Quantcast Possible/Rumored Attractions and Refurbishments To Come - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Possible/Rumored Attractions and Refurbishments To Come

Just wanted to add for Animal Kingdom:

Flights of Wonder will be closed for refurbishment from September 14 to October 23rd to add the Up characters, Kevin and Doug supposedly.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Just wanted to add for Animal Kingdom and DHS:

Flights of Wonder will be closed for refurbishment from September 14 to October 23rd to add the Up characters, Kevin and Doug supposedly.

Also, in DHS, Hannah Montana Chicken Coup was added to the Back Lot Tour.
    Why do they think everything has to have characters? We enjoy FoW just the way it is. We'll miss it this trip just to add characters from a 'short lived' animated movie?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I like the idea. I've seen flights of wonder three times, and although I love it, I think it's time for a change.

It does not need to be character, but if it is, alright.

I did not plan on seeing it next time, and I might just change my mind.
    -------------
    Numerous day trips to DLRP
    2007 DW - POP, AK, POFQ
    2007 DLRP - Halloween at DLRP, Newport Bay Club Hotel
    2008 : Universal And POR WDW
    2009 : Disneyland Anaheim Off Site
    2010 : Florida, Wilderness Lodge and DCL : 04/22 - 05/06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Kingdom

Adding to the Magic Kingdom section: As part of the Fantasyland extreme make over, Tinker Bell and her fairy friends could be getting their own attraction, in Pixie Hollow. Not sure if this is part of the first phase or a possible 2nd phase, but, the steam is picking up on this one.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Adding to the Magic Kingdom section: As part of the Fantasyland extreme make over, Tinker Bell and her fairy friends could be getting their own attraction, in Pixie Hollow. Not sure if this is part of the first phase or a possible 2nd phase, but, the steam is picking up on this one.
    Seriously, Goth,

How much faith do you have in this fantasyland "major rehab"?

they are only grudgingly throwing money at parks where the attendance is in decline...and WDW's magic kingdom is the polar opposite of that.

While i don't doubt they'll "redo" something....you gotta believe that it's going to be a stripdown gascan on wheels...a la space mountain...

No?

Post Thanks / Like

Locked, of course with Disney, as we all know, nothing is official until ground is broken. And even then, nothing is a sure thing. That is why I am detailing these as RUMORS.

While I do believe the Fantasyland extreme make over is real and is coming, the scope of it can be debated. Just how big of a refurb or make over is coming is only known only by those who are making the choices.

We have to wait for an official announcement as always. Again, this is why I listed things as rumor and not as confirmed/fact.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I like the idea of a Disney Fairies attraction... I am sure it would go over well with the girls though... I am taking a wait and see on this one...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen the new Imagineering video on YouTube? Toward the end of it, they show a new interactive projection technology. Since there is a brief scene with Tinker Bell, some are saying that this is from the new Fairies ride. I read on another post that the ride is to be a "substantial" ride. The scenes from the video look cool. I hope that they add this to WDW soon.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Locked, of course with Disney, as we all know, nothing is official until ground is broken. And even then, nothing is a sure thing. That is why I am detailing these as RUMORS.

While I do believe the Fantasyland extreme make over is real and is coming, the scope of it can be debated. Just how big of a refurb or make over is coming is only known only by those who are making the choices.

We have to wait for an official announcement as always. Again, this is why I listed things as rumor and not as confirmed/fact.
    Goth,

Let's be clear: I'm not in any way accusing you of misleading me or anyone else by suggesting these moves are "facts"

I just wanted to point that out to everyone.

But i go back to my original premise: I don't believe any development plans for WDW...other than DVC (i expect an announcement of that nature within 15 months)...because they have basically put it in the highly paradoxical role of "backseat cash cow"

I do give them credit for trying to correct some of the eisnerian mistakes...i.e. the last four parks not named Tokyo Disneysea...but i personally have reduced my opinion of Iger tremendously

Did he not come out shortly after his ascension and say that they were going to "strengthen what they already have" in themeparks? Was that not during a huge boom in travel to Orlando that yielded record profits for WDW?

Where's the re-investment?
    It hasn't been...simply a cry of poverty.

But i know....it's determined by the people on wall street...
    ...cuz they've had such a great 10 yar track record

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Where's the re-investment?
    It hasn't been...simply a cry of poverty.
    I was under the impression that most of the money was going to a park in CA that was so bad that they are basically rebuilding the whole thing. I swear, that was the worst thought out, poorest executed screw up I've ever seen. It takes big bucks to fix such incompetence.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Stuff

It will be interesting to see what shakes out. Thanks for the scuttle butt.
    Duck1

Post Thanks / Like

What exactly is the September D23? Is that when the Disney big wigs decide what will be upcoming as far as updates, etc...? We will be there late April 2010 and do you know approximately when they will list any refurbs during this time? IF there are too many, we may just have to change our dates!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Are there any plans or rumors to add flying dumbo to Wishes like in Disneyland? I think that is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time and I really hope they do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
    Are there any plans or rumors to add flying dumbo to Wishes like in Disneyland? I think that is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time and I really hope they do.
    The problem with that right now is that unlike Disneyland, the cable for Tinkerbell really is a one-way trip. It extends from the top of Cinderella Castle to the top of a building in Tomorrowland, and it's at a very steep angle.

At Disneyland her flight path is between the Matterhorn and a Faux tree which passes right behind the castle and the flight path is FAIRLY level. The mechanism they use to guide her on the cable is also much more high tech and capable of moving back and forth, which leads to her much more spectacular flights at Disneyland. Dumbo flies on this same cable, but it's those same mechanics of the cable being level that allow them to do so.

For this to work at Magic Kingdom, they'd have to create some kind of mechanism to haul Dumbo back up the cable to the castle tower after park close to reset him for the next night, and then there's the problem of hiding him during the day.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

According to Jim Hill, at D23 they're going to announce the Fantasyland expansion (however much is left of it since the latest budget slash - it supposedly went from around $700 mil. to $250 mil at last count), Soarin' Over the World for Epcot, and the new Star Tours for DHS.

Post Thanks / Like

You have to take anything Jim says with a grain of salt. This time he added the budget numbers which he has no way of knowing and just stated what was already rumoured about the announcements at D23. He really just talks to hear himself talk
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticDargon View Post
    The problem with that right now is that unlike Disneyland, the cable for Tinkerbell really is a one-way trip. It extends from the top of Cinderella Castle to the top of a building in Tomorrowland, and it's at a very steep angle.

At Disneyland her flight path is between the Matterhorn and a Faux tree which passes right behind the castle and the flight path is FAIRLY level. The mechanism they use to guide her on the cable is also much more high tech and capable of moving back and forth, which leads to her much more spectacular flights at Disneyland. Dumbo flies on this same cable, but it's those same mechanics of the cable being level that allow them to do so.

For this to work at Magic Kingdom, they'd have to create some kind of mechanism to haul Dumbo back up the cable to the castle tower after park close to reset him for the next night, and then there's the problem of hiding him during the day.
    Thanks for the explanation. I REALLY hope they find a way to bring this to WDW. This is such a great addition to the fireworks show at Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    You have to take anything Jim says with a grain of salt. This time he added the budget numbers which he has no way of knowing and just stated what was already rumoured about the announcements at D23. He really just talks to hear himself talk
    He isn't the only one who gave the $250 million budget number... Another person, who will remain nameless, who doesn't care for WDW but brags about Disneyland, yet, who knows his inside information, also stated the budget was cut to $250 million..

However, doesn't anyone realize that Imagineering usually goes to the management with a huge budget number knowing full well it will be chopped?? They do that so they can get the funds that actually need to make it worth while... So while $700 million has been touted as the budget number Imagineering wanted for Fantasyland, they can probably do all they want to do with $250 million...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Let's put this into perspective here ... if, in fact, the budget is really only $250 million there is no way on EARTH they could do even 1/4 of the things listed in that original plan.

Everest cost $100 million by itself. So did Mission: Space. Imagineering can't do anything for $250 mil. Heck, the DCA redo is budgeted for more than four times that much and DCA ain't that big.

Also ... curious where you guys saw Jim Hill reporting this stuff. I don't see any stories on his site about D23.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: