Quantcast When does the magic wear off?? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    My view...

If you rely on money for the magic, it will wear off.

If you rely on Disney to be soley responsible for supplying the magic, it will wear off.

If you allow the actions of other to tarnish the magic, it will fade

But, if the magic is in you. If we use the surroundings, the cast members, the guests, and all that is Disney to come together, the magic will always be there.

But it's up to us, it's up to our attitude, it's up to our willingness to participate, it's up to our ability to see the delight in the eyes of a child of any age, and it's up to the pixie dust in each of us to be a part of bringing the magic to others, and in return to embrace the magic we see.

WOW....you brought a tear to my eye! My sentiments exactly!! I don't think the magic will ever fade for me. I miss being there about an hour after we leave!! Sometimes I start to miss being there while we are still there!! haha

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The magic never wears off because it's always about family and fun whenever we're there! I try not to let others' lack of decorum and patience interfere with the "family and fun" magic of the trip, although that can be difficult sometimes. Still, the magic glitters on...
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd agree that it's probably a case of the magic wearing off ONLY if you let it. The effort by everyone working there to keep it magical will do so as long as you go with the right attitude.

Admittedly we don't go often: 1998, 2001, 2004 then hopefully 2010 (if I keep saying it then it WILL happen!) so it isn't a risk for us. We had previously gone every 3 years and if we go 2010 it's a 6 year gap since our last visit. I think the fact we don't go often helps in some ways as even though we have been before the long wait means it stays feeling new and exciting rather than being at risk of becoming routine.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Rude guests can ruin the magic, but normally the magic wears off when we're leaving the park and going back home. Knowing we're leaving a magical place, and going back to reality does the trick.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

My view...

If you rely on Disney to be soley responsible for supplying the magic, it will wear off.

But, if the magic is in you. If we use the surroundings, the cast members, the guests, and all that is Disney to come together, the magic will always be there.

But it's up to us, it's up to our attitude, it's up to our willingness to participate, it's up to our ability to see the delight in the eyes of a child of any age, and it's up to the pixie dust in each of us to be a part of bringing the magic to others, and in return to embrace the magic we see.
    Could not have said it better!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh no!! Never seems to...the second I get back I want to go again and wish that I could get there more then once or twice a year!! Sometimes I might get annoyed by someone or something but generally it is forgotten within minutes.
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV
    2004-Jan off site
    2003-July FWC
    2003-Dec/Jan CS
    2002-June OKW
    2000-July POFQ
    1999-July OKW
    1998-July OKW
    Have a Disney Day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMistress View Post
    Rude guests can ruin the magic, but normally the magic wears off when we're leaving the park and going back home. Knowing we're leaving a magical place, and going back to reality does the trick.
    Rude guest ruins it for me. Christmas day 2007 was the worst trip ever. Crowds were shoulder to shoulder and while waiting for wishes to start there was several pushing, shoving, yelling, cussing matches.

Trying to get out of the park was horrible. More pushing, shoving, yelling, cussing guest.

Disney cast members was no where to be found to settle things down and direct people out of the park.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by starflyer59 View Post
    Rude guest ruins it for me. Christmas day 2007 was the worst trip ever. Crowds were shoulder to shoulder and while waiting for wishes to start there was several pushing, shoving, yelling, cussing matches.

Trying to get out of the park was horrible. More pushing, shoving, yelling, cussing guest.

Disney cast members was no where to be found to settle things down and direct people out of the park.
    Exactly why we don't go when it's so extremely crowded.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

I would also say the magic never wears off. I spent most of this morning talking to one of my coworkers about Disneyland and Walt Disney World the resorts, parks, attractions and everything else. When I was done he said, sounds like you're ready to go back ... I told him I'm always ready. Though, something in the park that ruins it, is always the person, or family trying to squeeze in at the last moment for a parade.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

My view...

Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaJ91 View Post
    WOW....you brought a tear to my eye! My sentiments exactly!! I don't think the magic will ever fade for me. I miss being there about an hour after we leave!! Sometimes I start to miss being there while we are still there!! haha
    glad to see i wasn't the only one no wait i think its smoke in my eye ya that's it smoke.

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think it wears off, but as others have stated we try to change our trips up a bit just so they don't get routine, i also think keeping the magic fresh by passing some magic on to other guests (giving fast passes,giving someone your rented stroller when your done, taking a picture for other guests) is a very important part of the magic. I'm not saying we don't have our meltdowns or bad moments but we usually move on past that quickly
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

As we're packing the car and we settle in for the long ride home........I hate going back to reality!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

For me, the magic never wears off...

It hit me on my last trip pretty much as soon as we got to the airport... I was a bit rosy from being in the sun all week and I was in the bathroom. Maybe its just me, but the guests at Disney are more friendly than in the "real world." Heck, we're all in the Happiest Place on Earth- literally for me- and everyone is chattier, laughs a little easier, etc.So I made a comment about my sunburn in the bathroom to a woman standing next to me in the mirror. She gave me the craziest "why is this strange lady talking to me" look I've ever received... That's when I realized... I'm not in Disney anymore.

Even my saddest moments in the park... Our last visit again 2006... We were at Epcot on our last night and for some reason we weren't going to be able to ride Soarin'. Neither of us had EVER ridden it and it was the ONLY ride that I'd never ridden... Needless to say I was pretty disappointed. So out of nowhere, a young lady came up to us and says... Hey, I've got these Fast Passes for Soarin' and we're not going to be able to use them, do you want them?

I could have kissed her!! Seriously. I think I teared up! I'll never forget that.
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've worked at WDW twice (once in the parks in 2002 for 7 months, and once in convention marketing out of Celebration for 10 months) so I went to the parks on a daily basis during those times. I can say that things in the parks do become more commonplace so you do notice little things here or there, mostly because you have more time to linger in the parks, therefore more time to notice things like that.

Obviously all those times I went weren't as magical as say when I used to only go every 2 years as a kid, but they were still magical none-the-less, just in a different way.

On the flip side, having all the time to spend in the parks, did allow me and my wife to enjoy and appreciate lots of the small things at WDW that otherwise you wouldn't have time to appreciate.

So I don't see it as less "magical," just different.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAJUNKING View Post
    i don't think it wears off, but as others have stated we try to change our trips up a bit just so they don't get routine.
    We have taken a similar approach to keeping it fresh by altering the time of year that we go...most of our early trips when our kids were younger were summer trips that were done in late may and early june.

When the kids got older and riding the thrill rides was more important to them we switched over to fall break trips around the first week of october when the crowds were lighter and you could pretty much ride all you wanted.

Now (with both kids in high school but having rode the rides mulitiple multiple times) we actually like to go during the super busy week between Christmas and New Years...we get to the parks early and ride until lunch time....then during the late afternoon we will usually go back to the resort for a nap or to lounge around the pool (if its warm enough) or perhaps visit other resorts and take in the decorations...before heading back for the tail end of which ever park is doing evening EMH.

That, by the way, is still the plan for this year and next year...after which things will change again when DD goes off to college and we have new scheduling parameters to deal with...could be we end up going in the late spring at that point.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Cat

A fews years back my DH and I went for 9 days. The last night as we were leaving Epcot I told him I thought I was Disneyed out. Well it only took about a year and a half to get the itch again so last Dec. My sister & I took my two youngest granddaughters. We stay at th G.F. had a great time except two days before we were due to leave on of mu G.D got the flu. I kind of stayed in the room with her while my sister took they other G.D. to the parks. All in all
    was a great trip, until I got home and tryed to use my Discover card at the grocery store.
    Went home and called them found out there had been some Charges that I had not made at a Wal-Mart in Kissimee, a few other places like a gas station and a resturant. Come to find out someone that had access to our room went in and took three of my cards out of the safe and
    had a great time. Then they returned them before we left the resort. At first we thought maybe someone had just stolen my #'s but all the charges where made on the same day Dec.11, 2008 with three differant cards. The magic sure wore off for me that year. Trying to get thing straightened out with the credit card companys and then I call the G.F. to let them know what had happened so they could check into it. That was no easy task either the first time I call they put me throught to this recording and when I left a message I never heard back. A few weeks later I called back and had to demand to speak to someone in security.
    I never did hear if the ever found the person responsable for this. I must admit I got the bug again and I'm going back for my birthday in Sept. WON'T BE PUTTING ANYTHING IN THE SAFE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renecat View Post
    A fews years back my DH and I went for 9 days. The last night as we were leaving Epcot I told him I thought I was Disneyed out. Well it only took about a year and a half to get the itch again so last Dec. My sister & I took my two youngest granddaughters. We stay at th G.F. had a great time except two days before we were due to leave on of mu G.D got the flu. I kind of stayed in the room with her while my sister took they other G.D. to the parks. All in all
    was a great trip, until I got home and tryed to use my Discover card at the grocery store.
    Went home and called them found out there had been some Charges that I had not made at a Wal-Mart in Kissimee, a few other places like a gas station and a resturant. Come to find out someone that had access to our room went in and took three of my cards out of the safe and
    had a great time. Then they returned them before we left the resort. At first we thought maybe someone had just stolen my #'s but all the charges where made on the same day Dec.11, 2008 with three differant cards. The magic sure wore off for me that year. Trying to get thing straightened out with the credit card companys and then I call the G.F. to let them know what had happened so they could check into it. That was no easy task either the first time I call they put me throught to this recording and when I left a message I never heard back. A few weeks later I called back and had to demand to speak to someone in security.
    I never did hear if the ever found the person responsable for this. I must admit I got the bug again and I'm going back for my birthday in Sept. WON'T BE PUTTING ANYTHING IN THE SAFE.

I really don't think there is any such thing as disneyed out, probably just exhausted that makes you think you are sick of it.

Things like stolen cards, stolen merchandise, bumped into by strollers, kids screaming, people being grumpy, these are are all variables in ALL situations, vacation or not. People say those things ruin a vacation, but really, in the world today, you have to expect these things to happen so you'll be prepared to handle them punctually and accurately and still keep moving on so it will not bring you down.

My last trip we had a terribly cranky person with us, she wanted to ride some rides that we didn't want to ride because of having to wait x amount of time for us while we were in line for other big attractions. She complained about everything and made some of us miserable at points of the trip, but in the end, we all still had a blast and the day I got back, I was ready to go again. I'm 20 years old and any vacation, anywhere will never replace how much fun Disney World is. There is something there for everyone.

I believe, and no offense to anyone on these boards, that if you feel "disneyed" out it's not because you're sick of the place, you may have just let the variables get to you a little too deep, or perhaps you're not as patient a person as you need to be to fully enjoy, not only at Disney, but a vacation anywhere in the US.

Again, I'm a young guy, but that is my opinion on the magic wearing off. I don't think it ever does, not even a little bit. The magic doesn't wear off on you, the bad traits of today's society wear on you and ruin your trip if you let it. For my family and I, it's all magic all day!

Post Thanks / Like

My view...

Beautifully said, Mark! I am still smitten by the magic of Disney and hope to never lose that feeling.
    Multiple wonderful trips; Next June 2012
    "All it takes is faith and trust...and just a little bit of pixie dust."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: