Quantcast The Amazing Race 15 - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    Sorry to see the father/son team eliminated last night....however, when pinky was looking for the candelabra, that was funny. So, who is the winner going to be? 4 teams left.
    I was sorry about Pinky and the Dad getting the boot. I was surprised that Pinky couldn't figure out what a candelabra was, but when you're in a foreign country, you can be confused by the simplest things.

Now I'm rooting for the Globetrotters.
    Just Jill.......

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    But having a brother myself, I thought they behaved like brothers always behaved. I thought their finish was pretty touching, too. They really seemed to know what they want to get out of the race above and beyond the million dollars.
    I don't know--I've got a brother and two sisters and we haven't behaved like that to one another since we were kids. Of course, we haven't been in a situation like the Amazing Race together either, but I can't picture screaming at each other even under duress.

I'm mostly ambivalent about the brothers--same thing with Miss America and hubby. And I'm getting that way about Flight Time and Big Easy. That scene on the boardwalk was something. I played it back a few times and it just looked like Flight Time slipped and fell against Dan. I didn't see any pushing or elbowing and I don't think either team earned the right to call foul at the pit stop.

Still like Megan and Cheyenne the best. Some people I talk to complain that they're boring, I guess because they don't spend a lot of energy yelling at each other or getting flustered. But they work as a team very well and yet are very competitive too.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I don't know--I've got a brother and two sisters and we haven't behaved like that to one another since we were kids. Of course, we haven't been in a situation like the Amazing Race together either, but I can't picture screaming at each other even under duress.
    Hey I said "brothers" not "brothers and sisters."

It's a whoooooooooooooooole different animal. Trust me on this!

Anyway, I was bummed to see Pinky and the Dad go last night, but it was their time. They've struggled mightily the last two legs and it finally caught up with them (as it should have). I mean really? A "can-dell-a-bruh???" To quote ESPN, "Come on, man!"

Still totally on the Globetrotters bandwagon, but I'd be okay with Meghan and Cheyne or the brothers winning, as well. Both teams have run an "amazing race" and certainly deserve to be there at the end.

Can't say I'm lovin' the beauty queen, though. She's just a bit too high maintenance for me.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Can't say I'm lovin' the beauty queen, though. She's just a bit too high maintenance for me.
    She's a beauty queen.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    She's a beauty queen.
    Ha ha ha ha ... Touche, Mel! Touche!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been that high on the Globetrotters since they took advantage of that girl's fear of water and heights on the water slide. They should've just kept their mouths shut and waited for the time to run out...instead they taunted her and manipulated her fear. That, for me, was going too far and I'm not rooting for them to win.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I was sorry to see Pinky and Dad go. I really liked them.

There really isn't a team I don't like that's still in the race. Usually by this point I'm rooting really hard against a team but since the poker girls lost I don't have any teams I'm rooting against.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    I was sorry about Pinky and the Dad getting the boot. I was surprised that Pinky couldn't figure out what a candelabra was, but when you're in a foreign country, you can be confused by the simplest things.

Now I'm rooting for the Globetrotters.
    HA HA...I have to admit...my very own husband turned to me and asked me what a candelabra was. I had to laugh.

Yes..I'm going for the Globetrotters too. I kinda wouldn't mind the Meghan and Cheyanne either. They've played a good game.

The Globetrotters are "jocks" (well kinda)...they "trash" talk. The Mika or whatever her name was on the slide...she already had PLENTY of time to get it in gear. I understand she was afraid...but part of life is closing your eyes and plunging ahead...it's NOT like she was jumping out of an airplane. I still say...she had no business being there...she KNEW there were going to be challenges. Besides...they admitted in a later interview that the Globetrotter "apologized"...they felt it was sincere and she really did NOT see herself going down regardless of how much time she had.

The brothers and their arguing thing...well...what can I say...I'm an ONLY child...I really can't relate. My son's an only child...sometimes he argues with the cat but the cat ALWAYS wins.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    My son's an only child...sometimes he argues with the cat but the cat ALWAYS wins.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just got caught up with last night's TAR and was underwhelmed with the show and the ending. That they made this a non-elimination leg and Brian and Ericka continue on (for now) is ridiculous. Personally I think Ericka was ready to throw in the towel last night (her lackluster effort in looking for the miniature instrument was especially telling). Anyway, I don't hold out much hope for them for next week, but maybe they'll suprise me.

Other I'm still in Megan and Cheyne's camp. They continue to run a good race.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Drat! A non-elim show, I was so wanting those 2 gone.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I was sorry that Brian and Erica didn't get eliminated also but Erica's does seem like she is giving up, moving so slowly through every challenge. With an extra task they don't seem to have much hope of continuing next week. I think everyone's nerves are getting a little frazzled.
    Dixie Landings 94,96,98
    POR 2006
    POFQ 2008,2009,2011
    Boardwalk 2013
    POFQ 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy08 View Post
    I was sorry that Brian and Erica didn't get eliminated also but Erica's does seem like she is giving up, moving so slowly through every challenge. With an extra task they don't seem to have much hope of continuing next week. I think everyone's nerves are getting a little frazzled.
    I wouldn't be sad to see these two go next week. My vote is still with the Globetrotters, but I do admire Megan and Cheyne for their smarts in running a good race. The brothers can go anytime, too.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    The Mika or whatever her name was on the slide...she already had PLENTY of time to get it in gear. I understand she was afraid...but part of life is closing your eyes and plunging ahead...it's NOT like she was jumping out of an airplane. I still say...she had no business being there...she KNEW there were going to be challenges. Besides...they admitted in a later interview that the Globetrotter "apologized"...they felt it was sincere and she really did NOT see herself going down regardless of how much time she had.
    The high point of this whole race for me was listening to Mika freak out. I agree that she had no business signing up if she was afraid of EVERYTHING.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaaaah!!! I know I wasn't there, and I know at one time Big Easy said he'd been there 2.5 hours, but seriously? They didn't think he could get it in that 4 hour penalty time? Wow. It's a shame, because they were my favorite team. I'm pulling for Megan and Cheynne all the way now. They deserve it tenfold over the remaining teams.

We were really hoping that Sam and Dan's broken arm and Brian and Erika using a taxi during the lager challenge would have given them a penalty. Once again, the brothers annoyingly go on and on with each other and I think Erika went a little too far with her 'ugly American' thing. Oh well, I'll be in WDW next Sunday, so I won't be too sorry to have to watch the finale on my DVR later in the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Aaaaaaah!!! I know I wasn't there, and I know at one time Big Easy said he'd been there 2.5 hours, but seriously? They didn't think he could get it in that 4 hour penalty time? Wow. It's a shame, because they were my favorite team. I'm pulling for Megan and Cheynne all the way now. They deserve it tenfold over the remaining teams.

We were really hoping that Sam and Dan's broken arm and Brian and Erika using a taxi during the lager challenge would have given them a penalty. Once again, the brothers annoyingly go on and on with each other and I think Erika went a little too far with her 'ugly American' thing. Oh well, I'll be in WDW next Sunday, so I won't be too sorry to have to watch the finale on my DVR later in the week.
    You must be in my brain! I was going to say everything you said, including the Aaaaaah! at the beginning! I wish I could also say that I'll be in WDW next Sunday. Oh well.

Go Megan and Cheynne!

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw an interesting spoiler regarding TARs next season:

Someone is claiming they saw Jeff and Jordan (from this past summer's season of Big Brother) at LAX filming the show.

Post Thanks / Like

Taking a4 hour penalty to solve a 5 word puzzle is the most stupid thing I have ever seen on the race ... and even though Dan didn't play with the most integrity, I don't know if I would have even tried. You would seriously thought they were trying to solve a level 10 Soduku -- I mean Dan gave him the first letter ... that really narrows down the options.

I thought it was weird we had 2 episodes in Prague and from the previews there's no WDW coming up ... weird.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I thought it was weird we had 2 episodes in Prague and from the previews there's no WDW coming up ... weird.
    I thought the WDW thing was supposed to be for last season?

Post Thanks / Like

It's kinda, um, amazing, that you couldn't come up with F R A N Z if spotted the F.

Didn't really think they had any kind of chance once that happened, although the 3rd team did finish after sunup.

I would have been an ugly American at that point too, toting beer across town on foot with drunks annoying me.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Share This Thread On Social Media: