Quantcast do some people actually like the summer heat?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do some people actually like the summer heat?

hello,

dw and I have been in september 6 times and are seriously considering cancelling this september to try a cooler month like february.

such a tough decision with free dining and it is such a quiet month compared to other months.

do some of you actually not mind the heat and humidity in september?

we also hate standing in lines and even early february will likely be busier than september.

also danger of a cold snap also and we love the waterparks
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the heat or humidity but I do like a deal and the weather is pretty much the same all over in the summer so.....

Post Thanks / Like

It is kind of bittersweet, I guess. I certainly don't like the heat, but as you said, as far as crowds, free dining, etc, September is awesome. I have gone in September for the past 7 years and love it! I guess being from St. Louis, we have some really hot, humid, summers, so I may as well be in Disney as opposed to home.

Post Thanks / Like

In looking at the 'Weather' link on Info Central, I see that the weather in September is comparable to the weather in May. Our last two trips were in May and altho it was warm, it was not unbearable to us. Of course, our summers here in central NC are very similar to Orlando (our heat index this past weekend was 112 degrees... ) but I don't 'love' the extreme heat and the May weather was bearable to me. I am hoping that when we go the last week of September it will be similar to what we have experienced the last couple of years in May. The free dining is worth a little perspiration to me!!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Go in July, then talk to me about the heat...

It's not uncommon for me to go through 40oz of water before 10am in July, then a couple more bottle before heading back to the room in the afternoon. I've found that staying hydrated makes a world of difference. Also keeping your feet cool, via some type of sandal, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't bear any humidity...and anything above 70 is too hot for me. If you can't do November through January, I would definitely choose February. If you are going to stick with September, go as late as possible in the month
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

If I had my choice, I'd probably go to Disney World in October or November. However, I'm a teacher and my children are in school, so we really can't go any other time except Easter (which is expensive and crowded), or July/August. We can handle the heat by going to the parks early and late, and spending the afternoons at the pool.
    Coming up....BCV and BWV 2016????
    BWV July 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15!!!!
    BWV and BCV July 2009
    BWV 12/2008 (Surprise trip!)
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2008
    Swan 06/2007
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2005
    Beach Club Villas 11/2004, 04/2006
    Contemporary 4/2002, 4/2004

Post Thanks / Like

I like the heat. I have gone in June twice and March once. I hated that March weather was cold in the morning, hot during the midday, then cool at night. We didn't pack a single pants or long sleeves and had to buy jackets that trip.

I like that the summer-fall months give you a guaranteed forecast: hot, with rain for 5 minutes each day: dress accordingly.

I do drink a ton of water and eat a ton of Mickey Bars, but I love the summer heat!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

The first few times we ever went were in the summer. I didn't mind the weather, but I don't like the crowds and pushy people. When they bump into you, you feel like you stick to them!! The plus is the water parks feel really good. I love Christmas time even if it gets cold...it's supposed to for Christmas to me! My husband and I are trying October this year. I am looking forward to the fall decorations.
    Disney Institute December 1999
    Ft. Wilderness June 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006-December 2007
    Caribbean Beach January 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside - January 2009
    Pop Century January 2007, December 2009, November 2010
    Pop CenturyOctober 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We've been going in Sept for the past 6 years. I personally don't mind the heat but the humidity tends to bother me. For me, the fact that it's not crowded really makes the difference. If I had to stand in long lines in that heat/humidity that would definitely make things miserable. As long as I'm moving and stay hydrated, I'm fine. I even walk from DHS to Epcot in that heat because it's way to humid (plus slow) on the boat.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

We went in March (Spring Break), way too cold for me. If my family wants to go when it's cold, they can go without me. I know it sounds crazy, but I really love 90 to 100 degree days, which is almost all summer here. When it gets below 70 degrees, I don't go outside unless it's absolutely necessary.

CBR - June 01
    Ft. Wilderness March 03
    POR March 05
    Ft. Wilderness - May 06
    Wilderness Lodge March 07
    Coronado Springs Jan 08

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I like the heat and humidity but it's better than being cold and at least it's consistent. I know I only have to pack shorts and t-shirts / tank tops - no need for jeans / pants, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. Anytime I can pack lighter and less is a great thing. I also find it easier to cool off than it is to warm up.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We always go in September and I like the heat.
    It doesn't seem to bother me as much as others but then I really hate the cold. I live in Scotland were we just don't get heat like that so I am always happy when I get there and its nice and warm
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite time to go is mid to late October. While the weather is pretty hot compared to what I am used to, it is bearable and you can still hit the water parks Its also a good time for crowds - even with MNSSHP and the food and wine festival.
    Maybe you could consider Oct/Nov where it is likely to be warmer than Feb/Mar.
    Whatever you decide - enjoy it.
    Jo

Next trip Sept 2014 - POFQ
    Oct 2011 - POFQ
    Oct 2009 - POFQ
    April 2008 - off site
    Nov 2006 - CBR
    March 2005 - Disneyland Paris
    Oct 2004 - AKL
    April 2003 - off site
    Dec 1997 - off site
    June 1995 - Disney California

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    I can't say I like the heat and humidity but it's better than being cold and at least it's consistent. I know I only have to pack shorts and t-shirts / tank tops - no need for jeans / pants, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. Anytime I can pack lighter and less is a great thing. I also find it easier to cool off than it is to warm up.
    Agreed! Knowing that you don't need to pack for every possible temperature range makes it easy and keeps luggage to a minimum!!

We tend to make our trips in the second half of September and the temps are much like summer here at home, so we're pretty much acclimated already. Actually, there are periods, like the past week or two, where the temps and heat index are higher here than in FLA!!!!

On a personal note: Our late September trips have become our way of saying "Goodbye!" to Summer -- Once we get home, it is time to start Fall preparations -- get leaf blower tuned up, close pool, prep flower gardens for Winter....etc.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I love the heat. 85 to 95 degrees is perfect. Husband thinks it's to hot and daughter gets a bit cranky but they survive.

Post Thanks / Like

Try the first few weeks in December if possible. They have free dining, low crowds and cooler weather. I hate the hot weather and long lines. I am trying to talk DH into going in early December. I will go anytime I can though because I love Disney World!
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the florida heat....of course i'm from the north!!The way i look at florida's heat is that it's like other people's babys and pets...
    i love them all as long as i can leave 'em

Post Thanks / Like

Id go for it in Sept. Its hot but not like it is now. Plus with shorter lines your not standing outside all the time.

Feb is another great time. Only problem is they usually do alot of refurbs in jan/feb do to low crowds...... Splash Mountain being one of them.

Youll have fun in Sept if ya go. Enjoy.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the heat! But I could live without the humidity! This will be the first time we are going in September and from the sounds of it that is a hot month When we were planning our Vacation in the beginning I wanted September because I thought it would be a cooler month. I guess I was wrong. I just hope my 9 month old will be ok with the heat
    Jun '00 Jul '03 - All-Star Music
    Aug '05 - POP
    May '07 - All-Star Sports
    Aug '08 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    Mar '09 - POP
    Sept '10 - POP (Our DD 1st Trip!!)
    Oct ' 11-Nov '11 - POP
    Nov '13 -Off Property Bonnet Creek
    Jun '14 -POP (Our DS 1st Trip!!)
    Jun '15 -POP
    Aug '15 -Disneyland (1st Trip)

Share This Thread On Social Media: