Quantcast Long way off

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Long way off

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Long way off

Well, I know I can post this and not feel dumb! Our next trip is going to be in 2012. It will be getting booked in Feb which is 18 months in advance through MJ. What I really wanna know is how will the crowds and weather be when we're there? August 22nd thru Sept 2nd? We've gone prior peak summer like June and for 4th of July, and for T-Day twice, so this is a different month for us. Tell me all there is to know!!
    -Marcy-
    Mom to: Katina Ann "TiTi" & Adrianna Jacey "AJ"

DLR/ Summer of 1988

7/26 - 8/2 2003- Off Site
    7/2 - 7/9 2006- CBR Jamacia
    11/21 - 12/1 2007- CBR Martinique
    11/18 - 11/28 2009- Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

HOT, HOT, HOT...but not too crowded except if part of the trip is Labor Day weekend...then it could get crowded for those days.

Usually good discounts come out for that period so booking with MJ is the perfect idea!!!!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, you Yankee fans..... Expect it to be hot. The crowds will be down because of school, with the exception of the weekend.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Its pretty hot probably round 90 every day. I tell ya if I were you, I would push the vacation back one week to after labor day and the crowd levels will be the lowest you'll ever experience with all the kids back at school. Might even find cheaper flights after labor day weekend. ...assuming of course you dont have kids in school etc. I was just there this past september and it was pretty amazing walking onto main street and seeing no on there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feb. Trip

I have never really experienced extreme crowds in Feb., so I believe it is a really good time to visit. The weather is great. I enjoy the warm weather, but it is not 'Summer heat' at all. It is warm (high 80's) and a great time to experience the H2O parks with the low crowds.
    8/96"Poly"
    8/98 "Off Site"
    12/2002 "OKW"
    7/03-8/03 "AKL"
    12/03-1/04 "ASMU" "ASMO" "WL"
    6/04 "AKL"
    8/04 "AKL"

3/06 "BWI"
    8/06-9/06 "BCV"
    12/07 "AKL"
    8/2010 "AKL"

Post Thanks / Like

We've visited the world at that time for the past 2 years. It is hot, no getting around that. And remember that it is hurricane season, so it's possible you could get hit with a bad storm. That said, our past 2 trips have been great (no hurricanes, just a few rain storms). It's somewhat crowded, but nothing like earlier in the summer. And they've offered the free DDP for both of our trips, so it's been worth our while. Would we do it again? In a heartbeat!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We've been a couple of times right at the end of August, and I have never seen it so hot in my whole life.

But, if you're smart, you can manage the heat with lots of breaks, air-conditioned rides and stores and lots of water.

The crowds are good though, not too heavy at all!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: