Quantcast WDW Christmas Parade - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genie1953 View Post
    Was really bad yesterday....we live in the county and were able to get into town but getting home was awful.....the snow was blowing and drifting...6-7 feet high in some places. We barely got down our road to get home last night. This morning the road graders were trying to get down the road to clear it but a pickup was stuck and abandoned right in the middle of the road. The owners finally came back and the grader helped them get the truck unstuck. It then went on to plow the rest of our road leaving an 8 foot high wall of snow at the end of the driveway. We have no idea how much snow we have gotten but suspect at least 12-15 inches or maybe even more. How about you all? I think you all got even more than us didn't you?
    You live in the country and had a plow come through? We're still waiting on the plows to hit our road which is in the city, from the snow that came a week before Christmas.

I can't wait to get down to WDW and get out of this weather! That is if we can make it to the airport...
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunderFan View Post
    You live in the country and had a plow come through? We're still waiting on the plows to hit our road which is in the city, from the snow that came a week before Christmas.

I can't wait to get down to WDW and get out of this weather! That is if we can make it to the airport...
    Yep...we have had graders come down the road at least 3 times since this all started but it drifts so bad that it is hard to tell that they have been through...our daughter lives in Bonner Springs and our parents live in Leavenworth and their streets have not been touched at all....strange isn't it?
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by #1donaldfan View Post
    While watching I couldn't help but want to be there.....we did Chirstmas / NYE there last year and I had sorta "sworn it off", but now I'm re-thinking that....it wasn't much more busy than what we saw this past June.....cool, hot, cool, hot.....I'm starting to think the cooler weather is much better !!! ...

...sorry, not really on topic....
    Thats why we need to go again in December...
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the parade I got myself to thinking..I know that Disney likes to cross merchendise..cause we all know that Disneyland was built thanks to the show. But the oversaturation of cross promotion or advertising is just..wow.

I looked at my DW halfway through and sarcasticly said.." What are they going to do if you volunteer?"..It was like every 15 minutes..then they showed the commericial during the breaks with the Muppetts.

Did anyone else find this mostly to be a 2 hour commercial?

And yes Regis needs to come back cause Ripa cannot do it on her own.

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by #1donaldfan View Post
    While watching I couldn't help but want to be there.....we did Chirstmas / NYE there last year and I had sorta "sworn it off", but now I'm re-thinking that....it wasn't much more busy than what we saw this past June.....cool, hot, cool, hot.....I'm starting to think the cooler weather is much better !!! ...

...sorry, not really on topic....
    Just remember the parade is not "live" on Christmas day. It's taped the first weekend of December, so the crowds you see during the parade aren't indicative of crowds during Christmas week, which are the busiest of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
    Thanks for the additional info! I knew that they did not tape things in sequence but it was interesting to hear that they had to compress taping this year due to weather.
    We were actually there the first weekend when it was canceled. It rained nonstop. There was no way to get the taping in.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the Grand Floridian Sunday morning. Kelly and her husband and the kids were leaving with their luggage. I heard some CM's talking about Celine Dion being there but I didn't see her (She may have snuck out). The weather on Sunday was gorgeous! I've been recording the parade every year since 2003 and I agree, Kelly's voice was more annoying than usual. She sounded way less than thrilled to be there, which makes me mad because I know how much she makes a year just to sit around and talk.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: