Quantcast Can we have a positive/negative venting thread? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Shari, I'm glad your grandfather isn't in pain. It must be hard on your grandmother. I'm sorry about your uncle, too. Was he their son? That would be rough. Prayers to your grandparents, and I know you'll feel better to see your grandmother soon.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks My uncle is my mom's brother. I feel blessed that the kids have gotten to know their great-grandparents.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a call while we were out from my mom that he passed

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. I'm very sorry, Shari. It's never easy to lose a loved one. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Amy, I certainly appreciate it. I'm lucky to have had them in my life for 43 years now. I can't imagine being at their house on the beach that I have grown up going to and him not there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    I just got a call while we were out from my mom that he passed
    Shari- I am so sorry! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Shari, I'm so sorry about your grandfather. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, and sending some your way.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, it helped to talk about it. They are having the service mid-April now ( he was cremated) as we can't get into the Military cemetery until then.

Post Thanks / Like

Shari---so sorry to hear about your loss. So hard to lose your grandfather. My FIL died in October from cancer and my kids were devastated by it.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    Shari---so sorry to hear about your loss. So hard to lose your grandfather. My FIL died in October from cancer and my kids were devastated by it.
    I am so sorry. It is really a horrible disease. I know your kids will treasure their memories of him.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching Rob Pattinson with Matt Lauer on the Today Show right now and thinking of Pink.
    Haha, how funny. I had the best time seeing him. We also went over to the premiere of Remember Me that same night and I got to meet Kristen Stewart (Bella) too. I got pictures and everything it was unreal.

I received a call last Tuesday that my cousin's daughter was a victim of a school shooting here in Littleton, CO. She was one of two middle school students who was shot by the gunman, but by the time I got to the hospital I found out that her wounds were relatively minor. Their mom was out of town, so I stayed the night with the three kids. They're all in their teens, but they needed support. I lived with them when I first moved to Colorado and I was their nanny for many years after school and summers.
    That is so scary. I hope everyone is ok. I used to live right near Littleton, that just shocked me to read that.

As for everyone else, I'm keeping you in my thoughts that every one of your loved ones is healed. I'm sorry for your loss Shari.

My venting of the week:

Negative- My stomach disorder is acting up again and it looks like a medical leave is in the near future.

Positive- We just celebrated my grandma's 80th birthday with henna tattoos, belly dancing and great food. She was so suprised and happy. It is also a great week because the weather is beautiful.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

i could really use this thread right now..

negative - this pass tuesday..i got into a fight with the inlaws...because..i dont want them driving around with my daughter (3 months) if it isnt nessacary...i dont see the need to have to take her anywhere at such a yound age...it doesnt go just for them..its anyone who watches her..everyone respected and accepts it..and its not gonna be forever..im a new mom..i dont really know everything..but i feel strongly about this..
    but they are fighting us..well more like just me on this..my husband does not agree with me..but he sees how strongly i feel about this and is supporting me 100%..
    his parents have now stopped watching her on mon and tues like they were while we were at work and helping us out...AND they are thinking of not coming to her christening now..all because i want this for my daughter..
    its a total bunch of BS..and they are turning this into mount everest..now they are nit picking everything..the rest of the family is sorta ganging up on me..i feel like im back in highschool..with the way they are acting..they wont really talk to me so we can get pass this..again i feel like im dealing with children than adults...
    and my only other negative is..isnt really a negative just makes me worry is..we are so tight on money and now even tighter since the inlaws have stopped watching her and she now goes to the babysitter all week..i dont know how we are going to make it every month..

positive..
    i have my daughter..my beautiful 3 month old daughter Cheyenne..i love her to pieces..she lights up my life everytime she smiles at me..i love being her mommy...i have my loving husband who is supposrting me even though its causing major tenison with his parents..
    i have my health..i have a job..and we are planning to go to disney in dec of 2011..so i have that to look forward to..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brittany, hang in there. It's a tough situation with your in-laws. I think you're the mom and they should respect your wishes. On the other hand, I see that it's a hard call because they're giving some childcare help and they want it their way.

When I look back on some of my new mom decisions, I can see that I was sometimes overprotective and a little rigid, but I had to have the freedom to find my own way and I think you deserve that, too. She's your baby. It's natural to want to protect her and have some say in where she goes and what happens when she's in someone else's care. When you need help with childcare, sometimes you have to pick your battles and figure out what you can back down on and what you can hold firm to make it all work. People should try to respect your wishes, and so glad your husband is standing with you. Best wishes with it.
    Last edited by SBETigg; 03-08-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: forgot to add
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Brittany, hang in there. It's a tough situation with your in-laws. I think you're the mom and they should respect your wishes. On the other hand, I see that it's a hard call because they're giving some childcare help and they want it their way.

When I look back on some of my new mom decisions, I can see that I was sometimes overprotective and a little rigid, but I had to have the freedom to find my own way and I think you deserve that, too. She's your baby. It's natural to want to protect her and have some say in where she goes and what happens when she's in someone else's care. When you need help with childcare, sometimes you have to pick your battles and figure out what you can back down on and what you can hold firm to make it all work. People should try to respect your wishes, and so glad your husband is standing with you. Best wishes with it.
    thank you so much for writing that...
    i wish they can understand it..but its like there way or the highway..its crazy...
    its the only thing you can say im being over protective with..otherwise im a pretty laid back kinda parent..its just this one simple thing..my parents understand and so does everyone else who we let watch her..they all got it..but i just dont know why its so hard with them..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is a great idea because I really do need to vent:

Negative:
    I just read on my local newspaper's website about a man in the local area who was found guilty for sexually abusing his 7 MONTH old daughter. He then left her to die, face down in the mud in the woods. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??? I couldn't even read the whole story because I felt like I was going to be sick. I can't believe how depraved some people are in today's world. I hope the jerk gets what he deserves.

Positive:
    It was a beautiful day today!! It finally feels like spring is here! DH and I took our two kids outside yesterday for a nice walk and our DD 3yrs rode her bicycle for the first time. It was so cute! I'm really looking forward to more nice weather and lots more time outside. :-)
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Brittany, I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time. People tend to get offended so easily and it is tough to deal with when it is your family who is giving you a hard time. I know that if I had a baby, I wouldn't want she/he in a car all the time if they didn't have to be, you never know what could happen. Babies are so fragile. I really hope they start to see you're P.O.V. soon.

Mjaclyn- We have been having beautiful weather too. It felt like summer today, in the near 70's. I hope it stays around forever. As for that news story, some people are so disturbing. That story reminded me of something I saw on my news the other day. A woman was caught on video throwing her bulldog against a wall and then trying to decapitate it with a shovel. The woman is now facing two felonies and the dog is hurt but alive, it just frustrates me so much how cruel people can be.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to post on this thread every day! Venting really helps...

Positive:
    My kids are so cute... DD 3yrs is constantly going around the house singing and dancing. She practically lives in her princess costumes - she's such a girly girl! I was cracking up the other day because she was singing 'Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA' with this big sunhat on. So cute!

Negative:
    I am SO disappointed because DD won't be able to be in her very first dance recital this year. After months of time and money spent at a local dance studio I was informed that no parents are allowed at ANY of the rehearsals or backstage at the dress rehearsal/recital. DD is only 3 and still potty training...there is no possible way I'm leaving her for 4 to 5 hours with strangers. I spoke with the instructor today about my concerns and she said that she won't make any exceptions, that in the past she's let parents backstage and that has caused some of the children to cry and not want to perform. I'm so upset because DD absolutely LOVES her dance class and was really looking forward to the recital. Also, now that it's March there isn't enough time left to put her into a new dance school for a recital in June. I've also already paid $120 for her costume and I feel cheated. If I had known ahead of time that these were the rules I NEVER would have enrolled her in this dance school. I'm so mad about it and really sad at the same time. She's only 3 once and would have been so incredibly sweet in her first recital. Now I'm going to have to wait a whole entire year and find a different dance school to put her in. What a waste!!!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    The title is Jane Slayre. It's a retelling of Jane Eyre with Jane as a vampire slayer. Charlotte Bronte is credited as my co-author. You can access my website through my profile if you want to know more. Please consider using the link to Amazon in the INTERCOT sidebar if you want to preorder it (that way, this site benefits, too).

...oh my gosh. I think you just became my hero.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyOtaku View Post
    ...oh my gosh. I think you just became my hero.
    Very flattering! Thank you.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I am SO disappointed because DD won't be able to be in her very first dance recital this year. After months of time and money spent at a local dance studio I was informed that no parents are allowed at ANY of the rehearsals or backstage at the dress rehearsal/recital. DD is only 3 and still potty training...there is no possible way I'm leaving her for 4 to 5 hours with strangers. I spoke with the instructor today about my concerns and she said that she won't make any exceptions, that in the past she's let parents backstage and that has caused some of the children to cry and not want to perform. I'm so upset because DD absolutely LOVES her dance class and was really looking forward to the recital. Also, now that it's March there isn't enough time left to put her into a new dance school for a recital in June. I've also already paid $120 for her costume and I feel cheated. If I had known ahead of time that these were the rules I NEVER would have enrolled her in this dance school. I'm so mad about it and really sad at the same time. She's only 3 once and would have been so incredibly sweet in her first recital. Now I'm going to have to wait a whole entire year and find a different dance school to put her in. What a waste!!!
    I once went to a dance school when I was about 6 years old and I remember them saying that no parents were allowed backstage at any of the recitals despite me having 5 costumes changes with tights, hair changes, etc and no one there to help me. I remember my mom just sneaking back every once and awhile and giving me snacks or helping me change. They can't stop you from seeing your child, they just sound like they're being rediculous and since you have already payed for the costume I think you should just try it. Is it possible for her to go just for her dance and then leave and you two could watch the rest of the show together in the audience? I really hope you find a way to make it work and boy those costumes are getting more and more expensive.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: