Quantcast I never knew that...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default I never knew that...

Since WDW seems to always have surprises...what did you learn or discover last trip?

I discovered that Caseys Corner has a "baseball stadium grandstand" in the back where you can sit and watch a classic cartoon while you enjoy your dog. Im sure everyone knew that already but it was a first for us. (its usually so crowded we eat outside.) So what did you discover or find that you never knew about last trip?
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The part of the Maelstrom ride that actually opens up to the outside. I think it is at the end of the portion that goes backwards. If you
    aren't in the back of the boat you might not notice you are actually outside.

1972, 1976, 1989, 1993, 2002 - Offsite
    1996 - CBR
    1999, 2010 - CR
    2000, 2001, 2003 GF
    2004. 2007 WL
    2005 AKL
    2014 TBD

Post Thanks / Like

How about the little theatre on Main Street where you can sit and watch old Mickey cartoons. Or the two rocking chairs by the exit to The Hall of Presidents. The CMs call it the best seats in the house.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tested this one yet...

I read that the Shooting Gallery at MK is FREE in the mornings. So we will check it out.

Also, I didn't know about the paintbrushes at TSI so we will try that next time as well.
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rekenna View Post

I read that the Shooting Gallery at MK is FREE in the mornings. So we will check it out.

It was 2 years ago!

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure a lot of people knew this but at the end of the que for Jungle Cruise the Tarantula in the cage actually moves!!!!
    Too many times to count before NOW! 40+

Next trips planned Jan.1-6 2013 ~ ORANGE LAKE RESORT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rekenna View Post

I read that the Shooting Gallery at MK is FREE in the mornings.
    What is this I have not heard of it?

I guess something I learned on my last trip is that the babycare centers have everything you could need for baby. ( we were with friends with a baby, they utilized this)
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Okay...I feel a bit silly about this one because it seem s like we REALLY should have known this...but, we didn't know that the queue line for Star Tours takes you underneath the Ewok's treehouse. Really, on this past trip, it was the first time we'd had to wait in any line at all for Star Tours. On past trips, we'd always walked in right away. This time? we were shocked to see a wait time of 50min posted outside.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

This is actually from a couple of years ago...I never knew about the well outside of Indiana Jones in DHS with the rope that you can pull. I had just read about it before our last trip in '08 and made sure I pulled it when I got there! (Little things excite me )
    If we can dream it, then we can do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiLounger View Post
    Okay...I feel a bit silly about this one because it seem s like we REALLY should have known this...but, we didn't know that the queue line for Star Tours takes you underneath the Ewok's treehouse. Really, on this past trip, it was the first time we'd had to wait in any line at all for Star Tours. On past trips, we'd always walked in right away. This time? we were shocked to see a wait time of 50min posted outside.
    Cool - Honestly that's news to me & iIve been going for a decade & a half. I have never seen that part of the queue either - I've only always just walked right on (I go in the low season).
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiLounger View Post
    the queue line for Star Tours takes you underneath the Ewok's treehouse.
    Wow! I didn't know that either! I will have to check it out!!

Last edited by PinKy; 07-12-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: incorrect quote formatting
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLegos View Post
    Cool - Honestly that's news to me & iIve been going for a decade & a half. I have never seen that part of the queue either - I've only always just walked right on (I go in the low season).
    The reason the line was so long is probably because it's getting ready to close and be completely revamped. So this is the last time to see the original attraction. Drives up the interest.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Did not know this but supposedly the two trams for Great Movie Ride are different. We always get put on the back one and it is the gangster one but supposedly the front one is a western shootout. If you really take time to walk AK you will find tons of stuff to do. Getting close to the tree of life on the walk and see the carvings up close. Rafikis Planet watch has several of the characters that come out that you do not see in the parks, Ak has a walk where the Cm's at the end of the park day about 4-5pm they have 3 of the large gorillas out there that they feed to get ready to put them in at night and will tell you lots of info. Hand movements make the gorillas do things very very interesting..
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: