Quantcast Alaskan Cruise - Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alaskan Cruise - Day 4

Cruising through Icy Strait Point

Today was an at sea day, and we had a blast!!!

Started off by taking a line dancing class with DH. We were having so much fun, that we missed the Name that Tune contest. We did catch part of it on our way out though.

We had lunch at the Windjammer. They had hamburgers and hot dogs bbq'd out by the outdoor swimming pool in honor of it being the 4th of July. It was difficult to find a place to sit to eat though.

Afterwards, I went and took a nap. (It was hard to switch back to day shift.) Mom went to her room and took a nap too. Tom and Jeff explored the ship some more. The kids hit the teen center again.

It was formal dinner night. We all got dressed up and had our pictures taken against several back drops. DD griped and complained about having to wear a dress, but she's so girly, I suspect it was all a facade. I'll try to scan those pics in and get them posted.

After dinner, Mom, DD and I went to the spa for Ladies' Night Out. We sat in the steam room first. Then we got a massage, a facial, and a hair conditioning treatment. Afterwards, we were supposed to get chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne. I got done first and had one strawberry and my glass of champagne. I took the last strawberry. The advertisement had said "chocolate covered strawberries", so we were all bummed. Mom and DD didn't get anything, because Mom doesn't drink and DD can't. I expected them to do something to comp them, like say we'll have some delivered to your room, but they didn't. Fortunately, my travel agent had sent chocolate covered strawberries to our rooms when we boarded, so they weren't completely out of luck.

Afterwards, Mom and Jeff went to bed. (Jeff wakes up at 4 am everyday, so they go to bed early.) DS & DD headed back to the teen center, and Tom and I went to a karaoke type contest. The staff would play part of a song, and the contestants had to sing the next line or two. We had a blast!! Afterwards, we watched some of the entertainment in the Centrum. They had some great performers in the Centrum, and on many nights we would prop our room door open to listen while we relaxed on the balcony. I can not say enough about how great our room was.

I also stayed out and got some "sunset" shots, but it never got really dark. That made it harder for me to switch back to day time hours. I know, what a terrible life I lead.

While DH and I were walking around the boat and checking out the scenery, I got hungry. The Windjammer was closed, so we went looking for the Seaview Cafe. It was a great little restaurant tucked away at the back of the ship behind the kids' water park. We stopped in here at various times throughout the week, and it was never packed. DH tried different kinds of soup there and loved each one. My stepfather loved the fish and chips. I enjoyed the onion rings and nachos.

We made sure the kids were in their rooms at 1 am - the teenagers mandatory curfew, and turned in ourselves in anticipation of our first day of port in Ketchikan.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are utilizing everything the ship has to offer!
    Christi, what cruise line is this? Royal?
    Sounds like the kids were hanging out together and going places together that must have been easy, not worrying about them being off on their own.
    I would love to do the alaskan cruise, but like I told you my family is kinda skittish about going to alaska because of my aunt
    can't wait to hear more,
    I hope you get the pictures up
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to post the most ironic thing that happened to us. We also attended a Cruise Critic meet 'n mingle. The guy who took DD & my picture at the muster drill was there. His screen name was WifesChef, and we had a good time meeting him, his wife and his daughter. We kept running into them throughout the cruise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    Sounds like you are utilizing everything the ship has to offer!
    Christi, what cruise line is this? Royal?
    Sounds like the kids were hanging out together and going places together that must have been easy, not worrying about them being off on their own.
    I would love to do the alaskan cruise, but like I told you my family is kinda skittish about going to alaska because of my aunt
    can't wait to hear more,
    I hope you get the pictures up
    I have pics I took up on Webshots if you click on my homepage link. There's 800 of them. Eventually I will get them sorted out. I have to scan in the formal pictures some day though.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day...looking forward to reading more!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: