Quantcast Spirit of Aloha Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spirit of Aloha Question

For anyone who has been to this dinner show in December - is the show outside? Do they have space heaters? Can you wear a strapless dress and still be warm enough?
    We have reservations for 9 but 3 have backed out. Will they split us up between two tables? Would it be better to change the reservation to 6 or keep the 9 (I don't mind paying if it means we get a better table). I don't want to do anything to risk messing this up as it is my DD's 21st BD dinner.
    Thank you in advance!!!!
    2010 - WDW/Cont, DLR/DLH, DLR/GC, DLR/PP, DCL 7 Day
    2009 - DLR/DLH, GCH, and PP; WDW/WL, AKL, Cont
    2008 - DLR/DLH, and GCH; WDW/GF, AKL and PO
    2007- DLR/GCH and DLH;11 Night Med; WDW/POR
    2006 - DCL 7 Day, 10 Day; DLR/GCH; WDW/Cont
    2005 - DLR/GCH; WDW/Cont
    and many times before!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would certainly cancel the 3 that won't be there. I feel the show isn't worth the price as is, never mind paying for people who won't be there.

December weather is unpredictable in WDW. You may end up needing winter coats and mittens it may be shorts and t-shirt weather.

Post Thanks / Like

We went for the first time over Thanksgiving week and were underwhelmed by the food mainly, although I love that pineapple bread that they also serve in O'hana. The show was pretty good, though. The food left much to be desired, service was dismal, and the whole thing made me think we should have gone to a luau in Hawaii when we were there. We won't be doing this ever again! O'hana is so much better and cheaper!
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been to the Luau but I highly doubt they would have space heaters.

As for December weather....
    We were at WDW last December and were able to swim one day and the next day a cold front came through and temps were in the high 30's-low 40's at night. We went to the Candlelight Processional that night and were FREEZING even with multiple layers. I even had to buy a blanket to help keep us warm during the show.

You just never know with Florida weather. Lately it looks like it has been fairly warm but I would suggest bringing warm clothing as well as a winter coat just in case the temps drop.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

If you're used to a Colorado winters, the cold at WDW won't be bad for you. You may want to bring a shawl or light sweater just in case. I see from a PP that they didn't like it too much. My wife and I really liked it. The food was adequate - nothing spectacular but good. The service was fine as I recall. The show was good and very Disney. So don't worry about the experience.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it can get chilly after dark - definitely recommend a wrap over the strapless dress. I'm from Alberta, and *I* found some Orlando evenings chilly.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the Spirit of Aloha on December 5th. It was chilly and there were no space heaters.

If you're worried about the weather, I would consider picking a different meal. The show was really expensive and I didn't feel it was worth the money. Granted, beer and wine are included, the food isn't that great and the show is cheesy. Only the last 5 minutes or so is entertaining. Just my opinion.

If you go - I hope the weather is great!
    Beth

My other home is Bay Lake Tower

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: