Quantcast If maybe you could spare some pixie dust... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So far, so good! Still keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

yay! hope the next call with results is just as good!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you heard from the MRI yet?
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayers for you. Hope that your MRI results are favorable.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

So it's been a little over a week and I haven't heard from anyone yet. It's getting slightly annoying, so I called the doctor's office this morning and guess what- she's still on vacation from Thanksgiving last week! They said "she'll call me when she gets back next week." I'm very annoyed. I mean, I know doctors deserve a vacation as well, but still... There's a bunch of doctors in that office, I wish they'd just have someone else look at it and tell me whether or not they expect me to keel over anytime soon.. > Sorry, now I'm grouchy lol
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

From bad to worse.. the doctor's office just called me back. The doctor wants to refer me to a neurosurgen. Won't tell me why, she just left a message for her staff to call and set up an appointment for me with this surgen, and to tell me "she'll call on Monday to explain" That was just mean. If I thought I was scared before, it's nothing to the new thought of brain surgery. I'm terrified, to be entirely honest.
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand the waiting is hard. Hang in there!
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

That is mean! I cannot believe a doctor would do that to someone. I am so sorry. Lifting a prayer for comfort and that you get some answers SOON! Can you call back and demand to talk to someone?
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I know it is hard but try not to worry. I know the waiting is horrible. I was really sick a couple of years ago. My dr ran tons of test and blood work which showed I had a problem with my throid. He scheduled a catscan. On my next appt he then told me the scan showed something and that I had to see an endocrinologist immeditely and he suspected it could be cancer because of the blood work and scan. The endocrinologist did an ultrasound and it turns out that I just have a misshaped thyroid and the numbers were elevated due to medication that I was on. It was the worse couple of weeks of my life just waiting to get answers. I will be keeping you in my prayers.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Sending you pixie dust. The doctor on vacation might be hedging on the side of caution and the neurosurgeon is just a safety measure to rule out anything. IT is not in your PC doctors expertise so he wants to make sure you get the best advice and treatment if that is what is needed.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by handmaidenofprincesses View Post
    From bad to worse.. the doctor's office just called me back. The doctor wants to refer me to a neurosurgen. Won't tell me why, she just left a message for her staff to call and set up an appointment for me with this surgen, and to tell me "she'll call on Monday to explain" That was just mean. If I thought I was scared before, it's nothing to the new thought of brain surgery. I'm terrified, to be entirely honest.
    I'm really sorry to hear about your problem. I know that it is really scary to deal with the unknown. My dad was recently diagnosed with something terminal after a long period of waiting for test results, MRI/CT scans, etc. That was really horrible for your doctor to leave you hanging without any explanation. She should have let you know as soon as she heard anything.

I'm a resident physician training in neurology at the moment and just thought I'd try to shed some positive light on your particular situation.

1. The fact that you're being referred to a neurosurgeon could mean that your doctor thinks that there's something that can be done about whatever the finding is.

2. If it is something bad, it's possible that it was caught early --- for many entities, by the time symptoms develop, diseases are pretty advanced. That concussion you had could be a blessing in disguise.

3. I'm not sure what kind of doctor you've been seeing, but perhaps the finding is beyond her level of expertise and she is referring you to the neurosurgeon for a second opinion of sorts. A family practictioner or a general internist probably does not have much experience with something as obscure as a pineal lesion.

Anyway, I'm not trying to downplay the situation --- I know that I would be really scared, too, if I were in your shoes. I will definitely be praying for you. Keep us updated!
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, thanks to everyone for all of your prayers and comments.

I just got ahold of my doctor today (finally) and she told me that I have a 9 mm pineal cyst. It doesn't appear to be pressing on anything important and unless it grows, it shouldn't be an issue. (Thank God!) However, she did say that once a cyst reaches 10 mm they usually consider taking them out, which is why I have to go to the neurosurgen. It's esentially and if-this-grows-what-are-my-options sort of thing. Nothing like giving me a heart attack over nothing! So anyway, I have an appointment with the neurosurgen on December 22, at which point he'll look at the films and make his reccommendation. Till then, it's just more waiting really, though not so scary.

Thanks again for all of your help and support. I would've gone crazy without all of you!! Much love, Robin
    <3 Robin

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

That's wonderful! I'm sure it's a big relief...Merry Christmas early!
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to hear things are looking optimistic!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear it's not anything too serious.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! Sounds like good news!
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I saw my neurologist again today and it seems there was a bit of a misunderstanding. My doctor was assuming that this cyst was something I had been born with and that they had just discovered it. That's not the case. I had an MRI and EEG done a couple of years ago because I get migraines, and there was no cyst (My PCP was supposed to have sent over those films.. I asked 4 times.. but apparently they never did.) The fact that it wasn't there a few years ago changes everything apparently. For a cyst to grow 9 mm in two or three years means it's very aggressive and will probably keep getting bigger and causing problems.

So my doctor says that even if the neurosurgen decides not to take it out, I'll have to go in for an MRI at least every three months to keep tabs on it. The most upsetting part of all: she says to prpare myself for the possibility that I won't be able to go to FL for the Disney College Program in January. I'm supposed to start 1/25. Now, it's not so certain.

My dad's only comment was "Well you're rather calm." But I guess I don't know how to react. This stinks!
    <3 Robin

Post Thanks / Like

If you do miss out on the college program, that really stinks. I know the uncertainty is difficult. You're clearly a strong person. You will work through this!
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that they found anything but at least it's treatable. Maybe it won't grow anymore, we can hope for that. Loads of and prayers on the way.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, Merry Christmas!

Second of all... :fanfare: I still get to go to the college program! Woohoo! The neurosurgen says he wants to keep an eye on things but he doesn't think it'll grow fast enough to be a problem till after I come back in June. Yay!
    <3 Robin

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: