Quantcast Northwest/Delta Rage - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

My DH used to be the highest level platinum with Delta. We were going on vacation and they changed our times EIGHT times and never notified us (except 8th time when it was 2 weeks out), I always found the changes myself.

My personal favorite, our flight lands in Ohio at 3pm Ohio time, our connection to BOS leaves at 2pm Ohio time, ummm... slight problem!

What also makes me so mad about Delta is if you use miles they rarely let you fly non-stop. I was going to Atlanta, they made me change in Ohio going to their HUB! On the upside, if they change your flight by enough (and it is probably going to happen) you can call them and get it changed to a non-stop!

...and don't get me started on the luggage charges. Just thinking about it gets me mad!
    -Michelle

"I DO!" Engaged at MK Railroad Station overlooking Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 2/24/01.
    Raising a future Disney Freak.
    DD's 1st trip @ 9 weeks old (20 year anniversary of my first trip), been back every year since!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAndRedSox View Post
    ...and don't get me started on the luggage charges. Just thinking about it gets me mad!
    Michelle,
    Your last line is great! I just got an email yesterday that if you booked your tickets AFTER July 16, there is an additional $5 per bag charge (up to $20 now). We booked on June 15th, how much you wanna bet that since they made our changes on July 16, they try and stick me with that extra charge?! I could see them doing it, just to annoy me. Well, luckily I have my first receipt!

I've decided to check every few days. Just in case, you know?
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWCrazyKaren View Post
    Michelle,
    I just got an email yesterday that if you booked your tickets AFTER July 16, there is an additional $5 per bag charge (up to $20 now).
    I got an email from American saying the same thing. My flight is with Southwest, so no worries there.

I have booked with one of the baggage charging airlines if the cost of the flight with the charge comes up cheaper than a Southwest flight, but the last few times I've flown, that hasn't been the case.

Pretty soon they will be charging us to use the lavatories on the flights....
    - Ronni șOș
    DW 08/01 - AS Music | DW 05/05 - AS Movies | DL 09/05 - offsite
    DW 09/08 - POP
    | DL 01/09 - offsite | DW 08/09 - POP
    Someday.... DVC owner and AP holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LilRonGal View Post
    Pretty soon they will be charging us to use the lavatories on the flights....
    I can see the extra charges now . . .
    1) Lavatories
    . . . $2 for #1
    . . . $3 for #2
    2) Air
    . . . $3 for airplane air, if you want to breathe
    . . . $5 for airplane air, if you want it fresh
    3) Amenities
    . . . $5 for cabin pressurization.
    . . . $4 if you want a seat
    . . . $2 if you want a seat belt
    . . . $3 if you want a window seat
    . . . $9 if you want a window for the window seat
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    I can see the extra charges now . . .

. . . $3 if you want a window seat
    . . . $9 if you want a window for the window seat
    I do believe some airlines charge more for window/aisle seats already. Or was that a rumor I heard.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone remember Skybus? THAT was an airline that nickle and dimed the heck out of its passengers! Want a pillow? That'll be $3. Want a drink? That'll be $5, and don't you DARE try to get around it by bringing your OWN drink on the plane! They did have full meals for purchase, and again, you were not permitted to take your own food on the plane. They also had a cart of stuff that they'd parade up and down the aisle to buy during the flight: perfumes, bracelets, toys. Of course, there were baggage charges.

But then again, some of their fares were as low as $10, so.....

Needless to say, they are not around anymore!
    - Ronni șOș
    DW 08/01 - AS Music | DW 05/05 - AS Movies | DL 09/05 - offsite
    DW 09/08 - POP
    | DL 01/09 - offsite | DW 08/09 - POP
    Someday.... DVC owner and AP holder

Post Thanks / Like

Airtran just recently changed our Sept 09 flight without notice. I found the change when I was checking on another flight. We were flying from an airport 30 min away. I got lucky and got ahold of a very nice and helpful CSR (not always the case) who got us on non stops (to & from MCO) out of Indy which is 2 hours away. Not as convenient but we are still going to be at WDW in time to make our dinner at Ohana
    Offsite:73,77,79,82,92,94,98,00,04
    Onsite:Music 06,07 POP:07,08,09

Post Thanks / Like

While I live in Canada we fly from Detroit (DTW) and we've used NWA pre merger when the price was right, not flying enough to be elite the luggage fees have often lost the difference. We also frequently had issues with getting seats together (not to mention one pays for that)
    I'm now a southwest fan (and they do have direct to MCO we've flown it twice and will again in a few weeks), we can check luggage, we sit together, they have blackberry friendly check in.
    I'm not saying I don't check it but for us its really worked.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

We fly NWA all the time and we know to keep a close watch on or flights because NWA will move you around. And yes we do phone up and change our flights right back usually it only happens once. The reason we stick with NWA is we have never had actual flight issues with them.

Sorry for the problems you are experiencing. That would be frustrating.
    Kim & Danelle

August 2000 - All Star Movies
    August 2001 - All Star Music
    August 2005 - All Star Movies & Pop Century
    May 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
    September 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: