Quantcast Anyone Booked 1 night stay day of arrival?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone Booked 1 night stay day of arrival?

Has anyone called and booked just 1 night at a WDW resort on the day you want to check in??
    We are heading down on Friday, a day earlier than we planned. We are not actually doing WDW this time, but instead making it our virgin trip to US/IOA and staying onsite there. We had planned to leave Friday afternoon and to stop around South Georgia or Gainesville for the night then head into Orlando on Sat. morning as we have done in the past. But now, we are able to leave on Friday morning and head down and can easily drive the entire distance. Also Florida is having their first home game so everything from Lake CIty to Ocala will be booked. I have checked and Pop Century seems to have plenty of rooms available for $55 that night. But, we just will not know for sure where we will end up until the afternoon.
    Is it possible for me to call and get a room a couple of hours before we arrive? Has anyone done this? Thanks!
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I ended up arriving a day before I thought I would. We were staying at pop century, and they were able to check us in a day early. It was a separate reservation, and I still had to go to the front desk to get our room keys fir the test of the week the next day, but it was the same room.

Post Thanks / Like

We've done the same as the PP, but at ASMu.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can do that, but I usually wouldn't recommend it. If you book a room the day of arrival you'll pay full rack rate, which is a lot more expensive than you would pay for something nicer off-site. We often book a room only for the day of arrival with the package starting the next day, but that's when we book in advance and can get a room only discount, either through AAA or a special from Disney.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Smile downtown disney area hotels

The Downtown Disney Area hotels are very nice and not really expensive!! We have stayed at the Double Tree and been very happy. We arrived a couple of days early and did Seaworld and Downtown Disney and then we were right there to check into POR!

My cousins family stayed at the Regal Sun and loved it until they checked into POR as well!

Post Thanks / Like

I did this back in May. I was working in Tampa and decided not to go back home to Jax. I called and got an additional night for the same rate. Later in the week we found out that our work was going to be done even earlier. I called Wednesday night for another night Thursday, still got the same discounted rate. I was thrilled to get 2 additional nights for the same discount rates with short notice. I was surprised since I was I was staying at FQ and in the past I couldn't even get a room.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid, we did that all the time! We'd go to Magic Kingdom for the day, and if we were too tired to drive home, we'd go to an All-Star Resort. This was before Pop was built. They always had something available. The one time they didn't, they sent us to the Grand Floridian for the night at the price of the All-Star. I wouldn't expect that these days, but I'm sure they can accommodate you!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pop for $55 nite??

bkfree... I have to ask where you got the rate quote for Pop for $55 for the additional nite? We're also arriving a day earlier than planned (originally planned to arrive Sunday Nov. 7, but will now arrive Saturday Nov. 6). We're checking in to Saratoga Springs on Sunday. We wanted to find a deal at one of the Value resorts for that one night, but the cheapest I can find is $130.00 at ASMo! We don't mind staying at one of the off-site US 192 Hotels, but would love to stay in Disney if possible.
    "Hey look... its the Incredibles parade!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MCeee View Post
    but the cheapest I can find is $130.00 at ASMo!
    That's full rack rate. Check with Magical Journeys to see if any room only discounts are available for your night. We've often gotten room only rates at the All-Stars for $49-57/night with the room only discount available.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    That's full rack rate. Check with Magical Journeys to see if any room only discounts are available for your night. We've often gotten room only rates at the All-Stars for $49-57/night with the room only discount available.
    Unfortunately for me Kathy at MJ couldn't work miracles

We are slightly different, wanting to go down 11/26 to 12/4. Unfortunately the free dining doesn't start until 11/27. Since we don't fly in until after 5:00pm I suggested a room only reservation for the 26th then the MYW package for the remainder of the trip. It worked but I'm assuming because it's the day after Thanksgiving we only got full rack rate at POR-AB Because of our family size (5) that is about our only on-site option (in our price range).

Post Thanks / Like

My sister and Dad stayed one night at AK prior to a cruise they took a couple of years ago. They had to jump through a couple of hoops to book the room (several months in advance), but we had told them how great the place is and they wanted to stay there. Disney isn't just a motel/hotel that you would book one night in...you pay dearly for that.

Having said that, I'd stay one night at a WDW Resort anytime.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh well...

While I appreciate the suggestion that I check with Magical Journeys for that first night, it seems that they're not interested in helping one who is a "new client with request for accommodations fewer than 3 nights". I would be a "new client"... and I would be requesting accommodations for "fewer than 3 nights." So I filled in the complete information only to find... at the very end, the above disclosures.

Anyone else have an idea?
    "Hey look... its the Incredibles parade!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MCeee View Post
    While I appreciate the suggestion that I check with Magical Journeys for that first night, it seems that they're not interested in helping one who is a "new client with request for accommodations fewer than 3 nights". I would be a "new client"... and I would be requesting accommodations for "fewer than 3 nights." So I filled in the complete information only to find... at the very end, the above disclosures.

Anyone else have an idea?
    I would suggest trying a resort at Downtown Disney. It's not Disney-owned, but it is on property (Or close enough). Because you're going in November, rates are higher than usual everywhere, but you might find a decent deal off property.
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

We often stay at a value or DTD resort for one night before our actual package starts. Especially if we are staying at a deluxe on the dining plan for our main vacation. I would call WDW reservations or book online. There shouldn't be any problem getting a one night room only. But, I would definitely go ahead and get it booked. We tinkered with the idea of getting down a day early for our vacation last week and ALL of the mods and values were booked solid. Good luck!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

For whatever it's worth, we definitely did not pay rack rate for the room when we did this.

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing this on our upcoming September trip. Silly me booked our stay at POFQ and then booked the airfare for the day before. Didn't realize it till about a month ago, but we were able to get into AS resorts for one night at the military rate, so it is very reasonable. How about checking with AAA or just doing a general search on current promotions?
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: