Quantcast Disney World...alone? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a few days alone at WDW while my husband was at a conference a couple years ago. I did not enjoy being in the theme parks by myself. I did have a good time once I decided to shop, resort hop, and relax by the resort pool instead -- but for me, even these things are much more fun with my husband than alone.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

all on my trips but 1 has been solo. it was great i set my own schedule. there were times that only 1 rider was needed to fill a ride. getting a ticket for Cirque du Soleil was great because of being only 1 person i was able to get seating close to the stage. i was able to leave the park for a rest at the hotel room & no one complained
    it's not falling off the roof that hurts it's the landing that hurts...GOOFY

All Star Music '97,'99
    All Star Sports '02
    Pop Century '06,'11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alone

I go mainly for a long golf week end when the wife is working. I love it. I usually stay at the BW and eat at Flying Fish bar. Going in November again.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

The closest I've been to visiting alone was in 2003, when no one wanted to get up early and ride ToT and RnR with me, so I went to MGM alone and met up with my party later.

I had mixed feelings about it. While it certainly was convenient to be able to go at my own pace, make my own decisions, and repeat rides as much as I felt like, there was a certain feeling of loneliness in not being able to share the experience with others. I kept having those "hey, did you see that?" moments, but there was no one to actually say that to.

In my opinion, the best way to enjoy WDW is with one other like-minded person who loves you and wants to share the experience with you. I love my kids and can't wait to show them WDW, but I loved being able to walk leisurely around World Showcase, eating and drinking, and then returning to a romantic place like Wilderness Lodge to stroll and hold hands, just me and my wife.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Going solo can be wonderful, if you usually are a part of a group when you visit--use the solo trip to visit ( and repeatedly visit) attractions you really like or to try a few off the beaten path things. (Small World 4 times--no problem; Small World never also no problem). Also remember that when you get tired, you can stop and rest. Be sure to try the new Kim Possible adventures in Epcot--even if you have no idea who Kim Possible is they work well for one person, are quite interactive, and get you to explore the far corners of World Showcase.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Disney for one

I went on a solo trip to the Magic Kingdom and really enjoyed it. Previously, I have always visited with my family or relatives. In fact, I've been to MK at least six times with them before going by myself this year.
    In sketching out an itinerary and reading tips online, I figured that there would be two main things that would be different for a solo trip to Disney. One: where I would have my meals. Two: when I would leave the park. The last one is a no-brainer: leaving the park in time for the 1.5 hour drive to get home before dark. For my main meal- lunch- I decided to eat at a take-out and sit outside. Then I could watch the world go by and not worry about having someone to chat with at mealtime. It actually was very pleasant to be seated at a table outside Casey's with my hotdog and fries, seeing all the kids and people who mostly looked pretty happy.
    One of my all-time favorites is 'Mickey's PhilharMagic' and that was the first show I went to. There was no line there. Of course for years my family has always gone to the Main Street Bakery straight from the monorail and we've gotten our treats and coffee- reinforcements- before the big AM hike through Adventureland (which we've historically always done first). So, I went to the bakery first thing too. But not before seeing Goofy and some of my favorite Disney characters in the main square.
    We've always wound up in Tomorrowland around late afternoon, going on our favorite rides and finding a dining spot. Then we'd migrate towards Main St in the evening, seeing the castle and everything light up. This time I went through the park twice. I can walk practically all day in my running shoes so it was possible for me to do this by myself and loved it!
    I am a 6'1" woman so you can imagine I stand out in a crowd. No matter. I stood in line for Snow White's Scary Adventures and enjoyed that. I went to the Haunted House and this is such a classic.
    I took the riverboat in the morning and the monorail late afternoon. The tram rides were fine.
    On the way out I had my gift bag and got my to-go treats from the bakery. It was a sweet ending to a nice day. Stopped by my parents on the way back and gave them their gift. I shared my day with them and we reminisced about our earlier trips to Disney World.
    I look forward to future visits. My 50th birthday may well be spent in the soon-to-be expanded Magic Kingdom! This time with family and friends! or not!
    1974- First trip to the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I love it alone, I love it so much there, I can run around all day by myself and not have a care at all. It's like having the world in your hands. though, dining with someone is always nice

It was always an option for me when I worked for the airlines, I could go solo for the day and come back at same day, get ther by 9am leave at 8pm. free flights
    96 - All-Star Music
    99 - All-Star Music
    04 - Off-site
    05 - All-Star Movies/Music/Off-site (AP)
    06 - All-Star Music/Off-site (AP)
    07 - All-Star Movies
    08 - POP Century
    09 - POP Century/Off-site
    10 - Coronado Springs/CBR/All-Star Sports (AP)
    11 - All-Star Music 1/9! (AP)

Post Thanks / Like

Over the past several yeras,my wife has decided to not go to WDW...so,she has me go..normally 2 or 3 times a year for 1 or 2 days..it gets me out of her hair,and lets me get my Disney fix...I personally love doing it,for all the reasons stated before..do as you please,..see things she normally won't go to:etc...I say "do it"",and check for yourself...
    "Ive been to WDW more times in real life than I have posts on here!!!!"Not sure, but has to be over 100 times since 1971..absolutely my favorite place on Earth....

Post Thanks / Like

Solo trips are the best. Sure I miss the kids but I just tell my self I'm doing reconnaissance for the next trip. Who can honestly say they have been on a family vacation to the world and got to do everything THEY wanted?

Well a solo tripper can.

I try and go solo once a year. Usually in conjunction with a business trip that concludes Friday afternoon.

Admittedly, I spend the largest part of my time on a bench outside the Rose and Crown drinking black-n-tans watching the world go by.

I have a hectic high stress job; a solo trip is a hellofa lot cheaper than therapy and works twice as goodl!
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to temporarily relocate to Orlando a few years ago whenI took a job. I lived there for 7 weeks without my family (they did come to visit one week). I spent alot of time at WDW alone during that time. It was a different experience than going with my family- it was OK. I prefer going with my family over going alone, but if I were there on business again I certainly wouldn't pass up a visit to WDW.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Traveling to WDW solo?

On the plus side:
    You can do what you want, when you want.
    If you want to stay out all night or come back to your room early, nobody cares.

On the minus side:
    You have no one to talk to during meals, and no one to share the fun with as it is happening.

It helps if you like to strike up conversations with strangers.

I went solo because my traveling companion had backed out. Rather than NOT go, I went by myself. It was a unique experience.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I am doing that next week. While i will be meeting one of my friends who works for Disney on a couple of the days, most of the vacation ill be by myself. Ill try to report how things are when i come back on the 24.
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

I've not done a complete vacation to WDW alone, but have been there while DH was at a conference and liked the time in the parks by myself. I noticed a lot more of the details that Disney puts into the parks when I was alone. I have also resort hopped and spent a lot of time at DTD while he was at conferences and have enjoyed that time also. I say go for it!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: