Quantcast 2010 Moms & Moms-to-be Club - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow it’s been a while since I posted. Things here are going great the kids are growing like weeds! Emme Just had her 4th birthday and Gavin’s 3rd Birthday is right around the corner. Emme just finished her first year of preschool and she loved it. She won’t be returning to the same school next year so I am a bit nervous, but I am sure it will all work out. Both of the kids will be going to the same preschool next year which is a huge relief for me. We thought that they would have to go to different schools or days of the week due to availability, but to our luck we found a school that would take both the kids on the same days. We recently discovered that Gavin is highly allergic to bee stings. It is a bit scary, so now I have to carry and epinephrine pen everywhere with me. I hope that he we never have to use it. Our summer so far has been wonderful. We just had a pool installed and the kids are loving it! So we have been spending most of our time outside.

It sounds like everyone’s little ones are growing and getting bigger right before our eyes. Welcome to the new mommies and congratulations to all the pregnant mommies. Keep posting I love reading about everyone’s growth and progress. Hope everyone had a Happy and Safe 4th of July!
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

poor Cheyenne has her first cold!

for the most part she is being a trooper and is her normal happy self..

but that cough kills me! shes all congested..
    i wish when i go to wipe her nose she would listen when i say blow..

hopefully she'll get better real fast!!

its really messing up her sleeping at night..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - it has been ages since I posted last.

Kristen - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you and your family. I'm sorry to hear about your job. It is so stressful. Hopefully the new job will work out well.

To all those who are expecting Congratulations to you as well.

Lizzy - Girls are so much fun (for now). I'm sure that opinion will change when they become teenagers. I've got two and they are the light of my life. They are both Daddy's girls and it is so sweet.

My new job is good. I'm loving working from home. My DH is enjoying his job working from home as well. It is hard sometimes to stay motivated throughout the day to keep focused on work.

The girls are doing good. Abby starts 1st grade and has been going to day camp at our Parks and Rec department. She comes home exhausted, but it seems she is having a blast. Maddie is a handful and kind of reminds both my husband and I of the little boy in the movie "Parenthood" that would run around the house with a bucket on his head. I'm really hoping she gets some common sense soon.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meldan98 View Post
    Maddie is a handful and kind of reminds both my husband and I of the little boy in the movie "Parenthood" that would run around the house with a bucket on his head. I'm really hoping she gets some common sense soon.
    Melissa, I know how you feel. Sometimes I look at gavin and I am like really Kid are you kidding me. Glad to hear I am not the only one that feel this way sometimes. Thanks for the laugh, it was just wat I needed toady

-Thayre
    Emerson and Gavin's mommy
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

Baby boy is just about 9 months old now and he's weighing in at just over 19 pounds. Doctor says he's doing well. He's standing up every chance he gets and enjoys walking while holding onto things. I love him. I am totally jealous of DH for getting to stay home with him while I work. He's doing full time school at the same time though, so he's got a lot on his plate. Life is a happy balance.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

He's gotten 2 teeth in the last week! We are all so excited.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Me Settle a Bet....Dinner and a Movie on the Line

My sister and I are having an argument.

One of us says that a bottle should be given before cereal and it should be a full bottle, six ounces in this case. Then, after he is done with it he should get cereal.

The other says that half the bottle should be used to make the rice cereal mixture and then the rest, around three or four ounces, should be given to DS after he finishes his cereal. Meaning, no additional ounces added.

Which of us is right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by starryeyes21 View Post
    My sister and I are having an argument.

One of us says that a bottle should be given before cereal and it should be a full bottle, six ounces in this case. Then, after he is done with it he should get cereal.

The other says that half the bottle should be used to make the rice cereal mixture and then the rest, around three or four ounces, should be given to DS after he finishes his cereal. Meaning, no additional ounces added.

Which of us is right?
    im sure theres no right or wrong answer..
    but i do it as i make the cereal with some of the formula from the bottle and then give my daughter the rest of it..so about 2oz in cereal and the rest she drinks (or is suppose to anyway..lol)
    but my baby sitter does it the other way..she makes the cereal and makes a 7oz bottle..some how my daughter drinks more for her..and more power to her..my daughter is a peanut and could use some extra weight!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I obviously haven't been around for a while. Took reading 3 pages of posts to catch up! Now that I'm back at school, though, I can read on a daily basis!

I can't answer on the GERD/Formula issue. I breastfed mine exclusively. I can count on one hand the number of times she spit up. Sorry.

Those of you whom are preggers, congratulations! DH and I are working on number 2, so I hope I can make an announcement soon, as well. We're shooting for a May baby, to work well with my teaching schedule. Of course, until it happens, we'll just "have fun practicing," as Derek on Criminal Minds says.

As for Sammie, she's doing great! She talks non-stop, is constantly happy, and loves exploring. Random strangers stop us and tell us how beautiful she is. Of course, I think so too, but I'm biased. She's still our little pixie; only up to 22 lbs and will be 2 in less than 2 months. I bought her some clothes for our upcoming Disney trip and got 18mo tops and 12mo shorts... I'll probably have to pin the shorts. We're working on potty training, but not hard. She goes by herself about 5 times a week, then we'll remember to ask sometimes. The rest, well, you know how that goes. I decided to lay off it for a while, til she gets readjusted to the sitter.

I can't wait to take her back to "the World." We're going for my 30th b-day this time, but she'll have just turned 2, too.

So glad to be "back." Missed you guys!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Susan, welcome back!!

Sammie is such a cutie. It's hard to believe the girls are almost 2 already.

We had to pin a couple of pairs of Maddie's shorts and just as a suggestion, you may want to just take a needle and thread and tack them instead. I've been poked to many times in the last 3 weeks, I'm going stitching them this weekend.

I hope school is off to a good start for you!

Melissa
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

We had our big ultrasound this morning and we are having another little boy! I have to admit that I am feeling a little sad that I will never have a little girl since this is our last, but I am excited that Myers will have a little brother to play with.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Kristin, congrats on the boy!

I was a little sad when I found out I was having a girl instead of another boy, but I am starting to get excited now.

I am in the home stretch! I'm in the third trimester and things have gotten rough! I was in another car accident, but even before that I have had the worst hip/back/sciatic pain ever. I never had such pains with either of my previous pregnancies.
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

I have a quick question about nap time. I have a six month old DS and until recently I was letting him take him morning nap in my arms. Well, a week or so ago I decided that maybe this wasn't the best thing to be doing because he is getting older and the best place for him to nap would be his crib. Also, this is his long nap and I would end up holding him for two hours sometimes. Recently, we made the move to the crib for naps. It is taking him a long time to fall asleep. Usually between a half hour and forty-five minutes. I know he needs the nap but when he was taking it in my arms he would fall asleep right away. Now, he rolls around, plays with his toes, makes noises, puts the paci in and out of his mouth...etc.

Here's my question, do I take him out of the crib after fifteen minutes or so and assume he's not tired or leave him and let him fall asleep. He always does but I'm afraid that he's simply falling asleep out of a lack of anything better to do or boredom . I'm afraid that I'm being mean by not going to get him and doing something engaging with him.

He's sleeping right now....but he fought it for a decent amount of time. He never cries. Just plays. He probably won't nap again until 5pm after he wakes up from this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Starryeyes- Myers almost always plays in his crib before he falls asleep. Sometimes it is only for 10 minutes or so, but tonight he played for almost 2 hours before he finally fell asleep (from 8pm-10pm)! As long as your son is not crying, I wouldn't worry about it. It is good if he can put himself to sleep and keep himself occupied.

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all! I had my first OB appointment yesterday and I am due with my first child on April 11!!

We are also going to Disney in October, so we're very excited. Does anyone have any tips on special things a pregnant girl can do while in Disney? Also, because I refuse to waste $82 just to go visit Harry Potter when I can't do anything else, I'll be spending a day in "The World" by myself.

Thanks in advance!
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenperich View Post
    Hello all! I had my first OB appointment yesterday and I am due with my first child on April 11!!

We are also going to Disney in October, so we're very excited. Does anyone have any tips on special things a pregnant girl can do while in Disney? Also, because I refuse to waste $82 just to go visit Harry Potter when I can't do anything else, I'll be spending a day in "The World" by myself.

Thanks in advance!
    First of all, !
    Secondly, you can do anything without a height requirement, while preggers in Disney. And believe me, we took our turning-1-year-old last year, and there's quite a few things you can ride.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there all!!!!

I've been so busy going to one dx appointment after another , I have no privacy anymore!!!!

Oh well...

I was tested for everything: PCOS, infertility, etc. I am going to see the dx Wednesday to find out the results. I had an ultrasound last week and have yet to know the results, but it didn't look bad.

I have high blood sugar. My mom has diabetes, so they're watching me. I am watching my sugar like mad and have lost down from a size 22 to an 18!

Kenny and I are moving to a new house! It's on the same block, so we're not moving far. We will have way more room now.

I have a new furbaby, Fernando. He is sooo cute! He is a Chihauhua and is two years old.

Kenny and I are going to WDW Oct. 26-31 and staying at CBR. We are going to see WWOHP on the 29th. On the 31st, we're going on DCL till Nov. 4th! Kenny is super psyched and so am I.

That's what's going on here. Oh, I will be going back to school next semester. Taking a break this semester in case I have to have something done with the fibroids.

Great to hear everything is going well around here. ttfn,

Anna
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Post Thanks / Like

Jen- Congrats!
    We are going to WDW in October and I will be 25 weeks. This will be my second trip while pregnant. There is so much you can do! Just make sure you schedule in more breaks for yourself (sit down meals, shows, time at the pool, etc).

Anna- I hope that they are able to figure out what is going on. Good luck on the new house and moving!

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Well it looks like I get to join this group. I am currently 14 weeks with our 3rd. I am due Feb. 25th.

I was told I probably couldn't have kids due to my PCOS, but much to my suprprise and the doctors I got pregnant 2 times before this.
    I have a 13 yr old and a 7 yr old.

My family has been rather insensitive in their remarks because of my age. I am 41, and they feel I am too old.
    Anyways my husband, and kids are very excited for the baby, and I am secretly praying it is a girl.
    We leave for Disney in October, and I have never been to Disney pregnant, and I am a little worried about how it will go. But on a good note we will know the sex of the baby before we go.
    I may have questions from time to time since it has been so long since I have been pregnant, and so far this one is not anything like the other 2.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

Okey dokey, I wen to the dx yesterday and got the results.

The fibroid has grown slightly. I am having another ultrasound Oct. 19 (the week before we leave) to see how it looks. Oh welll..

It was discovered that I am insulin resistant. Just like mom. I also make too many male hormones. So, my dx put me on metformin to regulate me.

I was told to keep taking my sugar and watch my diet. I go back in March 1 unless of course I come back with one of these after our trip...

We're packing now to move into our new house. Looking forward to it. Lots of new room!

That's what's up with us. Sooo looking forward to Oct. 26th!!!!

Anna
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Share This Thread On Social Media: