Quantcast President's Day weekend

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default President's Day weekend

I saw on the sticky that DLR is less crowded in February, but I was wondering what it's usually like during the week of Presidents' Day. I know WDW sees an uptick in attendance during that week.

My sons have a long winter break during the week of Presidents' Day. I know that the parks will be (more) crowded over the weekend and on Monday, but what are they like during the week.

We were planning on a trip for December, but now I'm thinking about February.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be busier that non holiday times. I don't think it will be as busy though as the time you would be going in December.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wire0monkey View Post
    I saw on the sticky that DLR is less crowded in February, but I was wondering what it's usually like during the week of Presidents' Day. I know WDW sees an uptick in attendance during that week.

My sons have a long winter break during the week of Presidents' Day. I know that the parks will be (more) crowded over the weekend and on Monday, but what are they like during the week.

We were planning on a trip for December, but now I'm thinking about February.
    A good rule of thumb is if school's out, there's a good chance DLR will see a bigger crowd, especially on the weekend. February is a great month to see the park and beat the crowds, but beware of possible ride refurbs and closures.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

ANY federal holidays command HUGE crowds at DLR.

I was just there today, a good 5 days before Columbus day, and crowds were rather heavy for this time of year. For comparison, I was also there last week on Wednesday and the place was a ghost town.

The upside to touring during a holiday week is extended hours and limited ride closures. If you will allow yourself enough time, you should have a great visit!

I just noticed the dates of your planned December trip. The crowds on President's day will be NOTHING compared to what you will see during that time frame in December. Just warning you now...the Deluxe annual passholders are not blacked out until Dec 23, so you will only reap the benefit of the So Cal Select and So Cal passes being blacked out. It doesn't make as much of a difference as you'd probably like.

Crowds being roughly equal, I'd still go in December. DL during holiday time is truly something special.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to go in December, I would suggest, the week after Thanksgiving weekend. The park is all decorated for Christmas and all the rides are usually going. We pull our kids out of school for this and trust me, it's worth it. First week of December Rocks

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: