Quantcast anyone stayed at Royal Plaza

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question anyone stayed at Royal Plaza

Since we live in Florida, we do a lot of day trips with a few stays in a value a few times a year thrown in for fun when friends/family come visit.

This year's plan was that we were going to stay 4 nights at the Dolphin with my parents next month BUT my mom got all confused somehow and booked 4 nights at the Royal Plaza.

Anyone stayed there? any info would be really helpful.
    2001-first visit/honeymoon
    2003-off site visit
    2005-moved to florida to be closer to Mickey
    .....68 days in the park......
    next visit 10/1/10

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been many years, but from what I remember it is a fancy beautiful hotel. Wonderful 24 hour pool/spa/snack bar. I was in college so this is what I remember!!
    You'll like it!
    I know you
    I walked with you once upon a dream.
    We've Stayed at GF, AKL, BW, BC, CR, FW Cabins, CS, CBR, AS Music, POP, POFQ, OKW,SSR
    Last Trip: SSR April 2015
    Next Trip: Yacht Club Oct 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed there a few years ago and it was nice. I really enjoy staying at DT Disney when we do. Should be great with the refurb. Just know that they do tack on "resort fees" and your bill could be a lot more than what the base is quoting.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there a few years back- it was fine- nothing exceedingly good or bad to report.
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Post Thanks / Like

We got back a few days ago and this is my review.

The hotel was nice. We stayed in on the first floor in a pool deluxe room. The room itself was ok. The highlight was the patio and direct pool access. Unfortunately for us it was raining the first two nights so we didn't get to really enjoy this feature.

The problems that we encountered were: There was no dining table or coffee table in the room for the kids to snack at. I'm assuming they planned on us using the patio table but again it was raining the first 2 days.

We packed a few pack of breakfast pastries and muffins because we knew from reviews that the Giraffe Cafe was pricey. They were having a promotion that kids could eat free but I would rather save the $$ each day and have a character meal or Rainforest instead. (which we did).

My parents had a room in the tower. The bathroom was very nice in their room. It had a nice large corner tub that from what i hear was great after a day in the park.They also had a dining table in their room.

The bus wasn't a problem for us but I think if it was during the summer they could have been a problem. We were able to ride comfortable each day. One night we did walk to and from Downtown one day. It wasn't bad at all. Don't know if I would want to do it in August after a long day in the park but it is doable.

The lobby had a nice comfy area to hang out. The tv's in the room were not the best but who's there to watch tv really. There is a Disney store in the lobby which was nice because my parents were able to buy their park tickets there instead of standing in line at the parks. The pool was large and heated.

Overall it was a great stay. We booked during a stay 2 get 1 free promotion so the whole stay for us including resort fees and taxes was only $219.00.
    2001-first visit/honeymoon
    2003-off site visit
    2005-moved to florida to be closer to Mickey
    .....68 days in the park......
    next visit 10/1/10

Post Thanks / Like

We also stayed here about 1 1/2 years ago. We had a premium tower room on the top floor. Hotel and room was very nice. The premium tower rooms (I believe floors 12-17) have their own private glass elvator, that only stops on floors 12-17. Very nice! We also liked that it was with in walking distance to downtown Disney. We walked their quite a bit and had no problems. Like the above poster stated, their is a Disney store in the lobby...but this is it for the Disney feel! That was what we missed the most about staying in a hotel not Disney. We were missing the "Disney Feel" by day 2. The bus transportation isn't horrible...but not great either. The bus caters to the other DTD reosrts, so you stop at about 3 other resort before going to your destination. But keep in mind that 2 parks shared one bus. Meaning, Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom was on the same bus to and from the parks. And also Epcot and HS shared a bus as well. We didn't try the dining there, so can't give you info on that.....but since you are that close to DTD...you prolly wouldn't really need resort dining anyway. So long story short....we liked the hotel and the room, but disliked the lack of Disney feel and bus transportation. Hope this helps! Have Fun!
    11/97~Off
    12/01~ASMo
    1/04~Pop
    2/05~Pop
    9/05~POR
    2/06~ASMu
    9/06~POR
    1/07~Pop
    9/07~CS
    9/08~RP
    5/09~WBC
    12/09~POR