Quantcast Gentlemen...please give up your seats for kids on bus! - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Somewhere during my lifetime, this changed to "Do unto others before they do unto you."

Sad, but it's the world we live in... When in Rome...
    I agree with you, but I flat out refuse to succumb to the "When in Rome" syndrome.

No way ... I fully subscribe to the "practice random acts of kindness" approach to life. Do others do the same? Nope, but I don't care because I don't have to look them in the mirror every day.

Signed,

A Guy Who Will Continue To Give Up His Seat To Others Until He Can No Longer Stand
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I agree with you, but I flat out refuse to succumb to the "When in Rome" syndrome.

No way ... I fully subscribe to the "practice random acts of kindness" approach to life. Do others do the same? Nope, but I don't care because I don't have to look them in the mirror every day.

Signed,

A Guy Who Will Continue To Give Up His Seat To Others Until He Can No Longer Stand

Post Thanks / Like

uhhhhh fail. I would get up for an Elderly woman or someone that was handicaped......thats about it.
    May 2009 CSR
    Febuary 2010 CBR
    Next Trip HoneyMoon May 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Signed,

That's fine, Ian, but does the same hold true for your wife? That's my only issue that it is all equal. I do agree that people, regardless of gender, should do unto others as you would have done unto you. If others do not practice that, or can't accept the offer because it came from a women, that is their loss, not mine.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

To the initial poster: Hindsight is a great thing to have if you use it to evaluate what took place. In your case, you are blaming two men for not giving up their seats. Did you consider waiting for the next bus so your children could sit? You are to be blamed for your daughter's misshap in my opinion.

To the other posters, If you are able to give up your seat on a bus for another human, why not do so. It really is a small sacrafice and a greatly appreciated gesture.

My DS (9) at the time had given up his seat to an elderly lady. When a teenager sitting with his friends near said "I'm tired, I'm not giving my seat up for anyone." My son turned to him and said "I would give up my seat for your grandmother." The other teens sitting began giving up their seats to people.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a long thread and heated subject. I am a 50ish woman and have had a young man offer a seat when I didn't need it. I took it only because he insisted, it was nice and made us both feel good. I have also ridden on the bus after illuminations. After wearing the wrong shoes all day and stood the whole way, mentally kicking myself for not wearing better shoes. Courtesy is not common and never has been. If it was no one would notice when it happens. I don't expect anyone to give up a seat on a bus when we are all tired (I have given up mine several times but). Now I park my big tushie on a bench and watch the world go by talk to the person I am with and enjoy myself until things lighten up. What is the point of stressing when you are on vacation?
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

After three pages of discussion, I think this topic has about run its course. Time to move on.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: