Quantcast Dou You Wear NEW Clothes to Disney Parks? - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends. If I need new stuff, I will buy it. But I always try to look good. Mostly because I don't want to look at my pictures later on and think, why did I dress like such a slob?

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our first trip we bought all new clothes, but after that I decided nobody cared if I had new clothes on. I'd rather use that money to make our trip extra special, like using it instead to buy Cirque du Soliel tickets or something. We don't dress like slobs though, just decent looking clothes we already have.
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

I usually wear shorts and a tank top, flip flops and my tigger ears.
    Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely not! I adhere to the three "C"s. Cool, comfortable, and casual. We don't dine anywhere on property that has a specific "dress code". What I put on in the AM, is what I'm wearin in the PM. (unless we get unusually hot and sweaty, or wet). That being said, I do not condone overly revealing, inappropriate, or sloppy attire for me DH, or DD!
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I wear my most comfortable clothes. Nothing new.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

guilty as charged!

I get very caught up in the excitement and go buy new clothes for the trip. (and I'm a guy!) The mrs makes fun of me for it at times, but I do want to look reasonably good for it. (not dressin up per se, just new tshirts or newer clothes. comfy is key) I even wear new shoes there, but I don't recommend that for everyone, since sometimes they don't fit just right and cause issues. Either way, I just figure since this is my favorite place in the world, I should dress a little bit better!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    I always wear nice clothes (not fancy, but casual) at Disney. I Never dress sloppy, always do my hair and make up.

Most every season we all get new clothes so I guess all of our clothes are new. We don't have "old" clothes. The old stuff doesn't fit anyone or isn't in style anymore if it does. I buy some things especially for our Disney trips but nothing insane. Actually, I buy Dh quite a few new things before our trip. We always dress in nice clothes and I love to make sure we all coordinate for pictures (Mostly sundresses and skirts. I only own one pair of shorts and very rarely wear them). No two outfits can clash! LOL! I never leave my house without my hair fixed and makeup on so it certainly isn't happening in WDW. And the kids always have their hair fixed. I love to have us all looking nice. I feel better when we are all put together. A bit vain I'll admit but hey it could be worse!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I DO! We usually go in the fall so all the summer clothes are on sale. I usually pick up shorts, tanks, etc. to take on vacation. They are usually comfy clothes... maybe something for one of the signature TS. I also go to the Disney store and see what t-shirts they have on sale. Last year I bought a few for DH and I for $5 each. I surprise him with his.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I always love to get nice, new clothes for the parks (park attire). I tend to kind of "dress up" for the parks, and always wear nice tops, shorts/bermudas/capris, cute sandals, and nice jewelry. If I do wear a tee shirt, it has to be a girly fit with some flash to it.

Hair and makeup is always done to the nines, too.

That's just me....I like to look nice for pictures. I'm still comfy, though.

If dinner is at a resort, I ALWAYS dress up! I love high heels, fancy dresses or outfits, and lots of bling. I also like to get a little dressed up (nothing too fancy) if we dine at Epcot at night. Nothing extravagant, but nicer than my park attire.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Each time we seem to visit Disney we pick up a new shirt for a future visit. Not into T's but good quality shirts. Also, the Mickey Tennis socks are great too.

All of our Disney Clothes are packed away in a storage tub and when we prepare for our trip, the tub comes out and those are the clothes we take. We only use these clothes for Disney vacations so they get minimal use and last for years.

People will ask "where did you get that shirt?" often since many are vintage and in great condition. The shirt that I get the most notice from is my Disneyland Paris Rugby shirt ... everyone loves that one, especially the CM's at the France Pavilion.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't go out intentionally buy new clothes, but clothes I've bought in the past couple months before hand I usually wear. And I usually some of my favorite clothes too. Y'know, to look good in pictures :P
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I don't buy new clothes. We don't wear rags, but nothing is new for vacation. If we need extra shorts or camp shirts, I buy them at the Salvation Army. That way the kids can do whatever they want to these clothes, and I'm not bummed out about it. (Chocolate ice cream down the front of a light colored shirt? No problem!)

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up As my sons would say...Cha-ching!

YES! Our first trip, as a family, I bought everything new...head to toe. Now, I buy new shirts, socks, underwear and shoes. The only thing I recycle are shorts and jackets(they are Disney themed anyway).
    I even buy shirts while I'm on non-Disney vacations! I bought several shirts for the family when we were on vacation in Wisconsin Dells...they have a Disney Store in their outlet mall.
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Post Thanks / Like

I never ever buy new clothes for Disney. We are a very casual family, very punk rock in our attire, so who's going to know or care if our Danzig and Green Day t-shirts are new or old? One year I did buy my DS new sneaks before Dis because his were looking like they were about to fall apart. That's how we normally like them, but this was ridiculous! Anyway, the whole time, he complained about the shoes being uncomfortable, so now if anyone's shoes are on their last legs (laces?), we buy new ones at least a month prior to the trip.

This year I did splurge on a new nose stud for Disney, however! My prior one was a hoop and I was paranoid about getting it caught on a fursuit when I hugged the characters.

Loyal WDW Fan Since 1983!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll buy a few outfits, but not an entire visit to WDW. DH and I always visit at least two nice restaurants, so we want to dress nicely instead of wearing a WDW shirt and sweat pants.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: