Quantcast Our Very Merry Christmas Adventure Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Very Merry Christmas Adventure Day 6

After a quick breakfast in the room, it was off to Animal Kingdom. We knew that the crowds would probably be increasing at all the parks today since it's just 2 days until Christmas. So, DH & I came up w/ a game plan. After talking to DDs about what they really HAD to do and what they wanted to do, we split up. DH headed over to the Safari for FPs, while DDs and I headed over towards Finding Nemo.

On my way over to DinoLand, I noticed a new FP distribution area. I stopped to take a closer look because it wasn't really near any ride. Well, I stopped in confused disbelief... you can now FP Lion King and Nemo shows! There are 2 sets of FP kiosks for each show, one for morning shows and the other set for afternoon shows. Well, doesn't that throw a kink in your FP plans for the day?! I asked a CM when they started doing this and I was told they were trialing it and had only been doing it a couple of days. Just my luck! So, after talking to him about the chances of getting into the shows without a FP, he said it shouldn't be a problem, but that all the shows had been at capacity for the past 2 days! Oh Good!

So, we head on over to NEMO to get in line, but DH was already there, so the girls and I stopped to Ride Triceratop Spin. DD3 was very excited to ride this, until... we got on the ride. She almost climbed out of the seat before we started. I calmed her down a little and then the ride started... within seconds she was giggling and yelling "I love this Mommy!" Go figure! After walking on a second time, we saw that Pluto had come out for a Meet, so it was off to see Pluto. There was only one person in front of them, and no one behind us, so they got some really good interaction with him! Even DD3 was happy and not shy around him this time. The other day was a different story... LOL

Well, it was off to meet up w/ DH for the Nemo show. We were really excited to see this since we didn't get to see it last time. It definitely didn't disappoint! DDs didn't move at all throughout the entire show! They, and DH & I, were mesmorized! So innovative! The music was great and they kept it really close to the original movie! DDs wanted to see it again, but now it's time for Everest!

DD5 had been bugging us for the entire week about riding EE. DH wasn't so sure she should do it... we didn't want to scare her, so she wouldn't want to ride anything else the rest of the trip. But, DH surprised her with FPs for EE!! He happened to be walking past on his way to Nemo and stopped to see when he could get his next FP and the CM gave him 3 FPs. So, DD5 was getting her wish! She wanted to go on it first with me. So, off we went! She is a little bit of a daredevil, so I was nervous that she wouldn't hold on, etc. But it was great! DD LOVED it!!!!!! She laughed and giggled the entire time. I think I screamed louder than her! LOL I know I held on tighter than her! When we got back to the platform her exact words: "That was awesome Mommy! I want to ride it another 100 times!" Well, we went to find DH and DD3 and gave him the baby switch pass and off DD went again. This time she had her hands in the air the entire ride! I guess you can figure out what her favorite ride was this trip!

After EE, we headed over to KS. On our way, we ran in to Terk! So, the girls got some pictures and autographs. The crowds were really picking up at this point! It was elbow-to-elbow for a little bit through Africa. But, we made it to KS. We always have a great time on this ride. And this time was no different! We got to see alot of animals and we save Little Red! Not too bad for a day's work!

The girls wanted to head over to Camp Minnie-Mickey to see what characters were there. We got there just as they were closing Daisy's line. If you've been reading along, you will know how disappointed DDs were AGAIN! I was hoping that it was only going to be for a quick break, but no such luck! Daisy was going Christmas shopping! Donald was on his way out! So, we hopped in line to see "Santa" Goofy! DDs loved him! We got the cutest pictures of them sitting on his lap! While we saw Goofy, DH was in line to see Minnie. So, as soon as we finished w/ him, we hopped over to see Minnie! The girls were so excited to see her in her winter outfit! We got a really great family picture with her too!

Well, we wanted to give the girls a little break this afternoon, so we headed back to the front of the park. Stopped for our picture in front of the Tree of Life, did a little pin trading! DH has gotten the girls hooked! And headed over to DTD.

Walked around, did a little shopping and some more pin trading! DDs are really getting the hang of this! DD3 got a really good nap in the stroller, but at least it was a nap! I got to catch up with a friend of mine who lives in the area. We're going to visit his family tomorrow!

Now it's time to head over to the Poly for dinner at 'Ohana! We love this place! The girls love the food and the Coconut races! This time, DD5 got to dance w/ her Daddy! DH was a little embarassed, but DD5 loved it! I told him he was just practicing for the Father/Daughter dance coming up at her school this winter! DH just groaned!! But I know deep down he was really excited to dance with her!

After dinner, we felt rejuvenated! So, we headed back to MK. We were going to see what we could do before SpectroMagic and then Holiday Wishes. Well, it was only about 7pm and people were already staking their seats for the 9pm parade. So, DH took the girls and I sat for the parade. Oh well! They did some pin-trading and got some ice cream. So all was well! DDs love this parade! So do I for that matter! After the parade we tried to move further down Main Street for the fireworks. Unfortunately, it was wall-to-wall people at this point. Which made it really difficult w/ a 5-yr-old (who walked all week, no stroller for her) and a stroller w/ a very sleepy 3-yr-old! But we got to the corner by Casey's and stopped.

DDs were really getting tired at this point, but we didn't want to no stay for the Wishes. We hadn't seen them all week and our last park day was Christmas Day. While we were planning to go to MK that day, we weren't sure if we would make it to see Wishes that night. So, we decided to tough it out tonight. DD5 sat down on her blanket and promptly fell asleep sitting up! We were able to wake her for the fireworks though! They were amazing!! I love Wishes! And the Holiday version is simply beautiful!!

After the fireworks were over, we headed out to the Monorail. DD5 was with me and DH had the stroller. It was really crowded, but they really had it managed very well. It wasn't very long until we were loaded onto the monorail and head back to the parking area. DD5 kept asking where all these people had come from. DDs have never been to WDW during a peak season! LOL I told her they wanted to see the parks all decorated for Christmas like we did!

So, it was another great day! Up next: Epcot, visiting friends and Christmas Eve!!
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great day! It's wonderful that your daughter tried and liked EE! It's my favorite too.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful day - from all the excitement at riding Everest to the sleepy edition of Wishes!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I have really been enjoying your reports! We are from Baltimore and were home in over 2 feet of snow! You were definitely having a better time then us!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! It was funny because we were talking to a CM while waiting to meet Scrooge McDuck and she was talking about it being so cold! LOL She asked if we were expecting it to be this cold down here. I replied, it may be cooler than normal, but it's still warmer than home and there's no snow! LOL

She guessed where we were from at that point and agreed! A little cool weather (60s) is so much better than 2ft of snow!
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Another great report. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish they'd had the NEMO fast pass last December, we never got to see it because of 2 1/2 hour waits......Thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I guess your DD really is a daredevil, huh? That's great that she was so gung-ho for E:E. Great character interaction at the park today, too. Finding Nemo is something we haven't had the patience to wait for in the summertime - I'm hoping those FPs will be there next July!

We were just planning our ADRs today, and no trip would be complete for us without a visit to Ohana. Nice to hear your time there was enjoyable - with a bonus of Wishes afterwards. Thanks for posting another fun-filled day!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: