Quantcast Mnsshp or a water park?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: mnsshp or water park?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mnsshp

29 49.15%
  • Water park

25 42.37%
  • save the money and enjoy the 4 main parks

5 8.47%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mnsshp or a water park?

we recently decided to spend the extra $ and either attend mnsshp (we've been the last two years) or go to a water park( haven't been to either one ). Personally i would rather go to mnsshp, i think, but what do you guys think is the better value, cost is very close. travelers will be me34 dw30 dd10 ds8 and my niece13
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have attended MNSSHP the last couple of years I would say to try something new and do one of the water parks. We like BB the best but TL is fun too, with the shark swim-a-long pool and the new Crushin' Gusher. I always try to do something new at WDW so that would be my advice! Have fun no matter what you choose!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Had to go with MNSSHP. The parade and fireworks are definately worth the money alone and the park has a great atmosphere to it. Did I mentionthe Candy

I like the water parks but not a high priority for me I would much rather enjoy myself in the parks
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I love the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon, but I like the MNSSHP parade even more. Nobody does a parade like Disney. Seeing the Headless Horseman riding down Main Street U.S.A. with the castle in the baclground gives me goosebumps.
    My wife and I had tickets for MNSSHP on a Tuesday on one of our trips and we liked it so much that we bought tickets to go back again two days later.
    To me it's worth the money. The crowds have always been manageable, we like the decorations and we're going Nov. 1 this year on the day that we arrive. It's going to be a great way to get our vacation started.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I just posted on how much I loved the MNSSHP, but I just voted for the water parks. My reasoning is for the DS8. I have 2 boys and the one thing they love is the pools and the waterparks.

Of course you could always just ask the kids! You may be surprised by their vote!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to Typhoon Lagoon and it was really fun. I can't say anything about MNSSHP because I haven't been to it yet. I would go for the water parks if you think it is going to be warm there when you travel there, but if it isn't going to be that warm, go for the party!
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I havent' done either one, so I didn't vote, but I think from what I saw at Christmas with the "Very Merry" party - the parks seems very, very crowded for parties. Crowds give me claustrophobia, so I'd probably go to the water park!

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iluvdumbo View Post
    I've been to Typhoon Lagoon and it was really fun. I can't say anything about MNSSHP because I haven't been to it yet. I would go for the water parks if you think it is going to be warm there when you travel there, but if it isn't going to be that warm, go for the party!
    sorry we are going next month on the 3rd
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

I went with MNSSHP because it is sooooo much fun. But since you have done this for two years running the water parks, either one, would be a new experience and one you can't get elsewhere.
    Whichever way you choose, enjoy.

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gone for the water parks, we haven't done MNSSHP but for me the water parks are an integral part of a visit to WDW, we go to both every visit. The parties sound impressive in terms of theming, parades, ect but to me the water parks are whole new world to explore. Both are brilliantly and uniquely themed with some great rides for all ages.

As for Typhoon Lagoon vs Blizzard Beach. I don't know which I prefer, we have done both on all 3 visits, in 2001 we also did River Country but that has since closed. Both are themed beatifully and have some great rides. I enjoy the water parks as much as i do the theme parks, in fact last visit I think Typhoon Lagoon was one of my favourite days of the holiday.

Money no issue I would say a water park and MNSSHP complement each other well. Water Parks tend to close earlier (I think) as the appeal naturally decreases as it gets later and therefore cooler. This gives you the evening to spend elsewhere so once we're done at the water parks we head off towards one of the other parks. Sometimes we've done Magic Kingdom or Epcot, sometimes we've used it as a chance to see Fantasmic, Animal Kingdom isn't really an option as that also clsoes earlier. However thinking about it heading off for a party would be a great way to get the most out of your day. The party ticket will get you intp from 4:30 onwards with the part officially starting about 7:00 so assuming you leave the water park from 5:00-6:00 you'll have time to get ready and go to MK. Slightly more expensive option but a full (and fun) day out.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go to the waterpark that day and find a nice place to watch the MNSSHP fireworks from someplace outside of the park...that way you get the best of both.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

if you're adding the Water Park option on you can go every day of your stay as well and to Disney Quest and the sport facillity. I'm not sure what the difference in price is for a one day but the option is $50. a ticket I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by betteratmk View Post
    if you're adding the Water Park option on you can go every day of your stay as well and to Disney Quest and the sport facillity. I'm not sure what the difference in price is for a one day but the option is $50. a ticket I believe.
    Unless you are going to use the water parks and more option at least twice on a visit you won't get your money's worth. A single visit to a water park is cheaper than adding on the option.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've never been to a water park before but

it seems like a better value than the 5 hour party.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the Park Hoppers with the options it's a moot point. Options give you the water parks anyway. MNSSHP is worth the extra IMO.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSad View Post
    If you have the Park Hoppers with the options it's a moot point. Options give you the water parks anyway. MNSSHP is worth the extra IMO.
    Uh, what? That is about as clear as mud!

Park Hoppers give you the four main parks. You would need to add the "Water Park Fun and More" option.

The Park Hopper option is now $52 (plus tax) and the "Water Park Fun and More" option is also $52 (plus tax) now. (These prices are for adults, childrens prices are slightly lower.)

Personally, with the three kids, do the MNSSHP! Great parade, better fireworks, and CANDY!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted water park, but only because you've never been. Personally I'd rather do the party, but the water parks are a lot of fun and I think everyone should try them some time.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I love water parks. They are my favorite part of the trip.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    Uh, what? That is about as clear as mud!

Park Hoppers give you the four main parks. You would need to add the "Water Park Fun and More" option.

The Park Hopper option is now $52 (plus tax) and the "Water Park Fun and More" option is also $52 (plus tax) now. (These prices are for adults, childrens prices are slightly lower.)

Personally, with the three kids, do the MNSSHP! Great parade, better fireworks, and CANDY!!!
    I did say with options. I'm sorry I didn't use the "Water Park Fun and More part" To me it is the same thing. I think other people knew what I was getting at..

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot imagine going to WDW when MNSSHP is there and not attending one night!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site