Quantcast May or June?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: May or June?

Post Thanks / Like

Default May or June?

I'm getting into the process of planning our next Disney vacation... can't wait! My husband and I were there in the end of last June for our honeymoon. Even though it was peak season, we took advantage of morning extra magic hours (not really evening EMH) and were able to walk right on several rides every morning, so I didn't feel the crowds were TOO awful. We're looking at either next May or June (keeping our fingers crossed!). Since he's a substitute teacher and might be a permanent teacher next year, we won't know until August when we can go. My thoughts are, if he's still subbing, we should go in the beginning of next May (for prices and crowds). If he's teaching we'll go in the middle of June... we've done it before and it's really not that bad. If you're in Disney World no matter what time if the year it can't be all that bad! My question is, are the crowds (and prices) significantly lower in the beginning of May than in the middle of June? What are your thoughts? I also won't be able to book this trip until, at the EARLIEST, the end of August/beginning of September. We prefer concierge at the GF, will this be a problem? Previously we've booked much further in advance. Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Crowds and prices will both be significantly lower in May. Spring break is done and kids are in school so families are not vacationing at this time.
    Nov15-MVMCP; Mar12-Poly!; Dec11-MVMCP; Dec10-MVMCP; Oct10-CBR; May10-WL; Oct07-10k Race4Taste; Jul07; May07-5k Minnie; Jan07; Dec06-MVMCP; Oct06-ASM MNSSHP; Feb06-Poly!; Dec04; Nov02

Post Thanks / Like

May would be my first choice, plus you will likely be there for the Flower and Garden Festival and the weather should be a little bit cooler in May than in June and again less crowded.

Have a great trip no matter when you go!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

May is a great time of year to go (um, except last May, when we had the freakiest weather ever - more rain in one week than they'd had since November!). You will definitely find better weather and less crowds.

The cost will be higher in June since it's peak season. For example, at a moderate resort in May you'd pay 1373 for a week (room only), while in June it would be 1689 for the same room.
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: