Quantcast How Is Dinner At The Crystal Palace?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Is Dinner At The Crystal Palace?

I was just able to book dinner at the crystal palace for our first night at WDW during MVMCP. I have never eaten there before, I am a little afraid of some of the different foods "non American foods" I am not really an adventurous eater, but I really don't want to eat a hamburger on my first night in WDW. It was the only dinner ADR I could find that night, so I figured I better go ahead and book it.

So, How is The Crystal Palace? Did you like the food? How is the atmosphere, seating etc? Can adults eat off of the "poohs corner" section? What foods/desserts would you suggest trying and or skipping?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

there is alot of traditional food there such as roasted chicken,corn bread stuffing,salmon,lots of veggie dishes,it is a buffet,so you can eat whatever is there.
    there is always a big assortment of deserts,my kids loved the sunday bar, i loved the bailey's bread pudding.
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be nagative but...TERRIBLE! We do not like it at CP at all. Terrible service, terrible food, dirty bathrooms and restaurant experience. I NEVER complain about anything at Disney but the CP.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

I am torn on this one, 2 years ago we ate dinner there and everything was fresh,the character interaction was great,as was the service.
    last year the food did not mesure up,we felt rushed by the wait staff to give up our table,and we had to get a handler after waiting over an hour to see eyore (he is our favorite).
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there in December and the food is good, solid buffet fare...I can't remember anything exotic on the buffet and yes you can eat off Pooh's Corner....the character interaction was good too...this a decent meal but not really anything special.....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love it

I actually love this place. It is so funny how people's opinions of the same places can vary. Anyway, we first tried it 3 years ago during free dining. It is the only restaurant we go back to every year and pay OOP for. This is my DD's favorite. They do a little parade with Pooh and friends and all the children. This place can be LOUD but oh so much fun. I find the buffet one of the best on property. Yes, adults can definitely eat from the children's selections. Try the mac & cheese. It is really good. Go hungry. There is so much yummy food from the salad station to the entrees to the desserts. They have unbelievable desserts and ice cream machines where you can make your own sundaes. My family really loves this place and hope you will too.
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for HORRIBLE! We ate there once and that was one time too many. We arrived and were seated 1 hour past our ADR. The host was grumpy. Once seated, it took 15 minutes before our waiter showed up with water (we were so thirsty, we had to ask another server for refills after that). The food was average. Nothing memorable at all. I'd do Tony's or Liberty Tree or even go to the Polynesian at eat at Kona or O'hana. Even though O'hana is popular, Kona has really, really good food.

Good luck!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I had dinner there a few weeks ago.No complaints.We had a good waiter named Vincent.He kept our glasses full, including my water ,I drink lots of water.
    I would not call anything on the menu outstanding but we enjoyed what we ate.
    And, considering that we had no kids with us, the characters experience was very good.Plus this was the only place in MK where I could ask for and get REAL BUTTER, not that lousy margarine blend of chemicals.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I would not go as far as to say horrible, but eyh....for dinner that is. We enjoy breakfast though!

Dinner when we have eaten there has been nothing spectacular --- the characters have been rushed through, the plates never cleared from our table and glasses empty -- the food was just eyh.

Breakfast is the exact 180! Fresh, hot food, character interaction is great with ALL the kids and glasses never empty and plates cleared as you finish them.

Maybe it's just been who we have had taking care of us, but we don't do dinner there anymore.
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there the first night of our first visit to WDW (2005) At that time everything was good. Don't know if there have been any changes since then. The service and the character interaction were good. We left stuffed and happy. The only character that didn't come to our table was Piglet. After talking to a CM, we waited near the lobby area and Piglet came to meet us.

I would go back again, thinking about it for our next trip. Everyone will have their own unique experiences from horrible to fantastic. Mine was a good experience.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: