Quantcast i think we might have to cancel our trip :(

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default i think we might have to cancel our trip :(

i'm so depressed i could vomit.

DH and i are all set to go to WDW on january 24th with our son who will be 7 months at the time. i've been planning since pretty much before he was born. i have every list imaginable and i'm so ready to go. sure, i'm anxious about traveling and everything but once we're there i'll be so happy to be in DISNEY!!!

for the last two weeks though, DS has been waking up in the middle of the night SCREAMING! two nights ago he was up from 1:30am - 4:30am and we couldn't get him back to sleep at all. last night was better with him only up for an hour or so. still, he's really been upset. i don't know if it's teething or the fact that we've introduced solids and he's extra gassy or what...but i don't think we can have him screaming in a hotel room all night. imagine being next to a screaming baby??!! i just couldn't do that to my fellow disney travelers.

my only hope is that he'll get over this phase, if it is one, by the time we go. or maybe since it's january and not as busy we can request that nobody be on either side of us (doubtful they can accommodate that).

he's totally fine during the day and absolutely LOVES going out for walks in the stroller, going to the zoo, and today even we're heading out to the aquarium so i really think that he'll love all the things to look at in disney. but, ugh, i don't know.
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Please take him to the pediatrician and have his ears checked. If it is not his ears the pediatrcian may have a clue. Tell him about your upcoming Disney trip. If he prescribes antibiotics ask your pediatrician if he can eat yogurt , if he can this will decrease the side effects of the antibiotic.

Good luck!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Please take him to the pediatrician and have his ears checked. If it is not his ears the pediatrcian may have a clue. Tell him about your upcoming Disney trip. If he prescribes antibiotics ask your pediatrician if he can eat yogurt , if he can this will decrease the side effects of the antibiotic.

Good luck!
    thank you! i actually just called his doctor and she said it sounds like teething but to bring him in if it continues to check the ears. she said since he doesn't have a cold or a fever that it is probably just teething.

regardless, i'm going to bring him in on monday to have his ears checked.
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to fret, you and the baby would enjoy the trip so much more when he older. The main thing is take care of the precious bundle of joy now. The trip will still be there when he is feeling better. You will feel better, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I found that Motrin was the best pain reliever for my DD's (15 months) teething. It also has an antiflamtory to help your lil guy.
    I'm sending some for your :
    Good luck!
    Jennifer
    Princess Mallorie's Mommy

Many times as a little girl
    2001- off-site
    2006- Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    2007- Pop Century (came back with the best souvenir !!!!!!)
    2008- Put on hold for new baby, born 10/02/08!
    2010-Coronado Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Where were you planning to stay ?

Have you considered staying in a cabin at Fort Wilderness ? This would give you more privacy and avoid being too concerned about the noise.
    -------------
    Numerous day trips to DLRP
    2007 DW - POP, AK, POFQ
    2007 DLRP - Halloween at DLRP, Newport Bay Club Hotel
    2008 : Universal And POR WDW
    2009 : Disneyland Anaheim Off Site
    2010 : Florida, Wilderness Lodge and DCL : 04/22 - 05/06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fielin View Post
    Where were you planning to stay ?

Have you considered staying in a cabin at Fort Wilderness ? This would give you more privacy and avoid being too concerned about the noise.
    i was thinking about that. we're staying at POFQ and the upgrade to a cabin would unfortunately be way too much.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I recommend for crying babies is a full body massage. Get some baby lotion and give them a good massage all over for a few minutes. My babies loved this. It's very relaxing for them. Also, try whispering to them when they're crying. A lot of times they'll stop crying so they can hear what you're saying. These tricks are just for fussiness, of course, not for any serious problem your child may have.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdhiggin View Post
    One thing I recommend for crying babies is a full body massage. Get some baby lotion and give them a good massage all over for a few minutes. My babies loved this. It's very relaxing for them. Also, try whispering to them when they're crying. A lot of times they'll stop crying so they can hear what you're saying. These tricks are just for fussiness, of course, not for any serious problem your child may have.
    excellent advice! i never thought about the whispering!

Post Thanks / Like

We took our son to Disney when he was 10 months and 14 months. Both times, he was up pretty much all night for the first day. He would go to sleep around 8-9 and then a couple hours later, wake up screaming. We'd try to get him to calm down, but no luck for 3-5 hours each time. I basically took him down to the lobby (Wilderness Lodge) and grounds (Boardwalk) in the stroller and he calmed down. However, no luck getting him to sleep for hours.

Babies are constantly changing and going through phases, don't over-react and think about canceling now, you'll probably be fine to go.

Will you be taking future trips? I thought that a trip with our little baby would be fun, and while we had a good time, the best times have been at age 3,4,5 and coming up in two weeks. My son & daughter are now 6&4 and they are talking all about Disney, what they want to do, etc. The trips change every time as they grow.

Have fun!
    Feb 1990 - FW
    Oct 2000 - YC
    Sept 2001 - MK
    May 2002 - DL
    Sept 2004 - BW
    Dec 2004 - WL
    Feb 2005 - POFQ
    Oct 2007 - FW CABIN
    Dec 2008 - ASMov
    Oct 2009 - DVC Member!
    Jan 2010 - SSR
    Aug 2011 - BLT, Universal, BCV
    April 2012 - WL Villas
    Feb 2013 - Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't NOT go to Disney because your baby is crying overnight. You're not the first person to go to POFQ with a crying baby!
    My kids both went when they were infants: my son was 8 months and my daughter was 4 months. They weren't (and still aren't) very good sleepers, but one thing always happened to us at WDW. They got so exhausted during the day with stuff going on that they slept like ROCKS every night in the hotel. Or, maybe it was just the Disney Magic.

So don't worry. You can always take your baby out of the room on a little walk to calm them down in the night if need be.

And I DEFINITELY agree that Motrin/Advil is wonderful for teething babies. The anti-inflammatories in there cures that teething misery quick.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the previous poster that the excitement and stimulation will probably knock the baby out at night. Plus theres the Disney magic. Disney is where my son finally slept in his own bed all night without coming into our bed. After a week at Disney and sleeping by himself (mostly due to exhaustion) we came home and he has slept in his bed ever since.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure that you feed the baby during takeoff and landing while flying. The baby's ears need to pop to let the pressure out and the sucking while feeding makes this happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ID for flying infant?

do i need to bring the original birth certificate? or will a copy suffice?

Post Thanks / Like

Did the airline tell you that you need ID for the baby? I know Continental (2 years ago) told me I didn't need anything for an infant, and when we got to the airport, we didn't need anything for her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green ranger View Post
    Did the airline tell you that you need ID for the baby? I know Continental (2 years ago) told me I didn't need anything for an infant, and when we got to the airport, we didn't need anything for her.
    You don't need ID for a baby for TSA, but you might for the airline if you haven't bought a seat for the baby (sometimes they check to make sure the baby still qualifies to not have his/her own seat).
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: