Quantcast Ticket transferred to KTTW? NOPE.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ticket transferred to KTTW? NOPE.

Hi guys...
    I've read over & over on the Intercot boards that if I purchase my Theme Park Hoppers in advance of check in at my resort (we arrive one day before check in, but early enough to want to go to a park), that, after check in, I could have them added to our KTTW cards. I wanted to make sure so I called WDW today to ask... and they said, in no uncertain terms, "Nope... they used to do that but no any more."
    Anybody else experience this change or heard any different than this CM?
    We really wanted to get our tix from the official Intercot ticket center, but now we're afraid to get them until we get there! Anyone else I should call to verify?
    "Hey look... its the Incredibles parade!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would call your resort directly or at least verify with another CM. If they've changed that policy, it's only been VERY recently. Sometimes, unfortunately, you get in touch with a CM that doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I had that thought as well Stormy... I'll do that asap.
    Thx
    Mitchell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MCeee View Post
    Hi guys...
    ... I could have them added to our KTTW cards. ...
    All these gosh darn abbreviations make me crazy!! Can some kind person please tell me what the heck a KTTW card is

thanks -- tory
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Grandmom's house in St. Augustine - 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    July '12 POFQ

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Feb '13 Cars family suite!

Post Thanks / Like

Key to the World.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTory View Post
    All these gosh darn abbreviations make me crazy!! Can some kind person please tell me what the heck a KTTW card is
    For future reference, here is a link that will give you a rundown of the most common abbreviations, though it does seem we need to add KTTW to that list.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

And it's also very helpful if the original post contains the spelled out phrase, followed then by the abbreviation.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always purchased my tickets in advance of our trip & had them transferred to the resort key (KTTW). I would hope that this is still the case as It is really is much easier to carry around 1 card pp instead of 2.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dyanna! How recently did you do this... also where did you purchase the tickets you had before you checked in?
    Thx in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

MCeee, our last trip that this was done was in Nov of 2008 so it is possible that the rules have changed. I hope not as I stated that this would be an inconvenience to many people. The tickets I have purchased were bought from an outside online source.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I called the resort (SSR) directly, and they said that they couldn't answer the question yet because my check-in was more than a week away.
    Soooo I guess I'll call back in a few days. Ya know... just tryin to get some stuff out of the way (and out of my mind).

Post Thanks / Like

We were NOT able to do this on our last trip. We had purchased our park hoppers on base (military) prior to the trip. When we got there, we asked during our check in (club level) and they could not do it. Maybe because they were military tickets? They were NOT the special Armed Forces Salute tickets, but they did say "military" on them, since we purchased them through our ITT office for a discounted price.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your input BrerGnat. Tix purchased through military could be it, but one would think that would have said that.

BTW, my wife and I were recently in Irvine on business... enjoyed it very much. We actually stayed with friends in Oceanside and drove up for the day... drove back along the coast... fabulous!

Post Thanks / Like

You absolutely CAN have tickets put onto your room key.

There are 2 telephone problems above:
    1) The cast members at 407-W-DISNEY are NOT experts in ticketing or resort policies or theme parks, etc. They are trained ONLY in resort and dining reservations, period. Not a week goes by here at Intercot when we read about someone being horribly misinformed by the folks at 407-W-DISNEY.

2) There's no way to call the resort directly. The listed numbers for individual resorts don't connect to those resorts, they go to Disney's Main Switchboard (that's the actual name of it) which is a centralized call center. When you're talking to them, you are NOT talking to the resort ... that person might not even be in the state of Florida!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with CleveRocks that it certainly can be done, and that calling any Disney telephone number will generally put you in touch with someone who is clueless. However, the first thing that popped into my mind when reading your post was maybe all the craziness that has come out of the two-day-turned-into-two-week computer upgrade has limited their ability to do this.

If the computer problems are not the answer, then I know they could do it in June 2010 because they did it for me at the Contemporary.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MCeee View Post
    Thanks for your input BrerGnat. Tix purchased through military could be it, but one would think that would have said that.

BTW, my wife and I were recently in Irvine on business... enjoyed it very much. We actually stayed with friends in Oceanside and drove up for the day... drove back along the coast... fabulous!
    Funny, I used to live in Oceanside before we moved to Irvine. Liked Oceanside well enough...LOVE LOVE LOVE Irvine. Wish I never had to leave.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: