Quantcast Just back Le Celliers

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just back Le Celliers

Just came back from the world and I have to say that Canada (Le Cellier) was the worst meal we had over the 10 day trip. The service was not good. We had a party of 6 and asked for more of the pretzel bread because we only had two. The waitress came back with another two???? Which we had to split them up. She also never came back to see if we needed drinks either. Everyone is due a bad day but even when the check came it was thrown on the table not handed over. The food was also not good. My son and I ordered the prime rib but both steaks were over 50% fat. I had to send them back. The only meal that was ok was the new york strip. I would not go back even if they decided to kepp it at 1 table service, at two I think you should go elsewhere.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you had such a bad meal. We are not Le Cellier fans either. I've never understood all the hoopla over this place. We've tried it twice. The first was for lunch and was horrible. We almost always give any place a second try before we totally write it off. We tried again for dinner, and while it was a bit better (probably because of what we ordered), it was still not all that great. We've since decided to leave Le Cellier open to those who love it and dine at other places we either have enjoyed in the past or try new places. I hope the rest of your trip was a great one.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your expirence. Le Celliers is always a favororite of mine. We are going in early Dec for Candlelight Processional dinner package.
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDisneyFan View Post
    Sorry to hear about your expirence. Le Celliers is always a favororite of mine. We are going in early Dec for Candlelight Processional dinner package.
    Please do a review after your visit. DW and I did not enjoy our last visit...large plate less than 20% covered by food, none of which was worth the price. And DW hates the long walk from LC back to the monorail...We found and love Kona Cafe as our new must do.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    Just came back from the world and I have to say that Canada (Le Cellier) was the worst meal we had over the 10 day trip. The service was not good. We had a party of 6 and asked for more of the pretzel bread because we only had two. The waitress came back with another two???? Which we had to split them up. She also never came back to see if we needed drinks either. Everyone is due a bad day but even when the check came it was thrown on the table not handed over. The food was also not good. My son and I ordered the prime rib but both steaks were over 50% fat. I had to send them back. The only meal that was ok was the new york strip. I would not go back even if they decided to kepp it at 1 table service, at two I think you should go elsewhere.

Oh I can top that. When my hubby and I went last month, I got choked and threw up all over the table! I used to love Le Cellier, but for our next trip, I'm skipping it.
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Post Thanks / Like

I've had some variable experiences at Le Cellier over time. We had a less than stellar experience and did not return for a long time - even though others were talking about how wonderful this place was. We went back and had a few very good experiences and have now visited on most of our recent trips.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

On our trip in August, we found Le Cellier to be just so-so. The service was fine, but the filet mignon was only OK. My DS's steak tasted like cardboard. This was our first time there, so I wasn't sure if we anticipated much more because of all I had read. But from what everyone is reporting, maybe quality has dropped there lately?

Post Thanks / Like

My hubby and I had a great meal there a few months ago. Superb service and great food. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

Post Thanks / Like

It totally baffles me how inconsistent dining reviews at Disney can be - I chalk it up to different tastes, cooks, servers, etcetera. On our past several years of visits to LeCellier, it's always been among the best of our dining experiences. Last trip, we had three dinners at this establishment - and all were among the best we could possibly want. Appetizers, entrees & sides cooked to perfection, great cuts of meat (NY Strips & Fillet), a fabulous wine pairing and more than wonderful service - as well as our servers bringing DS as much pretzel bread as he wanted (which was alot with some to take home for breakfast the next day). I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your meal.

DH and I were just discussing this over the weekend, and there are a few places at Disney World we've never had a bad dining experience. This is one of them . . .
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at Le Cellier. This was always one of our favorite places. We were very disappointed this year when we couldn't get rez the first week of December because of the processional.
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

Post Thanks / Like

The wait staff should tell people the prime rib is all fat as that is what happend to us on one visit. It was terrible. We also had a similar experience in Oct with poor service. Definately not on the top of our list (never has benn tho)
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there on 11/8 and we had a 6:15 pm ADR and weren't seated until 7:10 pm. (Thanks to free dining ....don't get me started on that!).

The service was good but the food was ok. I love the soup of course. I had the prime rib and it was good, not the best.

Will I do it again? Probably not. I don't do the meal plan but if it's going to be 2 TS next year I can just imagine what the prices will be like.

I have eaten here about 7 times in the past years.
    Nov88off/Nov89Poly/May91Poly/Nov92 Poly/Dec93Doubletree/Nov94Poly/Nov95 Contemp/Aug 96 Swan&Dolphin/Sep 99 Portofino Bay /Dec 99 GF/Apr 01 Disneyland Paris 1 day visit/Dec 02 GF/Nov 03 Grand Californian/Dec 04 GF/Dec 05 Dec 06 Poly/Dec 07 GF/Nov 09 Nov 10 Poly/Nov 11 Poly/Nov 12 Poly/Nov 13 GF

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I went to Le Cellier was 10 years ago. I loved it. The food was wonderful and the service was great. We had a very relaxed lunch there. I loved it.

It's still pretty good, but not as good as I remember it. They've added more tables to the dining room since then to meet increased demand. I think the kitchen is rushing to meet the increased demand.

It's too bad, but it led me to find another great place for a steak in the World. Grand Floridian Cafe has a very relaxed atmosphere, wonderful service, and a beautiful view of the lake. They make a wonderful steak. The service is terrific.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, is this a post to keep people from taking up all the ressies? If so, great idea.

I had the prime rib on my first visit in 2006. I do remember it having more fat on it than most prime ribs I've had. However, the meat itself was the tastiest I've ever had by far - plus I didn't leave there feeling like I was going to burst.

The only bad steak I had there was the coffee-rubber KC steak. Now that was truly a bad steak. What was I thinking? I hate coffee.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Default Next year

I'm glad this restaurant is gong to 2TS next year.

I'd rather pay more than travel all the way to Orlando to eat at Outback,

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there Monday 11/8 and had the best meal of the trip!The food was better than I remembered (we go yearly). I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be so it would be easier to say no to 2TS, but I'm going to have a hard time passing it up. Our server, Jackie, was super attentive. I had checked in early and told Amanda at the desk that we were surprising our friend at dessert time with ticket to MVMCP that night. She took the tickets and said "don't worry, I have an idea". Jackie brought us extra pretzel bread and even brought us a fresh wrapped batch at the end of the meal. At dessert she presented our friend with a card that said "Celebrate" and was signed by at least a dozen staff wishing him a good time at the party. Nearly made a grown man cry. Such a great experience I wrote a note to management.
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Nice story Tundrmom. We had lunch there in August and it was a very nice meal. Good food and a very pleasant waitress...."Lindsay, spelled the correct way", just like my niece who was with us.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

We found Le Cellier to be overrated as well....
    2002 All-Star
    2004 Port Orleans
    2008 Port Orleans & Disney Wonder

2011 Port Orleans & Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2013 Port Orleans & Boardwalk
    2014 Grand Floridian
    2015 Port Orleans
    2015 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta admit, I found LeCelliers ok the last time we went. Nothing FABULOUS. But then, I am a very picky eater, so their menu is not really my thing. That was a few visits ago. We tried, unsuccessfully, to get ADRs this last visit. Other family members really wanted a good steak while we were there. Ended up at the Kona Cafe @ the Poly, and I have to say that the steak I had there was OUTSTANDING! Short wait, great service, and excellent food...what's not to like!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL