Quantcast Possible/Rumored Attractions and Refurbishments To Come - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Let's put this into perspective here ... if, in fact, the budget is really only $250 million there is no way on EARTH they could do even 1/4 of the things listed in that original plan.

Everest cost $100 million by itself. So did Mission: Space. Imagineering can't do anything for $250 mil. Heck, the DCA redo is budgeted for more than four times that much and DCA ain't that big.

Also ... curious where you guys saw Jim Hill reporting this stuff. I don't see any stories on his site about D23.
    Look at Hanuted Mansion... See what the Imagineers did to that ride with a hugely cut budget??? Imagineering can do remarkable things with less money if given the chance to.... Also, Little Mermaid will be a clone, so that cuts down the cost of that attraction alone..

But truth is, no one knows for sure how much the budget will be... These are just numbers passed around by internet bloggers and pocast hosts... I will be waiting to hear what Disney has to say on this matter come D23....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Look at Hanuted Mansion... See what the Imagineers did to that ride with a hugely cut budget??? Imagineering can do remarkable things with less money if given the chance to.... Also, Little Mermaid will be a clone, so that cuts down the cost of that attraction alone..

But truth is, no one knows for sure how much the budget will be... These are just numbers passed around by internet bloggers and pocast hosts... I will be waiting to hear what Disney has to say on this matter come D23....
    The difference between the Fantasyland redo and Haunted Mansion is that much of Haunted Mansion was upgraded in bits and pieces over the years. It wasn't built the way it is now all at once, nor was the way it is now the product of one refurbishment.

Fantasyland on the other hand, is a massive proposal converting more than half of Fantasyland into something than what it currently is AND completely retheming Mickey's Toontown Fair. They're proposing to do this in one major upgrade. I just can't see $250 million doing everything proposed, not to mention the fact that $100 million was the price tag on Everest and they couldn't even make a complete mountain with that.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

OK, that wasn't meant LITERALLY... I was trying to point out that Imagineering can do wonderous things with the budget provided to them... And as for Everest, I would say all the parts in the park that you see ARE themed... The unthemed parts are backstage... and by the way, have you seen it recently??? It IS themed!!!

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Jim Hill told about the D23 announcements I believe on one of the Magical Definitions Podcasts. He didn't mention the budget. This has been reported on various forums by those who think that they are "in the know". Al Lutz even chimed in about the budget being cut, but I don't believe he gave a specific number. I read on one forum that sometimes businesses will ask for a larger budget than they actually need, (in order to get about the amount they need). From the leaked plans, the only major new attraction is the Little Mermaid ride, with the exception of the extra Dumbo, most of the new things are meet-n-greets and restaurants. They may be able to achieve these things with $250 mil., (if that is indeed the final number).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Supercali View Post
    Jim Hill told about the D23 announcements I believe on one of the Magical Definitions Podcasts. He didn't mention the budget. This has been reported on various forums by those who think that they are "in the know". Al Lutz even chimed in about the budget being cut, but I don't believe he gave a specific number. I read on one forum that sometimes businesses will ask for a larger budget than they actually need, (in order to get about the amount they need). From the leaked plans, the only major new attraction is the Little Mermaid ride, with the exception of the extra Dumbo, most of the new things are meet-n-greets and restaurants. They may be able to achieve these things with $250 mil., (if that is indeed the final number).
    Businesses DO ask for more than they need, knowing full well budgets will get cut... I don't believe the budget will be only $250 million... And if it is, then I still think Imagineering will do a fantastic job with it... People need to remember, DCA is getting how many rides and a brand new, very expensive night time show... Over $1 billion is fully expected... Fantasyland isn't getting that extensive of an overhaul...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy info from Lutz and Hill Now there are 2 reliable sources
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Oh boy info from Lutz and Hill Now there are 2 reliable sources
    Actually, Lutz is right more times than he is wrong. He may be a Disney World hater, but, he is very well connected.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Goth, we may not be getting the FL announcement in D23 after all...

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I was wrong with the FL announcement... TDO must havebene cringing at the annoucement lol.

AND STAR TOURS 2.0 CONFIRMED!!

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings. Just a thought or observation. Was in the MK during the period of Aug 20th - 25th and had noticed work going on in what seemed to be the old location of the penny arcade on mainstreet. The false front or whatever they used to keep the work from being seen had arcade on it. I was wondering if maybe they were bringing the arcade back, or is it just a false front used whenever they need to keep the work from bothering the guest.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Kingdom Update

Update time:

Magic Kingdom Projects:

Space Mountain (due to reopen November 22nd) - rumored to have new track, better projections, ride audio (not onboard audio), new gates, new launch tunnel, ceiling replaced making it darker, and a new interactive queue.

TTA (NOW OPEN) - no noticable changes other then new lighting and a rumored new soundtrack.

Skyway Building - being torn down. Could be used for possible Space Mountain queue.

Little Mermaid Ride - CONFIRMED

Fantasyland Makeover: CONFIRMED

Removal of Toontown: CONFIRMED

Retheme of Barnstormer - rumor at this point. Possible rethemed to Dumbo's FLying Circus. - rumor.

Jungle Cruise refurbishment - rumored for 2010 and to be very extensive - rumor.

RFID technology added to certain Fantasyland rides and queues - rumored.

Big Thunder Mountan Railroad refurbishment. - strictly rumor at this point.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot Update

Updated:

Epcot rumored projects:

Tequila bar opening in Mexican pavilion - Now open.

Living With the Land Refurbishment - currenly closed. Pathway to be widened to accommidate brand new boats for the ride.

Spaceship Earth - completion of the descent. Waiting for Siemens to cough up their next sponsorship check.

Disney Nature film replacing Circle of Life - stictly rumor

Imagination refurb - strictly rumor

Soarin - new video, ride changed to Soarin Over the World - stricly rumor. People say announcement coming at D23. Have ot wait and see.

Three Caballeros AA's added to the end of Grand Fiesta Tour, replacing the animated concert footage. - rumor at this point.

Donald Duck meet and greet in Mexico - Will be happening, no date though. Expect this to be well themed like Snow White's M&G in Germany.

Possible new World Showcase Pavilion or new E-ticket to existing pavilion - stictly rumor. (Brazil rumored)

Post Thanks / Like

Default DHS Updates

UPDATED:

DHS project list:

Star Tours 2.0 - CONFIRMED, will be in 3D as well.

Backlot Tour removal - at this point, rumor. But, very plausible and more than likely, BLT's days are numbered. Pixar Place will expand to this area. Carsland will not however.

Great Movie Ride refurbishment - rumor

Toy Story Mania season/holiday overlays - very possible and easy enough to do. Possible start - 2010 holiday season.

Monsters Inc Roller Coaster - prep work done on the the building. However, the project has been cut at this point.

Rock N Roller Coaster theme change - rumor. Don't expect Aerosmith to be leaving any time soon, not for Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers anyway.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: