Quantcast Cinderlla Castle

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cinderlla Castle

Not that i would ever be able to afford it, but how would one go about being able to stay in the room at Cinderella's castle? And how much do you think it would cost per night?
    My laughin' place is a doom buggy

12 times at the world and counting!
    Next trip: June 20 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

They made Cinderella's suite for the year of a million dreams promotion (I think that's what that promotion was called). You could only win a night's stay in the room during the promotion. I don't know what they do with the room now. I'm sure they must still use it for special guests or something. I'm sure someone else on here will know. As far as I know, you can't rent the room. I'm sure if you could it would be REALLY expensive!!! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to stay there.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

The Cinderella Castle Suite is not for rent. At some point in the future, that may be possible...like millionaires buying a seat on the Space Shuttle or on the International Space Station, but that is not the case now or in the forseeable future.

But, it's a lovely thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you are a celeb...if I recall correctly, Tom Cruise and family stayed there when they went to WDW for Suri's bday.
    Beth

Past WDW trips:
    '83 - Contemporary
    '99 - Grad Night, offsite
    '03 - Day trip MK
    '04 - Day trip MK
    '05 - Poly LVC; POFQ Christmas trip
    '06 - Poly
    '08 - Poly
    '09 - POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour back in April and the tour guide said you cannot rent the suite at all.

There has only been one instance of someone renting the suite, and it was Tom Cruise. Apparently the entire property was booked so Disney did allow them to stay in the suite, but it's my understanding they had to get the head of Disney (like I think all the way up to Rober Iger) to approve it.

It's not really meant to be an experience you can buy. It's a once in a lifetime experience. They gave away nights during The Year of a Million Dreams and I believe some other special families get to stay there as well (maybe some Make-A-Wish).

Funny story about the Year of a Million Dreams, one day they were giving the suite away to the "x" person to ride Pirates of the Caribbean that day. The guy who won ran away from the Cast Member thinking that they were trying to see him a timeshare.
    84 - FW
    94 - Off Site
    95 - ASMu
    96 - Off Site
    08 - POFQ
    2/09 - Coronado
    7/09 - AS Sports
    9/09 - POP
    12/09- One day for Christmas
    4/10 - POFQ
    7/10 - Offsite
    3/11 - AS Sports
    5/14 - Coronado
    7/15 - AS Sports
    7/17 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it never becomes a place for the rich and famous. And I resent the fact that Tom Cruise and his family were allowed to experience that because of who they were.
    If they keep rewarding the room to regular guests, that's one thing. But allowing an over indulgent actor, that's another. Next they will close the park for Brad Pitt and his family.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You could win it during the Year of a Million Dreams, like we did!

But as far as I know, it's not available "for rent" at this point. If it was, I'm quite certain it would go for at least $10,000 to $15,000 a night. That's pretty typical for the top tier suites at most resorts.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps they let Tom Cruise stay in the suite to keep him away from all the normal guests. This might have been a move to protect all the other guests from him.

His behavior has been erratic the last few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    I hope it never becomes a place for the rich and famous. And I resent the fact that Tom Cruise and his family were allowed to experience that because of who they were.
    If they keep rewarding the room to regular guests, that's one thing. But allowing an over indulgent actor, that's another. Next they will close the park for Brad Pitt and his family.
    I agree. The suite should not be for only those with wealth. I would like to see it used for families and children from Make A Wish. And maybe as a prize give away.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

The suite was built by, and is owned by, The Walt Disney Company. They should be able to, and can, do as they please with it.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    I agree with you and couldnt have said it better.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fastpasssteve View Post
    Perhaps they let Tom Cruise stay in the suite to keep him away from all the normal guests. This might have been a move to protect all the other guests from him.

His behavior has been erratic the last few years.
    Hilarious! But I would think they would be worried he might ruin the upholstry on their couch......if he jumps on it
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    The suite was built by, and is owned by, The Walt Disney Company. They should be able to, and can, do as they please with it.
    True, but you can't argue that they should most definitely consider the PR implications of renting out Cinderella's Castle to the highest bidder.

For a "We're family friendly and charitable and oh-so pure as the driven snow" company like Disney to do something that has risks and rewards. Sure, the potential revenue stream is juicy but at what cost?

Then again, this is the company that just built a neighborhood of $1m+ homes in the heart of Disney World, so I guess maybe they're not that worried about PR.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    You could win it during the Year of a Million Dreams, like we did!

But as far as I know, it's not available "for rent" at this point. If it was, I'm quite certain it would go for at least $10,000 to $15,000 a night. That's pretty typical for the top tier suites at most resorts.
    First of all, you are incredibly fortunate to have won a stay at The Castle. And all of us here on this site are lucky to have your insights. But you may have drastically underestimated the price for a castle stay. If Tom Cruise has been the only one to "rent out" the castle, but only due to the fact the entire park went with it, wouldn't the cost be more like one Million? I'm thinking in terms of how many dollars a "hard ticket" event brings in. Fifteen grand is chump change in comparison.

I agree that Disney owns the Castle and can do with it as they please. But honestly, if the public had the chance to plunk down $15,000 for a night in MK, i would wager the Suite would be booked every weekend. There are plenty of rich people that could to this. But limiting it to the few that can rent the entire park would cut out a lot of the riff raff.

And lastly, why couldn't that CM who gave me "Year of a Million Dreams Mouse Ears" have presented me with a night at the Castle?

A once in a lifetime experience, indeed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eas423 View Post
    Unless you are a celeb...if I recall correctly, Tom Cruise and family stayed there when they went to WDW for Suri's bday.

[QUOTE=Ian;2071519]You could win it during the Year of a Million Dreams, like we did!
    QUOTE]

SWEET!

To the OP, when I win the lottery I will let you know!

It would be nice if it was reserved for Make-A-Wish children-they need it and deserve it the most!
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

They invested alot of money into doing that suite and i highly doubt it will go unused for too long. I do think you will have to pay for it though. There is a lot that goes along with the suite, and Ian will have to fill us in more, but I understand that there is a CM who kinda guards the hallway so you can't leave after park hours, and not to mention room service, maid service, etc that all goes along with a hotel room
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Imagineer1981: I agree, what is the point in investing that amount of money for a beautiful suite to sit empty? Especially when there are people willing, if not begging to pay for it. Seems silly to me, but they do own it, and can do what they want with it I suppose.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Then again, this is the company that just built a neighborhood of $1m+ homes in the heart of Disney World, so I guess maybe they're not that worried about PR.
    Not to get off topic but i really hate this idea.I think it ruins everything Disney and the magic of Disney.
    My laughin' place is a doom buggy

12 times at the world and counting!
    Next trip: June 20 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: