Quantcast Magical Express restrictions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magical Express restrictions

We have a weird situation. We're arriving by plane at MCO, but we will first rent a car at the airport and drive out to Clearwater for a week.

After that, we want to drop the car back off at MCO and then take Magical Express to Disney. Is it actually possible to take DME if you are not attaching it to a specific flight?

I know we can use the DME to get back to the airport. I also know there is a car rental agency onsite at Disney, but they charge a huge markup if you Pick Up from MCO and Drop Off at Disney.

Has anyone ever done this before?

Thanks!!
    Hi ho, hi ho
    To Disney World I go!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you return to the airport on the day you are checking into your resort at Disney, you have the right to use Magical Express from the airport to Disney even if you were not on a flight that arrived that day.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure about the markup? I thought there wasn't. I think it would be easier (and quicker) to rent the car from Alamo or National at the airport, then, after checking into your resort, return it to The Dolphin.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I just went to National's website and figured it out. I'm only planning on renting a car for 1 day and there is no markup for that. A weeks rental does have a markup. Not sure about the logic behind that but...
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

You won't have a problem.

As a Disney Resort guest, you are entitled to one DME trip from the airport to your hotel and one trip from the hotel to the airport. It doesn't matter when you actually make those trips, or even in which order they are taken.

For example, once we had a rental car while at WDW. During the trip, I was unexpectedly needed at our corporate offices in DC on day 5 of our 9 day stay. Rather than my wife taking me to the airport at 4am, I called DME and explained the situation. They said "no problem", and took care of everything. I took DME to the airport that morning and they brought me back to the resort that night.

You will need to call DME directly though to make arrangements. But it won't be a problem at all.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: