice dinner with the chef occupying their attention.
    Heidi (DS16, DD14 and the reluctant DH)
    June 02 off site
    Jan 07 VWL
    Sep 07 off site
    Jan 08 POFQ
    Oct 08 CSR
    Nov 09 Poly
    Nov 10 Off site
    Nov 11 Beach Club
    Nov 12 SSR
    Feb 14 OKW
    Feb 16 SSR
    Dec 17 Yacht Club
    Feb 19 SSR
    Feb 20 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic restaurant. Our whole family enjoyed it and will be going back again on our next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved it! The food is really good, and I love the sauces! I have an extremely picky teenager, and even he found things he liked last time. It's also entertaining, and we always seem to meet nice people at our table. We are going again in 2 weeks, can't wait!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

This is a family favorite! My kids 10 and 8 have been eating here, and enjoying it, since they were 6 and 4, and one of them is extremely picky, but he always finds something he loves.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We had the steak and shrimp and chicken and we all loved it!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: