Quantcast How will I get into Epcot for breakfast?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How will I get into Epcot for breakfast?

We have a ressie for breakfast at Akerhaus in Epcot at 9:15 a.m. Epcot opens at 9, but is there a way to get in earlier for our breakfast. I'm just afraid that if we have to wait until 9 to get in, which may take awhile depending on how many people are in front of us in line, and then make our way back to Norway, we may be late. Is there a spot to get in earlier if you have reservations? Should we plan on leaving our resort (CBR) around 8 or 8:15 to head to Epcot? Thanks so much!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is generally a separate gate available to those who have early dining reservations. Because your reservation is for after park opening, I'm not sure if they will let you in early or not. Usually, there are folks who have lists of all those pre-opening breakfasts and they check your reservation against that list before they let you in.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We showed up 20 minutes late for an ADR one time, and still got in. I would not worry too much about being a couple of minutes late. Also, the crowd thins pretty quickly once you start in the direction of Norway, as almost everyone heads toward Soarn. Enjoy
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    There is generally a separate gate available to those who have early dining reservations.
    Where is the gate at Epcot? We have an 8:30am breakfast at Akershus. This is the first time we've done an early breakfast in Epcot.

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibrowse17 View Post
    We showed up 20 minutes late for an ADR one time, and still got in. I would not worry too much about being a couple of minutes late. Also, the crowd thins pretty quickly once you start in the direction of Norway, as almost everyone heads toward Soarn. Enjoy
    Agreed! Even if you don't get in early you'll have time and they won't bat an eye if you are a little late. When we did the breakfast in Norway we felt odd wandering into an empty WS. A CM with a golf cart stopped (we thought we were about to be interrogated), but instead he offered to give us a ride. I guess when you have 2 girls in princess gear your destination is pretty obvious.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try to get in through the International gate way.
    Come in from the boardwalk. Less crowded and closer to the countries.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

This got me to thinking, when you enter the parks early can you get fast passes before checking into your meals? I mean if you have an 8:30 reservation on a non-emh day can you get fast passes for lets just say Soarin on your way back to check in or do you have to wait until the park is officially open?

Also are all the fountians turned on that early? I know everyone tries to get early reservations at MK for castle pictures but I find EPCOT to be a beautiful park with lots to try to photograph.
    November 2010 - Fort Wilderness
    August 2008 – Pop
    April 2008 – Fort Wilderness
    November 2004 – Off Site – Cypress Point Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tys_mommy View Post
    This got me to thinking, when you enter the parks early can you get fast passes before checking into your meals? I mean if you have an 8:30 reservation on a non-emh day can you get fast passes for lets just say Soarin on your way back to check in or do you have to wait until the park is officially open?

Also are all the fountians turned on that early? I know everyone tries to get early reservations at MK for castle pictures but I find EPCOT to be a beautiful park with lots to try to photograph.
    The park isn't open so I highly doubt you'd even get near Soarin' never mind the FPs.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you could get FP. We've done early ADRs at MK and they are pretty good about herding everyone in the right direction. Not sure about the fountain.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

They once let us get to our early character breakfast at The Y&B Club by entering Epcot at the main gate before the park was open, and walked through to exit at England.

Got a few looks from CMs but it all worked out well.

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

90, 92
    - Offsite
    04, 06 - Pop Century
    Jan/Dec 07 - SSR
    Mar 08 - SSR - Wrestlemania
    May 08 - Vero Beach "Girls Weekend"
    Feb/Aug 09 - SSR & CBR
    Jan 10 - SSR solo
    Next Trip
    Feb 11 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

This got me to thinking, when you enter the parks early can you get fast passes before checking into your meals?
    1) No.
    2) That would be cheating the system (besides, FP's are not turned on yet).
    3) And, unfair to other guests who must wait until park opening.
    4) Plus, that would allow you to walk the park.
    5) You can only walk to the breakfast, not stroll around.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) No.
    2) That would be cheating the system (besides, FP's are not turned on yet).
    3) And, unfair to other guests who must wait until park opening.
    4) Plus, that would allow you to walk the park.
    5) You can only walk to the breakfast, not stroll around.
    Exactly what he said. You can't even come to close to the major rides like Soarin...they have it roped off until park opening and CM's walk you over to the ride so that no one is stampeding to get there.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: