Quantcast Toddlers Left Alone @ CBR - Guardians at Pool!! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post

As to her loosing her job, it might not be possible (unless she misses to much time due to court appearances,etc). Remember I don't think a school can leagally remove her from her post, at least untill convicted. In the same breath, I would not want her counseling my kids- so if I lived in that district, I would make sure the principal and superintendant know this, and I would make all the other parents aware...

I think it would be appropriate if convicted for a sentance of these childrens ages (ie 2-4 or 6) for these 2 ...
    She could hopefully lose her job if there is a morals clause or something like that in her contact.
    I pray that she is kept far far away from any child
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad someone was able to intervene before these kids were (again) left at home alone. Having operated a daycare for 21 years, I shutter to think of what a toddler can do in a few minutes.. choking being my biggest concern.

Seriously, these people were expected to keep those children in their site at all times. Toddlers can't take care of themselves in emergencies.. and we all know those happen.

For instance, this past Saturday, here in West Kelowna, people were out shopping when they found out they couldn't return home due to a forest fire that swept into their neighborhood. Thousands of people were evacuated. How would those children have been evacuated if home alone?

I'm not sure how to fix foster care, and I know very good foster parents who dedicate their lives to kids, but knowing people like this can slip through the system scares me.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

this is such a sad, sad story. I feel so badly for those little ones. Thankfully they didn't get hurt, so many horrible things could have happened in such a short time. I am, however, happy these parents were 'caught'. Hopefully, these children will now be placed with better foster parents who love them and actually care for them responsibly.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

This is very sad indeed. These children were not only neglected, but then are now uprooted from their home once again.

It says that they were found about 2 hours after the children were discovered. They also mentioned that the kids were napping when they decided to go to the pool The kids coul have been alone for 4 hours! Did they really expect the 4 year old to nap that long?

I'm not going to say anything about what the kids were wearing, because the diaper only outfit is a constant at my hous ( )

Kids that age can get into so many dangers. Take just yesterday with my 19 month old. I brought the baby in the house, ran back out to the car and right back in again and he had already knocked down the bird cage and was standing on the dining room table! In a matter of maybe a minute in a half he could have seriously hurt himself twice! I can't imagine having two close to the same age, running around a hotel room unsupervised!

We become parents, whether naturally, adoptive, or fostering, and our lives change. Sacrifices must be made to ensure the safety and well being of the child that we are blessed with. If you must forgo a dip in the pool while the kids nap, then skip the pool. Or better yet, wait the hour until the kids wake up and take them swimming too! That's why you take family vacations!
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

I read from one of the papers that they had their six year old nephew with them too. Would you leave your child with a relative who normally just left their own whenever they wanted? Did the state take the nephew back too or just left him since he was with them at the pool when they were finally found?

Post Thanks / Like

This is so sad, these poor kids deserve so much better from their foster parents. The only good to come from this is the kids will find new parents who will hopefully take better care of them and be responsible.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

For those wondering, this did hit the newspapers up here in Michigan. The couple live in Grand Blanc Township, which is a mildly affluent suburb of Flint and about 70 minutes north of Detroit.

Here's the link to the article...needless to say, Grand Blanc is a small community, so the news will spread quickly.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...ey_resort.html

also in the Detroit Free Press

http://www.freep.com/article/2009072...ect-in-Florida

and it was also on the Detroit Local TV News.

It has been reported that the two kids are back in Child Protective Services here in Michigan and will be placed in a different home.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's good news. Hopefully they will still keep them together.

Post Thanks / Like

How come these 2 look so angry in their mug shots? It's not like they did anything wrong! I'm glad the kids were found and that they were ok. Hopefully they'll be placed with someone who'll treat them like they are special!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PAYROLL PRINCESS View Post
    How come these 2 look so angry in their mug shots? It's not like they did anything wrong!

oh I love the sarcasim.
    here is hoping that those kids get a real disney trip...

Post Thanks / Like

This is just plain stupidity. These people should punished to the full extent of the law. On a side note I have been trying for the last 2 yrs to get a job as a teacher and idiots like this lady has a job. I am a career changer and have decided that teaching is where I feel I can make a difference. And then we wonder why our education system has so many problems.
    PharmD
    Off Property 76,82,92,97,98,99
    ASMov 5/00,1/02,9/03,1/06,12/03,8/08
    ASSports 12/01
    ASMus 3/02,7/02
    PopCe 4/04,5/04,10/05
    PORS 10/06,10/10
    CSR 10/09
    POFQ 11/11
    CB 6/12
    CB 5/13
    Disney Fantasy 10/15

Next Renewal of Magic:
    PopCe 8/16

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!!! Makes me think of little Mattie...you know, the little girl left in her hotel room while her parents were out dining...we all know how that turned out! How fortunate the tots were found by CMs before they wandered out of the room! And the adults...obviously NOT in the foster care program for love of children! And a counselor? What employer missed THAT background check?
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL