Quantcast January trip--MLK weekend busy?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default January trip--MLK weekend busy?

We are planning to travel during January from the 15th through 18th for a quick trip. My DD will turn 14 during this trip and her only wish is to be able to go to HS on her actual birthday and audition for the American Idol Experience. Since we are DVC members and can stay on points and have annual passes, we think we'll surprise her with a trip! This is Martin Luther King Jr weekend. Has anyone been during this time? Is it busier than normal? I assume it will still be less busy than our recent trip this summer, but I'm just curious....Thanks!!
    Wendy

"Everybody wants to be a cat. Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at."

Upcoming trips:
    August 2018: Honeymoon trip for DD and her new husband
    September 2018: Food and Wine trip
    March 2019: Disneyland Food and Wine trip?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

hello there fellow iowan! We usually go in January and have been during MLK. It's a little busier, but definitely still nice! There's still not long waits for anything. You'll have a good time!
    Disneyland Jun 01'
    ASM Jan 04'
    PC Jan 05'
    PC Jan 07'
    PC Jan 08'
    PC Jan 09'
    POR Sept 09'
    Disneyland July 10'
    POR Sept 11'
    Disneyland July 12'
    POR Nov 13'
    Disneyland 14'
    POR Jan 15'
    POR July 17'
    Disneyland July 17'
    Disneyland Paris Mar 19'
    Disneyland July 19'
    PC Sept 19'

Post Thanks / Like

I've been that weekend 2 years in a row. Both years we had cooler (one year was COLD) weather and it was very crowded. After the monday holiday, the crowds lessen significantly but the weekend was very busy. The big rides had waits of 90 minutes.
    There also seemed to be a lot of school trips during that time.

Post Thanks / Like

A little busier but nothing like peak season. With Fast Passes you should be fine!

My DH comes only comes for a long weekend when I go with my parents in Jan. He has no patience for lines and he has always done fine that weekend! LOL
    -Michelle

"I DO!" Engaged at MK Railroad Station overlooking Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 2/24/01.
    Raising a future Disney Freak.
    DD's 1st trip @ 9 weeks old (20 year anniversary of my first trip), been back every year since!

Post Thanks / Like

We went in 2008 that weekend...I was sooo nervous hearing how it gets crowded...However I was VERY happy with the turn out. Was not bad AT ALL! I mean if you have only been when there was NO One..then maybe it would be a little more...but it was not bad at all. The only time I thought it was a bit much was watching wishes that Sat. I will do that earlier in the trip this time...not on MLK weekend. We will be there the same time as you. We will be there Wednesday- Monday.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: