Quantcast 180 Day ADRs Returning?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 180 Day ADRs Returning?

{Some other sites} are reporting that 180 day ADR's may be returning due to complaints from guests...

I for one hate this idea... I mean, 6 months out is really terrible to plan dining... Especially if they don't release park hours 6 months in advance.... I think 90 days out is a lot better...

Your thoughts???
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i think 90 days is great too! The truth is, does it matter if it is 90 or 180? as long as they keep in consistent then you always have a fair shot. Why change it again? I say leave well enough alone.

plus, 90 days gives us the most recent updates on food quality!
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I would imagine a lot of changing ends up happening with the 180 day rule since the park hours don't come out until 90 prior....people booking, then canceling if they change their park plans for that day. I had heard that rumor as well and we'll see what happens.
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

The coplaints you are talking are now all in the past. The problem was how the change from 180 days to 90 days took place. It was my understanding that the rule change happened on a certain date which excluded people from making their resrvations while other who booked earlier and fell under the 180 day rule already had their done for the same time period. It was poorly executed on Disney's part now it just needs to level like it has been doing.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

When i phoned a few weeks ago to book our holiday i was told although it was still 90 days to book ADRs and preffered viewing, to keep checking because it could change at some point.
    What if it does change and i miss it, leave well alone i say.
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really like it when it changed from 180 to 90 but what difference does it really make? No matter how many days out you are, you still have to do it if you want in anywhere...I wish that it could be easier to just get there then decide day to day where you want to go and not have to pre-plan what you are doing 3 mths. in advance...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

The days long ago when you could just walk up to a restaurant and get a seat are long gone I am afraid. The days of walking to a kiosk and talking to a TV monitor with a dining CM on the other end are long gone too. Making ADRs 180 days, 6 months in advance is really a hassle and uncalled for in my honest opinion. I think 90 days out is much better. It also does not matter if you book 90 or 180 days out because with this free dining program, none of the popular places will be available anyway.

Leave it at 90 and let's be done.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am in the minority, but I loved making ADRs 180 days out. Of course, they used to also have the calendar out at 180 days also.
    So, if they were going to change it, then they would need to change the calendar out as well.

Mostly I liked it 180 days out for the advantage it gave to those who have their vacations planned a year in advance (or 6 months in advance). The advantage it gave is that a lot of people do not know when they want to go at 6 months out. They do not even know if they want to go to Disney. But, by 3 months out, most people are ready to start planning. Therefore, it is harder for us early planners to get the dining we want... I hope that makes sense.

With all that said, I do not really mind 90 days, but I do miss 180 days.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not make it 30 days and one day at a time?

That way those who make reservations are pretty much guaranteed to at least be on WDW property as the 45 day cancellation period would be over.

That would also make it more sure that the restaurant will even be open (see Spoodles/Kouzzina.)

When it comes right down to it, the number of days prior to arrival for making ADRs is arbitrary, at best.

IMHO:
    Park Hours, which I believe to be more important, should be posted no less than 3 calendar months in advance and should include all 'park closing' shows/after hours parties/EMH's/etc. -- dining should be no more than 45 days out, agreeing with the reservation cancellation policies.

Post Thanks / Like

Nooooooooooo! I never have the chance to book my trip 180 days out, the 90 day rule made it more equal opp for me!!
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FriendsofMickey View Post
    I guess I am in the minority, but I loved making ADRs 180 days out. Of course, they used to also have the calendar out at 180 days also.
    So, if they were going to change it, then they would need to change the calendar out as well.

Mostly I liked it 180 days out for the advantage it gave to those who have their vacations planned a year in advance (or 6 months in advance). The advantage it gave is that a lot of people do not know when they want to go at 6 months out. They do not even know if they want to go to Disney. But, by 3 months out, most people are ready to start planning. Therefore, it is harder for us early planners to get the dining we want... I hope that makes sense.

With all that said, I do not really mind 90 days, but I do miss 180 days.
    You hit it right on the head. Disney was seeing a trend of people booking trips closer to their actual travel date, and no longer a year in advance. Supposedly this is why the ADR time frame was changed to 90 days. 90 days, as you said, gives more people a chance to book dining. 180 days will shut a lot of guests out, and in my opinion, that just isn't right.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

90 days out is plenty of time. I know some people who decided not to take a trip when it was at 180 days because they knew they couldn't get any dining reservations they wanted since their trip was sooned than 180 days. Most people know they are going to WDW at least 90 days out which makes it fair to almost everyone.

I wish Disney would go back to their 80% of seating reserved for ADRs and 20% percent reserved for walk ups policy.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I wish Disney would go back to their 80% of seating reserved for ADRs and 20% percent reserved for walk ups policy.
    I do too, but, this is all about maximizing profits despite the burden it places on guests. After all, Disney cares only about their stock price, shareholders and their bottom line, not the guests.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    {Some other sites} are reporting that 180 day ADR's may be returning due to complaints from guests...

I for one hate this idea... I mean, 6 months out is really terrible to plan dining... Especially if they don't release park hours 6 months in advance.... I think 90 days out is a lot better...

Your thoughts???

Well for me it's all about Park Hours ( so in a way, I agree with you ). I don't like booking meals when I don't even know what will be open when ( and we like EMH too, so that has an impact ). So 90 days is just fine by us.
    Stephane Morrell

[B]"Here we see Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous scientist Albert Falls"

Next Trip March 2008 - AKV/BCV split stay

Post Thanks / Like

Even me, a compulsive planner, prefers 90 day ADRs. 180 days out to plan your meals (thus, park choices for the day) is ridiculous. And while "I" know to plan that far in advance I really feel for the newbies who save, save, save for their possibly once in a lifetime trip to WDW and then get shut out of every TS restaurant.
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    IMHO:
    Park Hours, which I believe to be more important, should be posted no less than 3 calendar months in advance and should include all 'park closing' shows/after hours parties/EMH's/etc. -- dining should be no more than 45 days out, agreeing with the reservation cancellation policies.
    I completely agree with this! Recently I had to make my dining reservations and when I went to check the parks calendars, they were not yet completed. This did not make me very happy! We wound up changing some of our adrs because we wanted to see fantasmic and spectro magic and didn't know when they would be taking place. Thankfully though we were still able to get in everywhere we wanted

Post Thanks / Like

I like the 90 days better.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I also like the 90 days better... as nice as it was to be able to enjoy planning 180 days out, I wasn't always sure myself of exactly what we were going to be doing reservation-wise, let alone eating!! Now, being 3 months out and having the calendar that much closer to our actual dates, it gives me a much better of what we want to be doing, rather than trying to think out 6 months from now. I hope they keep it as it is!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care that much about 180 days or 90 days. I believe it's more important that Disney reduces the number of no-shows, because I think that number will rise as a result from the online ADR system. People are making multiple ADR's for the same time-slot, keeping their options open. Maybe it's time that Disney starts charging a small fee for an ADR (app. $2), which can be deducted from the bill or reimbursed if the ADR is cancelled within a certain time frame.
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

Like a PP said: I don't mind the 90 days, but I do miss 180 days. I'm also in the minority, but I am the person that knows where she wants to eat 180 days in advance.

A few weeks ago I called exactly 90 days from my check-in day, and I really didn't get what I wanted both restaurant & time-wise. This made me long for the 180 days time-frame that much more.
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: