Quantcast Star Tours Farewell?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Tours Farewell?

I know Star Tours is going to be closing for refurbishment. What I don't know is the timing, and any details of the "Farewell to Endor" event coming up in August. First off, is that event in Florida or California? I'm thinking California, because the WDW calendar for August does not show an early closing of the Studios on that day.

Does anyone have the full story?
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I do know the event is in Orlando. It is part of a huge Starwars convention in August. Tickets can be found on the Walt Disney World Ticket page. I have not heard of the actual date for the closing but expect it sometime soon after. Hate it, but it really does need a makeover.
    Here is the realease from WDW on their hard ticket page.

Last Tour to Endor at Disney's Hollywood Studios™ is a first-of-its-kind entertainment experience so incredible that not even the Rebel's Bothan spies have been able to steal the top-secret plans! The event gives longtime fans a chance to make one last flight to Endor before Star Tours "powers down" to make way for its new re-imagining in 2011. The evening culminates with Symphony in the Stars, a Star Wars fireworks spectacular as only Disney can create. So put on your favorite Star Wars costume and join your fellow fans for the ultimate Star Wars party during the ultimate Star Wars event — Star Wars Celebration V!

Last Tour to Endor: Saturday, August 14, 2010. 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM Eastern. Entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios™ opens to Event Guests at 4:00 PM Eastern. Round Trip transportation to/from Orange County Convention Center and Disney's Hollywood Studios™ is included in the event ticket price.

The number of tickets available is limited. Events often sell out early. Tickets are valid only during specific event dates and hours. Entertainment and event components subject to change or cancellation without notice. Ticket types, entitlements and prices subject to change without notice. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Looking for additional Theme Park Ticket options? Select from the Browse Available Tickets drop down at the top of this page to purchase other special Meeting/Convention Theme Park tickets
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - that clears things up.

I had seen the 4:00 entrance time for the event and the 7:00 park closing time and that did not make sense. Now I know that they are just letting people in early before the 8:00 event.
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Post Thanks / Like

This is our last full day at WDW. We thought about going but at $75 per person, it's rather pricey. Sounds like a lot of fun though.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Wow No more Star Tours. I remember on our first trip to WDW this was the only ride we could get my daughter to ride. She was 7. There was no crowds and we got to ride it three times consecutively. It was pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what is in store next for this area.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom2000 View Post
    Wow No more Star Tours. I remember on our first trip to WDW this was the only ride we could get my daughter to ride. She was 7. There was no crowds and we got to ride it three times consecutively. It was pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what is in store next for this area.
    It's still going to be Star Tours but with an updated new movie that no longer takes you to Endor. As far as I know, no opening date has been set but it's hoped that it will be open in time for Star Wars Weekends 2011.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if we should avoid DHS that day or go there?? We will NOT be getting the tix for the night event, so it is probably best to avoid that park due to all of the people with tickets for the night getting 4:00 entry???

Will there be anything special going on at DHS that day prior to the event?
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Star Tours will be closed Sept 8 - May 20, just in time for SWW 2010.

I am considering paying the 75 beans to attend The Last Tour to Endor party mainly for the photo ops with the characters, the fireworks and any event-only merch that may be available.

only 3 more weeks til I'm at WDW!!!!
    "in darkness there is power"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: