Quantcast what age does child move to adult menu

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default what age does child move to adult menu

my son will be 10 when we arrive in disney in Aril 2010. Will he be able to order from the adult menu or will he still be provided the childrens menu? We are looking at different options for dinners and this will make or break a couple of choices. Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally, he'll be given the adult menu, but you can always ask for the children's menu. Even as an adult, you can order from the children's menu.

The main exception to this are the buffet and fixed price meals (Chef Mickey's, Boma, 'Ohana, etc.). At these locations, since he'll be 10, he'll pay as an adult.

Post Thanks / Like

Your ten year old can still order from the kids menu. Mine did, and did again at 11. And just like the above poster said- you'll be charged adult price at the buffet and family style meals where you are charged per person.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Default dining plan

we have the dining plan. was he charged the adult price for the plan or the childs? my hubby wants to eat at La Celliar but my son doesn't like the kids options. Would he be able to order from the adult menu? I know i am being redundant. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctonge00 View Post
    we have the dining plan. was he charged the adult price for the plan or the childs? my hubby wants to eat at La Celliar but my son doesn't like the kids options. Would he be able to order from the adult menu? I know i am being redundant. Thanks again.
    If he will be ten at the time of trip he was charged the adult price. If he was charged adult price he can order from either the kids or adults menu- no worries.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

You will pay the adult price for the Dining Plan, but your son can still order of the kids' menu. Keep in mind that you are paying for an adult-sized meal regardless.

Have fun!

The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

my son will be 10 when we arrive in disney in Aril 2010. Will he be able to order from the adult menu or will he still be provided the childrens menu? We are looking at different options for dinners and this will make or break a couple of choices. Thanks.
    if he was ten when you booked, he would have been charged the adult price. If he was nine at booking, they probably gave him the kids plan, which could be a problem for you. Your best bet is to check your reservations and see if you paid for your son as an adult or as a child.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I would say look to see what you were charged, but I would guess you were charged for an adult.
    I say this because they ask for your childs age at the time of the trip, not at the time of booking. So if he will be 10 by then they should charge you for and adult.

If it is wrong on your paperwork I would call and have it changed. It will cost more to upgrade tix, and dinning but it is the right thing to do.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    if he was ten when you booked, he would have been charged the adult price. If he was nine at booking, they probably gave him the kids plan, which could be a problem for you.
    When we booked, they asked us what age our kids would be upon arrival. I booked when my son was 9, but they charged him as an adult for the dining plan because he will be 10 when we are there.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: