Quantcast Strmchsr Family Vacation 2010 part 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Strmchsr Family Vacation 2010 part 4

Cast: me, Renae (DW), Caleb (DS9), and Cole (DS4)

Days: May 9-10, 2010

We woke up early on Mother's Day to be at MK for the opening ceremony. DW had never seen it. Her wish for mother's day was to see that and get a family pic in front of the castle. We managed both then sent her off to the Grand Floridian to enjoy one of the fancy massages while the boys and I hit the parks. Caleb had desperately wanted to ride Splash Mountain since it was closed when we were there in January. We hurried back and found...it was closed. Mechanical problems. Caleb wasn't too happy, but we hopped on BTMRR then went across to Tom Sawyer's Island. We hadn't been there before and Caleb has just finished reading the books so we spent a good hour letting the boys explore and enjoy themselves. They loved all of it. Once a refreshed and pampered Renae rejoined us we had lunch at Cosmic Ray's then headed for DHS. RNRC had been closed with mechanical problems earlier in the week so we wanted to be sure to hit it, which we did with a fastpass (standby was 130 min at one point). Also, we were able to get in to LMA and Playhouse Disney as well as the Great Movie Ride before our supper at Prime Time. "Uncle George" was a lot of fun and we all ended up with clean-plate stickers.

Crowds were quite heavy at both MK and DHS, but we expected that on Mother's Day. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, though. We were able to move around without bumping into someone every other step like at MK the previous evening. Given that WDW extended hours and added a Spectro I think the big MK crowds on Saturday surprised them, too.

Monday we packed the van then headed to Epcot for our last few hours in the World. To start the park was almost deserted. We walked right on most of the FutureWorld rides (not Soarin, but we did get a fastpass and didn't have to wait long). The weather was also the nicest it had been since we had been down with a cool breeze. The crowds started showing up by noon, but it still wasn't too bad. We had lunch at Le Cellier and took one last stroll around World Showcase before loading up and making the 7 1/2 hour drive back to Millbrook.

I took around 700 pics for this trip, so I couldn't post them all, but if you want to see any of my pics, feel free to check them out on my FB profile. I did it in 2 albums here and here. I tried to do a lot of "scenary" shots so if you want any of these for your collection (or if you want something that I might have and just didn't post on FB) send me a PM and I'll be glad to send that along to you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Love your wifes Mother's Day morning!!! How wonderful is that?
    I enjoyed the pictures. Thank you!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

What a special Mother's day for your wife!
    The Opening Ceremony at MK is a favorite of mine, need to catch it each trip. Looking forward to your pictures, thanks for the reports.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you had an amazing trip and the BEAUTIFUL pictures confirm that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

What do you shoot?
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    It sounds like you had an amazing trip and the BEAUTIFUL pictures confirm that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

What do you shoot?
    I have a Pentax K-x with an 18-55 and 55-270mm lenses. To get some of those silky water shots I used a neutral density filter (0.9). Glad you liked them! I had fun shooting those.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Nice end to your vacation. I wasn't able to see the pictures ---bummer. I don't belong to Facebook so I'm guessing that is why.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Love the pictures! What a wonderful Mother's Day for Renae. Great report, thanks!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Loved hearing about your trip! I wanted to see your pictures but I don't do facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
    Loved hearing about your trip! I wanted to see your pictures but I don't do facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    Nice end to your vacation. I wasn't able to see the pictures ---bummer. I don't belong to Facebook so I'm guessing that is why.
    Not sure why you weren't able to see those. I set the privacy setting to "everyone" intentionally so that you should be able to see the pics even if you're not my "friend" or belong to FB. I also posted some of the shots (but not quite as many) to my Webshots album. You can see that here if you can't do FB.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics Chris! I so want to get a DSRL myself so that I can frame the pics I want, like you did. Point and shoot digitals just don't give you the opportunities to play with the setting.

Thanks for sharing these with us!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link. Beautiful pictures.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

great pictures!! thanx sooo much for sharing them and your vacation with us!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky Mom - sounds like you made her day really special! Bummer for Caleb, though, that he missed his Splash Mountain "make-up" ride.

Your pictures are great, Chris. Thanks for sharing for those of us who didn't make it down for the Flower & Garden Festival. Crowds were obviously higher than you'd have liked them to be . . . but overall another great trip!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

What a great way to spend mother's day. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. How nice to give your wife such a nice Mother's Day gift!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, how nice you did that for her! Great photos! I just took my little one and we loved all the flowers at Epcot, it was really even better this year. I just sent you a friend req over on FB too, I kept meaning to do that before.

Shari

Post Thanks / Like

Love the pics! We took a ton in just the six days we were there. We would have had a lot more pics with characters, but it was just too darn hot to wait in any lines for them!

Did you see Davy Jones in Epcot? We saw his first show before we left Epcot to drive back home to PA. He was awesome, and even walked out into the audience to get close to those of us who didn't wait 2 hours in the heat for a seat. Nice!

We almost stayed at ASM, too, but DH changed the ressie to CBR. Love the pics you took there. Now I'm thinking we have to give it a try!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

I enjoyed your vacation reports. Your family is lovely. Looks like you had a wonderful time. What a nice Mother's Day gift.

Your pictures are awesome. I think I need some photography lessons.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Share This Thread On Social Media: