Quantcast Magical Way to Surprise Kids for WDW Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magical Way to Surprise Kids for WDW Trip

I have no gift of words and I would love to create a magical sounding poem or letter to use to surprise my children DD6 and DS3 for a trip to WDW.

We have decided to pull our kids out of their schools for the second week of December (hopefully before the holiday crowds) and celebrate Christmas Disney-style. We haven't told them and are thinking about placing a present under the Christmas tree for them to each open that has a parchment paper scroll that lets them know that the next morning they will be off to WDW.

Anyone ever done this or have some ideas for words for the letter/poem. I want it to have that magical, fairyland, sound to it. I would be glad to have other ideas on how to surprise them.

Thanks a bunch.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a couple of recent posts that might give you some ideas.

Surprise Trip Thread 1

Surprise Trip Thread 2
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing the exact same thing! It's very hard keeping the secret, huh?

I made DD a shirt that says
    "It's my birthday and there's no place in the WORLD that I'd rather be!" (Maybe you could do this with "Christmastime" instead of "birthday")

Here is the "letter" I have created to wrap for her to give her the message... I will be placing it in an envelope and wrapping it as a birthday gift.

A jet is waiting for us,
    at the airport very near,
    to take us to a special place,
    filled with holiday cheer.

You'll soon see Cinderlla Castle,
    glowing brightly in the night,
    You'll soon be waving at characters,
    and seeing Osborne Christmas lights!

Tinkerbell is fluttering,
    and Mickey's waiting, too,
    Your bags are packed and ready,
    there's nothing left to do!

Where in the world are we going?
    You must already know,
    We're flying to Walt Disney World,
    Are you ready to go?

Poly Dec 2010
    CR Dec. 2009
    POR Sept. 2008
    POP & AKL June 2007
    WDW Dolphin July 2006
    WDW Dolphin March 2002

Treehouse Villas as a kid...that's where it all began!

Post Thanks / Like

I went in my sons room at 4 am and whispered in his ear if he wanted to go to Disney World he needed to get up and get dressed......he about knocked me down he got up so fast and was at the front door waiting with his bag all packed before I was done showering!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great suggestions. I will definitely check out the links. Hopefully these ideas will get my imagination moving.

Post Thanks / Like

Default do it do it do it do it

I think you should do daisyhead's idea

180 more days to go woohoo

Post Thanks / Like

I won't offer you a suggestion as to the design of the surprise, its prose or its delivery. What I will do, though, is relate one of my (sigh) favorite WDW stories... My son was 6 when we scheduled our first trip. He knew EVERYTHING about it as we made no plans to hide it from him. Our flight was 7 a.m. and the night before.... the little bugger got a case of the "all-nighters".... Wide-eyed... gtlazed expression.... He was going to Disney World the next day and we wasn't going to miss the opportunity with something as needless as sleep ! So... there we were, bags packed in the Wagon Queen Family Truckster needing forty winks ourselves while our precious cargo was humming... diddling.... cooing.... singing.... everything but sleeping until 2 a.m. We had to get up at 4 a.m., so you can see the folly.... Okay... so fool me once shame on you, right...? The following year we did EVERYTHING the same... EXCEPT we told him we were going on Wednesday.... but really had planned on Tuesday. Result??? A full night of sleep on Monday and a great photo of my 7 year old, being woken up (again at 4 a.m.) for his surprise visit to WDW... Sometimes ya just gotta think faster than a kid.....
    CBR- June 28 - July 6, 1999, August 22 - 31, 2000, August 21 - 30, 2001, August 20 - 27, 2002, August 17 - 25, 2004, August 17 - 23, 2005, August 21 - 29, 2007
    ASSp- June 2 - 5, 2008
    CBR - August 18 - 22, 2008
    CBR - October 16 - 20, 2008
    Pop - February 17 - 20, 2010
    ASMu - April 16 - 21, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Oh there is a online santa thing . You fill out some info and santa emails your kids and its kinda interactive. You can have santa tell them himself. Email me if you want the link. My wife has the link on her computer.
    DS
    DD
    DW
    Myself
    2004 Suburban 4x4
    2005 Kodiak 25QB
    Pentax K100D

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you the link to that santa page. If you use it let me know how it worked for you. Good luck and have fun on your trip.
    DS
    DD
    DW
    Myself
    2004 Suburban 4x4
    2005 Kodiak 25QB
    Pentax K100D

Post Thanks / Like

Silly Symphony - Love your WDW story. There's nothing like the excitement of getting to go to Disney World. I have to admit that I have trouble sleeping too the night before we go to WDW. It's just too exciting.

Thanks Thumper_ehhhh - I'll look at the link tonight and see how it works. I've got just a couple more days. I need to get this surprise going soon. We take off Saturday.

Thanks a bunch for all your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SillySymphony View Post
    I won't offer you a suggestion as to the design of the surprise, its prose or its delivery. What I will do, though, is relate one of my (sigh) favorite WDW stories... My son was 6 when we scheduled our first trip. He knew EVERYTHING about it as we made no plans to hide it from him. Our flight was 7 a.m. and the night before.... the little bugger got a case of the "all-nighters".... Wide-eyed... gtlazed expression.... He was going to Disney World the next day and we wasn't going to miss the opportunity with something as needless as sleep ! So... there we were, bags packed in the Wagon Queen Family Truckster needing forty winks ourselves while our precious cargo was humming... diddling.... cooing.... singing.... everything but sleeping until 2 a.m. We had to get up at 4 a.m., so you can see the folly.... Okay... so fool me once shame on you, right...? The following year we did EVERYTHING the same... EXCEPT we told him we were going on Wednesday.... but really had planned on Tuesday. Result??? A full night of sleep on Monday and a great photo of my 7 year old, being woken up (again at 4 a.m.) for his surprise visit to WDW... Sometimes ya just gotta think faster than a kid.....
    Funny story! But I know my kids - they need time to plan ahead and get excited. If I sprung a "surprise" like this on them, I think I'd have a total meltdown on my hands! Plus my oldest daughter would have a total nervous wreck if she didn't have time to pack and shop to get what she considers the essentials!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: