Quantcast Tell me about CSR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me about CSR

We're planning to stay at CSR in two weeks. My husband is excited about the fitness center and I have two children DS 12 and DD 8. Any hints or things we should do?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have really enjoyed Coronado Springs - it has more of the amenities that you typically see in deluxe resorts. Are you looking for activities at the resort or for Disney in general?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the Disney Dining Plan, the Pepper Market is a great counter service meal. You can get rib eye steaks for the cost of a counter service credit.

I really loved the Rancho area. The architecture is good and the landscaping is incredible. Plus it's close to two bus stops, depending on which side of the Ranchos you're on.

Also, I loved the proximity to AK, DHS, and Epcot. My favorite resort to date.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Just stayed CSR last month for the first time. It is in fact a beautiful resort...just not my favorite. Nothing was wrong with it...it is just not my Disney home.

The grounds are beautiful, beds are large and comfortable, pool is very nice. Theme is very well done.

We stayed in the Ranchos 6B section...while I would never stay CSR again, if I had to I would not be staying Ranchos, just too far from life.

You will love it if you enjoy a very quiet resort like atmosphere.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

We are here now, we checked in on the 28th and leave on the 5th. We are very pleased with the resort. We have a 6 year old and 5 year old with us, and they love it. The pool and game room are a lot of fun as well as the playground and hot tub. I don't think the walks from any of the locations are that bad. We are in the Cabana's section and have a quiet pool right outside our door. The Pepper Market is good, but it is the only thing we are not "impressed" with. It is adequate, the breakfast selection is the best, lunch and dinner are okay. I was expecting a broader menu. The bus stops are spread out and in good locations, and easy to get to. It is a beautiful hotel and the service has been impressive. We have really enjoyed it.
    Carol Ann
    Mom Mom to 2 little China dolls
    Lucy Rae & Mia Lee

CSR - Nov 29th to Dec 5th

POP - Sept 19th to 26th, 2008

OKW - Aug 26th - Sept. 1st, 2007
    P&P Party August 31st, 2007

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed there for a last minute trip. I was extremely dissappointed in peppers market. We only did breakfast, so if breakfast is the better option ( per the pp) I can't imagine how lunch and dinner are.
    The resort itself IS beautiful, huge and quiet.Like someone else said busstops are not a long distance to get to.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

The CSR is our "home away from home." We've stayed eight times and we can't go without staying there (next trip we want to try AKL, but we will do it with a split stay with the CSR). When our boys traveled with us (they are now in college), it was their favorite resort (and we've stayed at the CR, Poly and All Star Sports with the kids. We love everything about it -- the new queen beds, the new decor, the theme, the landscaping, the way the resort is set up; we like the "outdoor" walkways rather than interior walkways -- I'm in Florida and want to enjoy walking outside. We've always enjoyed the Pepper Market, but it has a love/hate relationship with people. The food at Cafe Rix is not bad and there are some really good items at Siesta's by the pool.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

buzz2001 Guest

Your kids will love the pool and slide if it is warm enough to take advantage of it. I like the choices at Siestas better than Cafe Rix. We like eating by the pool. The nachos are very good.

The PM can be a hassle with with kids if it is your first time. Most likely you will all pick something from different stations and not be done at the same time. When my daughter was little, I would let her and my wife go first and I would wait until they came back to go and get mine. You'll figure it out after your first time through.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the helpful info. We've been to WDW as a family 5 times (I've been more than that...) so we're familiar with park stuff just not CSR. Never stayed here but my husband always wanted to. Thanks for the info. A quiet resort is fine. Hopefully it'll be warm enough to at least try out the pool once...my DS LOVES water...Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

I've found this thread very helpful. We will be staying at CSR in 4 weeks for the first time. DH and I stayed at The Beach Club for a "solo" trip in September...we took a bus over to CSR to check it out (Jan trip with kids was already booked). We didn't have much time to hang around, but what we did get to see, we liked. It did seem huge, but we've stayed at CBR and that resort is very spread out, also. I don't mind the size and I really enjoy walking...so...no problem, there. I can't wait!
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI -

The Big pool and associated amenities will be closed from Jan 11 -Jan 31. The Dig site pool, playground, hot tub, Siestas Bar are all closed for renovations.

Post Thanks / Like

How is the bus system there?
    How long will the pool area's be closed? Will it affect a May trip?
    Jennifer
    Princess Mallorie's Mommy

Many times as a little girl
    2001- off-site
    2006- Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    2007- Pop Century (came back with the best souvenir !!!!!!)
    2008- Put on hold for new baby, born 10/02/08!
    2010-Coronado Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Jennifer, the pools are due to reopen in February, so you should be fine.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: