Quantcast Survivor: Nicaragua - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I think I figured it out ... Marty is from Mill Valley, CA. He must have been BJ Hunnicutt's neighbor!!

I kid ... according to what I can find he's an executive for a digital reporting and analytics company. No references anywhere to acting or anything.

You can actually find his bio pretty easily on Linked In if you look for it.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know but I recognize him from TV somewhere and even knew his name was Marty for some reason.

I really don't like them putting actors on there because it looks too much like they are scripting things. I almost was convinced that Johnny Fairplay was scripted because it was so bad! I would rather see real, ordinary people on there and see how they react to things like J.T. the first time he was on and how well he did. Second time he was on seemed more scripted. When they are actors, it seems like they manufacture drama where it wouldn't have been otherwise.

Next week should be interesting.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diznee4Me View Post
    Is is just me or does Marty's voice sound familiar? Like a sports announcer or something?
    Sounds a little like Jim Nantz.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Another bad decision from ego-driven Marty. Jimmy T needed to go, true, but shouldn't Dan have gone first? Jimmy T will annoy everyone and never make it all the way. Dan is more of a threat if he makes merge because he plays a low-key, weak-in-challenges game. After merge, he becomes a non-threat physically for the immunity, which means he could stick around. And for now, he is costing them. If he couldn't perform in mud this time, and the next challenge involves mud, they're in trouble- can't sit him out two in a row. Would have made more sense to boot Dan last week, Jimmy T this week, and still have Jimmy J to boot later, because he would not have won.

Ah, but scenes from next week make it look like they're already mixing up teams. Could be a whole new game on. And NaOnka and Marty have idols (yipes, not liking that).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree it was a dumb move voting out Jimmy T. Not that I liked the guy much, but he was at least able to contribute something in the challenges, whereas Dan does nothing. I understand that Dan has a physical limitation with his knee, but if it's so bad that he can't walk in mud, what the heck is he doing on Survivor?? I think if they had kept Jimmy T. around at least one more week, he would have been so motivated to prove that he can be successful in the challenges that he would have really stepped it up and maybe would have given the older tribe a better shot. And at the same time, his social game was so terrible that he would have slowly dug his own grave and never would have made it to the end.

I hate the fact that NaOnka has the immunity idol. I was ready for her to go in week 2. And I have no clue why Brenda would let NaOnka take the idol and claim it as her own when Brenda is the one who figured out the clue and actually found the idol! Maybe she was afraid after seeing NaOnka tackle Kelly B. for the clue in last week's episode!

I'm really glad to see from the previews for next week that it looks like they're mixing up the tribes. The old versus young thing has played itself out quickly and was starting to get a little boring and predictable.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I understand that Dan has a physical limitation with his knee, but if it's so bad that he can't walk in mud, what the heck is he doing on Survivor??
    That's what I've been wondering. Why would they put someone on there that isn't in good shape to begin with?

Poor Jimmy T...I was so sick of listening to him beg for his one chance to prove himself! He knew he wasn't helping his cause, but he just couldn't stop himself from his constant whining. Why didn't they vote him out before Jimmy Johnson?
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Would have made more sense to boot Dan last week, Jimmy T this week, and still have Jimmy J to boot later
    I have to agree that this would have been a better sequence of events. I really don't understand why they didn't vote Dan off first--he really hasn't been able to contribute very much.

I am also glad that they are shaking up the tribes next week (or at least it looks that way). The older players seem to be lacking in enthusiasm for the game, all-round. Maybe they need the energy and competitiveness of the younger players to motivate them.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'll go contrary ... I couldn't stand Jimmy T. and was more than happy to see him go bye-bye. Strategically was it the best decision? Maybe, maybe not. But I'm still thrilled he's gone. He irritated me.

Of course, not half as much as NaOnka irritates me. She's just a terrible, terrible person and I hope she goes home very soon.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'll go contrary ... I couldn't stand Jimmy T. and was more than happy to see him go bye-bye. Strategically was it the best decision? Maybe, maybe not. But I'm still thrilled he's gone. He irritated me.

Of course, not half as much as NaOnka irritates me. She's just a terrible, terrible person and I hope she goes home very soon.
    Agree with you on both points. Jimmy T was a big pain in the patoot with his constant whining -- gimme a chance, coach -- too late, the coach is gone.

Na is making a name for herself - and it's not a good one. I'm sure the producers will want to keep her around for a while. She sure is interesting to watch.

Can't wait for next week's show - Marty was shaken up by the news. Good!
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Hopefully, she will be teamed up with Marty if there is a merge, and maybe each of them will get rid of each other. Unfortunately, the idols will have to be exposed first.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Tyrone! I liked him, but he really stepped in it once he switched teams. The young people never seem to respect older people trying to claim leadership. He should have stayed under the radar like Dan. Was anyone even thinking of getting rid of Dan all the sudden? No. He kept his mouth shut, and when he did speak up it was pretty much after he had taken time to establish what the group wanted. I think Dan might be one to watch now. But Tyrone let down his guard and stepped up his game at the wrong time. Then the chicken thing sealed his fate. What was he thinking? Ugh. And of course, NaOnka continues to be an annoying, awful person and no one boots her. Double ugh.

I like that Jane is excited by the switch and I hope it benefits her. Jill had better separate from Marty and establish some alliances apart from him. The idol might give him some bargaining power, but she will be out in the cold. It doesn't seem like alliances mean much to anyone out there otherwise. It seems like a very "me" group of people, just thinking of themselves and not looking at how the numbers are stacking up. Ironically, the only one who had camera time and mentioned that he was looking at the alliances and how they were holding was Jud/Fabio. Maybe the adorable-but-dumb is all an act.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I had high hopes for the switch getting rid of at least one irritating person (Na?), but they tossed out Tyrone instead. Really no surprise after Na snapped out of her teary funk. I said she would be the interesting one to watch.

Is it just me or is the young vs. old thing boring?
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Is it just me or is the young vs. old thing boring?
    I agree, I think it's getting more boring with every episode. I was hoping that mixing up the tribes would change the old v. young dynamic, but I don't think it has, at least not yet. It seems like it's still old v. young, it's just that the tribes are now intermingled. The only hope I see of some kind of switch to that is Jane going against Marty and Jill and teaming up with the young 'uns on her new tribe.

I think it was (once again) a dumb move to get rid of Tyrone. I can definitely see why the rest of the tribe would be disgruntled about him taking more than his share of the chicken, but I think they were a little too sensitive about the way he approached the new tribe members once they got back to their camp. I didn't really see him as condescending or treating the young members like kids. To me, he was just kind of saying, "This is how it's been at this camp so far." I dunno, it seems like there should have been at least 3 people in line to go before Tyrone - Dan, Holly, and NaOnka.

And speaking of NaOnka...boy she really turned into a wimp after being such a "tough girl" before! I get that you're cold and wet, but is that really enough to almost give up and leave? Hasn't she ever watched Survivor? It always rains, no matter where they are!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!

Post Thanks / Like

Last night was more interesting with two eliminations. Glad the "older" ladies won personal immunity for a change. I was holding my breath to see if Marty would play his immunity idol. It was a gamble that paid off for him when they sent Kelly home.

I can't figure out why some players were so upset about her artificial leg? Were they afraid of a sympathy vote?
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Last night's game was so frustrating for me. I've never seen such an astounding lack of strategy and follow-through than with these two teams. They had Marty where they wanted him. They could have flushed out the Idol (which would have happened if they all told him "Dude, we are writing your name down. You better play it.") Or they could have blind-sided him. The half-measures left it to a tie (Brenda's brilliant strategy- let's make a tie vote!).

And then when they had it so that Marty was vulnerable, they... left him in the game?! What? How did that make any sense? Now he knows how you feel about it, and he still has the Idol to keep him there and get rid of you. Perfect. Idiots. If Brenda is the brains in your team, you are in trouble. And they think Jud is stupid. Which, he obviously is, the poor dear, buying into Marty's Chess Master spiel. Hahaha. But in a game with two teams trying to take out threats and the older ladies winning immunity challenges, I think non-threatening goofy Jud could go a long way.

I am also frustrated with the repeated insistence that Kelly B would get a "sympathy" vote if she stayed in the game. What an awful way to think. I don't feel bad for her. I admire her. If she made it all the way, she would get my vote-- out of admiration, not sympathy.

And DAN?! How is Dan still in the game. What a different game this might be if they had eliminated Dan right from the start when he couldn't help his team win or work around camp. And now he's bragging about his wealth? And still there? Because he's not a threat? Worry about threats later. Now you need strength and he is costing you. What is wrong with these people?
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Last night's game was so frustrating for me. I've never seen such an astounding lack of strategy and follow-through than with these two teams. They had Marty where they wanted him. They could have flushed out the Idol (which would have happened if they all told him "Dude, we are writing your name down. You better play it.") Or they could have blind-sided him. The half-measures left it to a tie (Brenda's brilliant strategy- let's make a tie vote!).

And then when they had it so that Marty was vulnerable, they... left him in the game?! What? How did that make any sense? Now he knows how you feel about it, and he still has the Idol to keep him there and get rid of you. Perfect. Idiots. If Brenda is the brains in your team, you are in trouble. And they think Jud is stupid. Which, he obviously is, the poor dear, buying into Marty's Chess Master spiel. Hahaha. But in a game with two teams trying to take out threats and the older ladies winning immunity challenges, I think non-threatening goofy Jud could go a long way.

I am also frustrated with the repeated insistence that Kelly B would get a "sympathy" vote if she stayed in the game. What an awful way to think. I don't feel bad for her. I admire her. If she made it all the way, she would get my vote-- out of admiration, not sympathy.

And DAN?! How is Dan still in the game. What a different game this might be if they had eliminated Dan right from the start when he couldn't help his team win or work around camp. And now he's bragging about his wealth? And still there? Because he's not a threat? Worry about threats later. Now you need strength and he is costing you. What is wrong with these people?
    Couldn't have said it better myself! While watching last night I asked a couple times, "WHY do they insist on keeping Dan in the game?!?" He does nothing in challenges and at camp, he whines that he wants to quit and go home, he brags about all his money and fancy things...WHY is he still there?? And Marty, too...why is he still there?!? They had the perfect opportunity to get him out last night and blew it. This has to be one of the dumbest groups of Survivors to ever play the game!
    Laura

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

What a poorly laid out, poorly executed, disaster of a plan. The young people in this game are going to get picked off one by one as they're outwitted and outplayed by the older, wiser, more experienced players.

Dumb. Very dumb.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously this group of contestants has never watched previous Survivors or else they are just dumb! Their strategies are ridiculous! Marty should have been gone. He will do them much more harm than Kellie B. And why is Dan even on the show if he has so much money? He must have been paid pretty good to participate on the show and then just sit there and do nothing to see how long it would take them to vote him out. Wouldn't put it past the producers.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Admiration, sympathy--whichever it would be, it's probably why they voted her off.

I was frustrated too with the strategy (or lack of strategy, in some cases) with this episode. People are all over the place with their logic--it just doesn't make sense to me. And I think the only reason that Dan is still there is that he keeps his mouth shut at critical moments in the decision-making process and I'm sure that most of the other players think that he will be no threat down the road. Unfortunately he doesn't contribute to their game right now either.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Now see I don't really have a problem with them keeping Dan around. I think I would do the same thing.

Having a physically weak, unlikeable guy in the tribe for as long as possible is actually a good strategic asset for a number of reasons.

#1 - At any moment when you feel like you might be threatened you can offer him up as an alternative vote.

#2 - He's a potential swing vote, which is important. If you've got competing coalitions with similar numbers having an unconnected tribe member out there to potentially be swayed to vote with you is critical.

#3 - Being wealthy and also unlikeable means that he's a prime candidate to go up against at the end of the game.

#4 - The fact that he's physically weak means that he'll be very little threat post-merge to win individual immunity, which also makes him appealing to keep around until the end.

I would not at all be surprised to see Dan in the Final Four or even the Final Three.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: