Quantcast Fantasyland Refurb: It's Official! - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this rumor is true, but I won't get my hopes up. I am fairly sure that Disney will be doing something for a certain upcoming anniversary, and I know though that there are too many rumors of a Fantasyland makeover to ignore but I don't think anyone really knows for sure about the specifics.

I will be really happy to see refurbishment of Fantasyland, it is definitely due for one, and a Dumbo expansion would be nice.

I agree that WDW's Towntoon is but a glimmer of what DL's is, and I won't miss it. I barely had time to like it (I grew up with Starland and Birthdayland,)and on my last two trips I didn't even pass through it.

I would really like to see more restaurants in MK in general, and I would be interested to learn what food would be served there. I am ever hopeful that more quick service options like Sunshine Seasons will open in other parks, and MK could really use some other than straight up American fair. I am doubtful that that will happen as the other, similar restaurant in MK, Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station went from good, to okay, to seasonal, to closed, and now to yet another hamburger place.

I can dream though that in the near future a restaurant will open that will make me break my rule, and the Unofficial Guide's rule, of never eating inside Fantasyland.

A bit rambly, and thank you for the information, GothMickey!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the best news! I hope it is true.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of these updates sound great, if they really do happen. I like the sound of a Be Our Guest restaurant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    One word ... CARS!!!!

Why in the world is there not a Cars attraction in Magic Kingdom??

I've said this a million times ... it could cost more than a couple hundred grand to give the Tomorrowland Speedway a Cars overlay. It's a NO BRAINER!

I think Disney World discriminates against boys. I'm filing a lawsuit.
    LOL... Cars in MK??? Oy.. Cars in Tomorrowland fits as bad as well Monster's Inc... Now, when we find out Tomorrowland Speedway is going bye bye, then, well, there would really be cause to celebrate... All I can picture in that area is... WONDERLAND!!! Imagine, Barnstormer rethemed to Cheshire Cat (happening, not Snow White)... The tea cups are already over there... Indy Speedway is out of place... Remove it (there have been whispers but nothing concrete)... Bring on ALICE!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

One word ... CARS!!!!

Why in the world is there not a Cars attraction in Magic Kingdom??

I've said this a million times ... it could cost more than a couple hundred grand to give the Tomorrowland Speedway a Cars overlay. It's a NO BRAINER!

I think Disney World discriminates against boys. I'm filing a lawsuit.
    I concur!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    LOL... Cars in MK??? Oy.. Cars in Tomorrowland fits as bad as well Monster's Inc... Now, when we find out Tomorrowland Speedway is going bye bye, then, well, there would really be cause to celebrate... All I can picture in that area is... WONDERLAND!!! Imagine, Barnstormer rethemed to Cheshire Cat (happening, not Snow White)... The tea cups are already over there... Indy Speedway is out of place... Remove it (there have been whispers but nothing concrete)... Bring on ALICE!!!!
    Well they're building Radiator Springs Racers at DCA right now. It's essentially Test Track technology with a Cars theme. Apart from 3-D films and Dumbo clones, I doubt Disney wants the parks, even the ones on different coasts to be too homogeneous to one another. This would explain why WDW hasn't gotten the Indiana Jones Adventure, a Matterhorn, 2 Fantasyland dark rides etc.

Plus, if the rumors I've been hearing are true and they are planning on making a Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction at Animal Kingdom, it would definitely shoot a Radiator Springs clone out of the water as JCE uses Test Track technology as well.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

LOL... Cars in MK??? Oy.. Cars in Tomorrowland fits as bad as well Monster's Inc...
    Actually at this point in might solidify the theme since it already has 2 Pixar based attractions. A simple name change could fix the entire mess
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticDargon View Post
    Well they're building Radiator Springs Racers at DCA right now. It's essentially Test Track technology with a Cars theme. Apart from 3-D films and Dumbo clones, I doubt Disney wants the parks, even the ones on different coasts to be too homogeneous to one another. This would explain why WDW hasn't gotten the Indiana Jones Adventure, a Matterhorn, 2 Fantasyland dark rides etc.

Plus, if the rumors I've been hearing are true and they are planning on making a Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction at Animal Kingdom, it would definitely shoot a Radiator Springs clone out of the water as JCE uses Test Track technology as well.
    I don't think Carsland will ever come to WDW. The rumors were that Carsland would take over the Backlot Tour area. But, that isn't happening as far as I know. As for JTTCOTE, the rumors are Animal Kingdom alright. Some parts of DisneySea will be making their way to each park in WDW. Just now sure which parts though.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Actually at this point in might solidify the theme since it already has 2 Pixar based attractions. A simple name change could fix the entire mess
    Just put Wall E in Space Mountain, remove SGE and make it Syndrome's Great Escape, turn CoP into Carousel of Pixar, and change Tomorrowland into Pixarland.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    I don't think Carsland will ever come to WDW. The rumors were that Carsland would take over the Backlot Tour area. But, that isn't happening as far as I know.
    I don't think the entire land will make it but they are suppose to expand the Pixar Place section and use portions of the Backlot area so there very well can be elements brought over especially to link the area to Lights Motors Actions.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Just put Wall E in Space Mountain, remove SGE and make it Syndrome's Great Escape, turn CoP into Carousel of Pixar, and change Tomorrowland into Pixarland.
    Why?

I don't think a Wall E angle to Space Mountain would be unreasonable at all if they wanted a character/merchandising tie in. Sure, lots of folks would gripe just as they do when anything changes, but I think it could be blended in.

"Carousel of Pixar", what would that be? Not sure what your vision of that would be. There would be an uproar if Carousel Of Progress were overlayed with anything. It's classic, it's Walt's.

And FYI - "Syndrome's Great Escape", Meet The Robinsons is not a Pixar production. Not that it should matter, after all Pixar ISDisney.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Why?

I don't think a Wall E angle to Space Mountain would be unreasonable at all if they wanted a character/merchandising tie in. Sure, lots of folks would gripe just as they do when anything changes, but I think it could be blended in.

"Carousel of Pixar", what would that be? Not sure what your vision of that would be. There would be an uproar if Carousel Of Progress were overlayed with anything. It's classic, it's Walt's.

And FYI - "Syndrome's Great Escape", Meet The Robinsons is not a Pixar production. Not that it should matter, after all Pixar ISDisney.
    I think it was all a joke?

Syndrome is indeed Pixar. He's from The Incredibles.

Post Thanks / Like

wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. i thought that blacklight rides were dark rides... if that's the case wdw has 2 fantasyland dark rides.... their matterhorn is wdw everest........

someone needs to explain this to me. what you are mentioning doesn't make sense. there is A LOT in common between the two.... just not exactly the same....

or am i wrong?
    once there was a princess who never let her imagination stop her from dreaming up scenes and stories as she walked around the park.
    so if you ever see someone talking to herself, that would be me.

Celestria
    p.s. i may be a disney fan, but i can't spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post

Oops, my bad. I knew it was the Incredibles, but my brain went to Meet The Robinsons. That's what I get for answering too early in the morning before the coffee kicks in.

And yes, I know, it was all a bit of sarcasm aimed at the "Pixar has invaded, and we must resist". I'll admit, I've crossed over to the Pixar is a part of the Disney family team. So to me, the inclusion of Pixar characters does not automatically need to be seen as a bad thing. It's not Pixar vs. Disney, it's not Pixar taking over. Pixar IS Disney should be represented with the same enthusiasm as traditional Disney characters.

So, on with the discussion of improvement ideas, and their positive and negative merits.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Just something to ponder when everybody starts complaining about Disney promoting Pixar, etc in their parks with each new film.

When Walt Disney was planning Disneyland, the castle was to be Snow White Castle, in honor of his first Princess. However, during this time, Walt was preparing for the release of Sleeping Beauty. So, to create a buzz for the movie, he changed the name to Sleeping Beauty Castle.

So even during Walt's time, Disney was using the Parks as a way to heavily promote his films and bring a synergy between what the studios were producing and what people experienced in the parks.

And since Disney owns Pixar now, it is only logical the parks would promote those movies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celestria View Post
    wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. i thought that blacklight rides were dark rides... if that's the case wdw has 2 fantasyland dark rides.... their matterhorn is wdw everest........

someone needs to explain this to me. what you are mentioning doesn't make sense. there is A LOT in common between the two.... just not exactly the same....

or am i wrong?
    Disneyland in California has Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Pinnochio's Daring Journey, Alice in Wonderland, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Pick out the ones MK has.

And on another note, while EE and Matterhorn may share some thematic elements, they are certainly NOT the same ride. Matterhorn has more in common with the MK incarnation of Space Mountain than it ever will with EE. And honestly, in terms of sheer fun/view/location, Matterhorn trumps EE in every aspect.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

What I want to know is, if Belle is getting a new storytime area then what will happen to its current location. I'm all for a Villains meet and Greet area there. After all, Belle's Storybook Theatre has overgrown shrubery and is in a rather dark area. I think it would bode well. Also, a few years ago at MNSSHP, the Treamine family had a meet and greet there. I think that when the new "Belle Storybook Attraction" opens, that Disney should convert the old "Storybook" attaraction into a Villains meet and greet!
    97'- Comfort Inn, Buena Vista
    99'- Courtyard, Downtown Disney
    00'- Marriott, World Center
    02'- Polynesian, Concierge
    03'- Yacht and Beach Club
    06'- Boardwalk
    07'- Coronado Springs
    08'- Boardwalk
    09'- Wilderness Lodge
    10'- Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post

Yes it was a joke and sarcasm. I have no problem with Pixar entering the parks. I was just trying to be sarcastic since people complain that there is too much Pixar in Tomorrowland. Kind of tongue in cheek humor. Maybe I failed.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!! That whole thread took me FOEVER to read!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Breochaid View Post
    I must agree with previous posters, I have never been thrilled with Toon Town either.
    We haven't been in years. Nothing there grabs me or my children. Seems like a great place to waste time but I'm not in WDW to waste time. I'm there to have as much fun as possible!!!

Quote Originally Posted by afowl1017 View Post
    Wow! Lots of changes! It is exciting when Disney changes and grows but a part of me is sad to see old memories go.
    Most people feel the same when approached by change. Change is difficult, especially for Disney nuts like us!!! But I for one am ready for some change in the MK. Walt's dream was that WDW would never be "done" just an ever evolving representation of imagination. I think if he were here he'd be ready for a change too.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    It looks and sounds like Princess Overload, call it Princess Land now. I'm not going to call it fake, but I have to question the authenticity because of the heavy influence of Princess-based attractions.
    The princess theme makes WDW a LOT of money! It makes sense that they are adding more princess based attractions, look at the ridiculous prices at the BBB and how booked it is. I for one think it's crazy (and I have 3 princesses) I do a better job on my DDs' hair. Just add a little glitter spray and a princess costume . . .

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    Does anyone think WDW ever purposely "leak" these plans out so they can get public opinion before they start? Or am I reading to much in this....I tend to over analyze
    I don't think you are being overly analytical at all. I think every business owner wishes that they could conduct a "free" public opinion poll of a proposed change prior to investing a large amount of revenue in a project. The chatter on these sites is the best way to accomplish such a task. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    Plus, those gals are a huge cash cow for Disney, it might look like "little-girl-land" to some, but I am sure it looks like ringing registers to the execs.

People are saying it is too girlie... Well, wait.. I am a grown man and I am loving what I see... Anything wrong with that?? LOL...
    Nothing wrong with that at all. I Love to see a man in touch with his inner girlieness!

But, if they are indeed planning to do away with Toontown, is there any sort of replacement targeted for younger audience?
    I have little children and they are enthralled with WDW as a whole but. . . Toontown doesn't do much for them. We won't be sad to see it go. We actually skipped it all together last year.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    To put it bluntly... Potter scares Disney. . . ‘So what are the boys going to be doing?” I’ll tell you what... the boys and a good number of girls as well (as well as many adults) are going to be making their plans to visit Islands of Adventure and the Wizarding World.
    I don't know why Disney should be scared of Potter. IMHO WDW is a vacation destination. We spend two weeks there at a time, easily. We NEVER leave the World and can't imagine Universal pulling people away from Disney completely. Sure people are going to be curious and Disney may see some short term losses but in the long run Potter will lose it's steam just like IOA did and WDW will still be at the top of their game. Potter is a fad WDW is a classic. IMHO it's as simple and as complicated as that. Plus many families have little girls and boys (like myself) I can't imagine telling my DDs that we won't be seeing Cinderella because we're going to "Wizarding World" Oh the mutiny! By the time my 4 month old son is old enough to know who HP is I truly believe the sensation will be close to over.

I think people will FLOCK to Universal to see Harry Potter.
    I think people may visit for the day but I'd be shocked to see it become a vacation destination like WDW. Universal would really have to step up to the plate and make some HUGE overall changes first.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I like IOA, but after visiting three times, I was sort of over it.
    My exact thoughts on HP.

Why? Because there's 1 random blueprint floating around the internet with no real explanation as to what it contains? There's only so much guesswork that we can do. Anything that Disney officially says about it is whats going to actually get us really excited.
    IMHO Disney like to catch people off guard and have center stage. With the leak it does steal some of the thunder. A HUGE project like this is somebody's baby and everyone wants to be the first one to present their new baby to the world.

This kind of stuff is really aimed towards the dweebs like us that are there 5 times a year or more.
    So true! I still love being a Disney "dweeb" No matter how funny people think it is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora's Mom View Post
    Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful if they had a "Hero's" Character Dinner.
    Love it!!! I miss the villians dinner they used to have at 1900 Park Fare!

ITA. I find it sort of annoying that all "boy" things have to be inclusive to girls, but the same doesn't apply to "girl" things.
    I'm sure your son would be more than welcome to have his hair and nails done in the BBB. My DH actually loves having manicures and pedicures! Some girls like to play like the boys. I can dress up in the finest dresses and shoes and never leave the house unless I am perfectly coiffed but I still love to drive my tractor and my dump truck. Boys just don't like to share! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    I don't think that is allowed to be done today. Very sad.
    Again, you boys and your toys, always so territorial. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Dude, we need to have a beer. Men drinking beer while talking about Disney World. The concept boggles the mind.
    Uh. . . did you say "dude"? That caught me a little off guard! LOL! Always so propper then out comes "dude"!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

wow... way to knock at all opinions from all angles all at one time! That is impressive to say the least!

I think these plans are gonna go through as well as Space Mountain refurb actually being a big event.

I believe the World has a lot of change that is ready to be put in place and that possibly, since the 40th is coming up, some things may surface as a teaser just to see what us Disney freaks will think before making the plans go through.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: