Quantcast new TTA audio - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: new TTA audio

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rode it last week

What a disapointment- they should have shut down the ride for refurb-
    going slow through the trash at space mountain( this wasnt a ride) . aweful!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is such sad news. I love this ride, and MOSTLY for the audio. I mean, it is still an enjoyable ride in its own right, but imagine if it were totally silent. It would just not be as good.

I am so over the audio for attractions being COMMERCIALS for OTHER attractions. Like at the Backstage Tour at DHS...it's like one big commercial for LMA stunt show. Even the audio on the monorail has become just a commercial for character meals and such...SO annoying.

And don't even get me started on Stitch...

Ugh. Sad day indeed.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HiHoKermitTheFrogHere View Post
    They might as well remove "Por favor mantegase alejado de las puertas" from the monorail spiel while they're at it. Heck, why not also remove "We have 999 happy haunts, but there's room for 1 more" and "Don't forget to bring your death certificate" from the Haunted Mansion. Or maybe "Don't forget to hang on to them hats and glasses, folks, cuz this here's the wildest ride in the WILderness" from Big Thunder. I don't think any of us Disney enthusiasts really care about those classic lines, anyway.
    They did sorta mess with Big Thunder when they added the spanish version of the spiel, half the time I miss it now because it feels rushed and muted

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    i am so BUMMED to hear this!! I agree and that's now 3 rides that have been altered for the worse IMO. I didn't like the change with the kitchy cartoony ending of Spaceship Earth, I REALLY don't like what was done to the old El Rio Del Tiempo ride, and I hate to hear this now. I understand things have to evolve with time, but can't we keep just a little of the old too? Now I am even more worried the changed Star Tours will be more of the same...
    Agreed. Spaceship Earth's redo was terrible and I am sure the Mexican people are proud that Donald Duck is such a rich part of their heritage. As for Star Tours, well George Lucas will play a big role, so I am sure it will be as good as Episode 1-3
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
    As someone else asked upthread, is there a way we can communicate our feelings on this matter to Disney?
    I just read this in a blog Jack Spence posted on the All Ears site about the TTA audio:

"I was told the Imagineers will monitor guest reaction to gauge how this change is received."

Maybe we should send Disney some e-mails regarding our disappointment, just in case they really are going to see how the change is received?
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I also read somewhere that this new spiel is closer to what the original spiel was for the PeopleMover in DL. But I have no memory of that.

Anyway I noticed in this thread a lot of complaints about the "commercial" aspect of rides at WDW. And I just wanted to share this thought for some perspective. When Walt originally built DL he intended it for two main purposes 1)a place where parents can have fun with their children 2)to promote his products.

Just make it entertaining...and I think that is what is missing from the new TTA spiel.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the the refurbishments being made lately leave off the fun factor. I am 51 and love the slap stick in the rides, it is the kid in me. I think sometimes Disney takes the goofy stuff out because the "crowd is older", but we are all kids when we enter the gates. I will miss the old verbage. I love the ride.
    POR 04/2018
    CB - 01/2018
    Contemporary - 12/2017
    Poly - 06/2017
    GF - 08/2009
    BW - 07/2008
    Contemporary - 11/2007
    Poly - 02/2007
    POR - 12/2004
    Contemporary - 12/2003
    Dixie Landing - 12/2002, 12/2001 8/2000
    Contemporary - 12/1999
    Dixie Landing - 5/1998, 5/1997

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Okay, so I read through each and every one of the 65 replies to this thread. Some of us posted more than once, so being more than generous and tossing 15 posts that would leave 50 individual responses in this thread.

Not one person said they were happy about this change. Not a single, solitary, ONE.

Which truly begs the question ... does Disney even know what their guests want anymore??? Do they even care???
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

We've stayed away from WDW for four years because of stupid changes like this. We're coming back so we can enjoy the things that aren't at Disneyland. I sure hope that I'm not going to find disappointment after disappointment.
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I also read somewhere that this new spiel is closer to what the original spiel was for the PeopleMover in DL. But I have no memory of that.
    there's a youtube of the "WEDway Peoplemover Front Car Ride-through 1991"
    where you can hear the audio. Back then it was pretty much a tour of tomorrow land too pointing out different attractions, but also giving fun facts (how the wedway works, that it could travel up to 40mph but is going to stay at 10, that space mountain is Florida's third largest mountain). I think the current audio (from what i can hear) could use some livening up and levity added.
    There seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post

Anyway I noticed in this thread a lot of complaints about the "commercial" aspect of rides at WDW. And I just wanted to share this thought for some perspective. When Walt originally built DL he intended it for two main purposes 1)a place where parents can have fun with their children 2)to promote his products.
    I understand what you're saying. However, I think Walt's intention was to more promote or tie in his movies and television shows to attractions in the parks. I don't necessarily think a ride in Tomorrowland needs to advertise OTHER rides in Tomorrowland. It was one thing when the TTA audio would say "Now approaching...", because it was supposed to be the TRANSIT AUTHORITY, and when you're on public transportation, that's what happens.

But the way they are wording the audio these days on the attractions sounds more like the Resort T.V. channel that exists SOLELY to do this sort of "advertising". It's cheesy.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    But the way they are wording the audio these days on the attractions sounds more like the Resort T.V. channel that exists SOLELY to do this sort of "advertising". It's cheesy.
    I don't disagree with your statement. The Now Approaching...way was still technically advertising but it was clever and fit with the theme of the ride. The new is bland and doesn't fit as well. I hope they can make it better.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDale View Post
    We've stayed away from WDW for four years because of stupid changes like this. We're coming back so we can enjoy the things that aren't at Disneyland. I sure hope that I'm not going to find disappointment after disappointment.
    JANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the heck are you???
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

It will be fun regardless!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait until they re do fantasy land! I'm sure they will get rid of alot of the older stuff that we are used to. What that will be I'm not sure but I'm sure it won't be the same as it is now.
    DVC Members since 2006!
    Home Resorts SSR and AKV!

Post Thanks / Like

This is very disappointing- the audio was a big part of the enjoyment. We will miss it greatly.
    Port Orleans FQ 1992
    All Star Sports 2004
    Contemporary 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004
    Pop Century 2006
    Beach Club 2006
    Contemporary 2006
    Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites 2009
    All Star Music 2014
    Coronado Springs 2014
    Pop Century November 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    JANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the heck are you???
    Howdy Ian! I'm great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    It will be fun regardless!!!
    OK, I promise to keep a positive attitude and just enjoy!
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Jane!

I'm not happy about this at all! First, GM announces that they're not going to manufacture Saturns anymore and now this??? My car is going to have an identity crisis!

I agree... the sound track was definitely part of the attraction of this attraction. It just won't be the same without it.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Howdy Ian! I'm great, thanks!
    Great to see you back around, Janey! I missed you!

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    ... the sound track was definitely part of the attraction of this attraction.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Yea at this point they might as well replace the main character in CoP with Wall-e. The classic announcer voice goes hand in hand with the theme of CoP....Bummer dude.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I just watched a video of the updated version with the audio. I really wasn't bothered by it at all. Oh sure, I missed hearing Mr. Johnson in the Skyview 1 Hovercraft but it really wasn't bad at all. I read the posts on here about the entry in Stitch on the ride but was relieved that all he said was "I don't think so" in answer to a comment about keeping him under control. That's it. Thank goodness.
    The audio also includes Mickey Mouse commenting on Star Traders and Buzz Lightyear.
    The majority of the ride is quiet with interspersed comments from the narrator. That's fine with me. I liked the audio before but, aside from expecting certain commenst at various points, I was pretty much there for the relaxing ride.
    Y'all had me scared on this thread. This wasn't nearly as bad as it was led up to be. We go in 24 days and I'll sit back and relax and enjoy as I always do. I love the TTA......
    We're almost complete...
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach
    Port Orleans
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings