Quantcast Quick Dining Report from Vero Beach

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Dining Report from Vero Beach

We just got back from a quick 3 day trip to Vero Beach. We really enjoyed almost everything we ate. I do realize that there is one kitchen providing food for 4 different establishments, Shutters, Sonya's, The Green Cabin, and Bleachers. We tried Bleachers by the pool for lunch on our first day and enjoyed our choices. DH and I ordered the Caribbean Chicken Pita sandwhich, DS ordered the Caesar Salad with grilled shrimp, and DD ordered the pizza. For dinner that evening we decided to go to The Green Cabin for a light meal. We sat outside and had a beautiful view of the ocean. DH had the Angus Burger, I ordered the Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Flatbread, DD had the Chicken Wings, and DS ordered the Shrimp Cocktail and the Margherita Flatbread. Again, we were very happy with our choices. The Shrimp Cocktail was the favorite of the night.
    The next morning we ate at Shutters. DH ordered the Ham and Cheese Omelet, DS and I had the Corned Beef Hash, and DD had the Daisy Pancakes. All was OK, although we were not crazy about the Corned Beef Hash, I am usually a fan, but this was a little too tart and spicy for our tastes.

OK, the dinner had to be one of the best Seafood buffets that we have attended in a long time. Shutters offers an "All you care to eat" Seafood buffet every Thursday night. The food was extremely fresh and tasty with the main feature being the Snow Crab Legs. We started with Conch Chowder and salad, then onto cheese biscuits, corn bread, glazed string beans and carrots, pot roast, chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, parmesan crusted mahi mahi, mussels in a creamy lime sauce, shrimp, and of course the crab legs. I must say that the crab legs were scrumptious and the mussels were out of this world. My 6 year old DD, who is not the most adventurous eater, tried one from my plate and ended up with two bowls for herself. There was a small dessert buffet consisting of cupcakes, cheese cake slices, etc. We never did find the room for dessert but it did look pretty appetizing. We checked out on the third day but not after having our breakfast at Shutters. They featured a special of....TONGA TOAST! You would have thought that they were giving away free cars judging from the reaction from our table. OK, so we all had the Tonga Toast and it was as good as the toast at the Poly. So, all in all, the food at VB is very good and we will hopefully stay at this beautiful resort again in the future.
    Missy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That seafood buffett sounds really good! They have crab legs at Cape May Cafe now as well. We really enjoyed them this past summer!
    Disneyland Christmas 2015
    Contemporary & Pop July 2011
    French Quarter June 2010
    WL June 2009
    CBR June 2008
    ASMovies July 2007
    POR June 2006
    FW May 1996
    Orange Lake Country Club May 1988
    Poly September 1986
    CR October 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews. I'm hoping to stay there next summer and it definitely sounds like there are some good eats to be had there!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Vero Beach a few years ago and were very satisfied with all of the food as well. Next time you should try Sonya's, DH and I had a date night there and the food was amazing.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. We've never been to Vero Beach but would be interested in visiting at some point in the future!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post. We want to stay here one of these trips and were wondering what the food would be like. We love the tonga toast at poly so we have to go now. The dinner also sounded amazing thanks again.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: