Quantcast Estes Park...Where to stay?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Estes Park...Where to stay?

We will be traveling through the Estes Park/Denver area for 2 nights this summer and I'm trying to figure out a nice place to stay with the family (DH, S12, D6). I want somewhere kids friendly, that gives us great views of the mountains and somewhere that isn't run down or old (as I am finding alot of places in the area to be). I would appreciated any suggestions.

Thank you.....wish we were going to Disney World!!!
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy! The amount of places to stay at in Estes that are family friendly is endless. They have anice Holiday Inn with indoor pool very close to the action in town. There is also the Stanley - a lot of fun to stay there!! Pretty much all the hotels in the area are family frie It is just how close to the center of Estes you would like to be. Do you want something where you look out the window and see Elk and Deer or would you rather be close to town? We live about 45 minutes from Estes and have stayed in many of the hotels. We like to do weekend getaways up there. When are you coming out this way?
    In Denver there are an array of hotels. I don't have much info on them as we don't venture to Denver often. My DH does not like it. Lots to do there!
    Depending on what you want to do may determine where you want to stay. Denver the big city with all the big city things to do (amusement park, aquarium, museums,etc.). Estes Park tucked in the mountains right outside of Rocky Mountain National Park. Very cute area with lots to do and see! It is about an hour between Denver and Estes Park.
    Last edited by Zippy 1; 06-11-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: adding info

Post Thanks / Like

We used to visit Estes Park just about every summer, but we actually stayed in Grand Lake (at the other end of Trail Ridge Road). Unfortunately, I can't recommend any places since we stayed at my Dad's boss' cabin, but it was very a really cute town, so you might consider looking there as an option.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I know you said you didn't want anything old, but the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park is REALLY nice, if you'd be willing to reconsider. They have pool and restaurants. The rooms have all the amenities of a new hotel such as hairdryers and wireless internet. Estes Park is cool town too. Have fun wherever you end up staying!

Post Thanks / Like

Castle Mountain Lodge is the best The staff are great. They have tons of games in the office to take to your cabin. But the scenery is the very best from there. They feed the Elk or Moose can't remeber what they are but they are gorgeous and come right into the grounds and are not afraid of people. It will be the best stay you have ever had and want to go back. We want to go so bad this year but are going to try Cripple Creek mainly because we can rent a big beautiful new cabin for 400.00 for 7 nights. You can see it on line and they have a live web cam. These people keep the grounds in pristine condition. You will not be disappointed I promise . They also have rooms that are log cabin looking, an indoor pool jacuzzi room. Oh and you can see big horn sheep on the huge mountain across the road.The stream Falls river runs right there on the property or thru it and has some of the bes stream fishing as well. The Stanley is quite pricey and does not have the mountain cabin ambiance?? the castle Mountain Lodge has. The place is almost at the entrance to Rocky Mountain state park so it is close to down town and park entrance if you should choose to drive it.
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

Smile funny estes park memory

I have to write this....
    DH and I spent 1/2 night in a state park in Estes Park on our honeymoon! We set up a tent in the snow, and we were the only people in the entire park(mid-April). While DH started a fire, I walked in the woods, and found dear, rabbit, and bear print and followed them for a while, then went back to our tent. I was raised in the country and have a great sense of direction. When I got back to the tent, DH was gone. I started setting up for dinner(hotdogs), and heard him calling and calling in a panic for me, so I blew the car horn to let him know I was back at camp. He came RUNNING down from the hills to me, fell on his knees out of breathe, and about to cry-he thought I had been walking and the bear was following/eating me!
    We only stayed 1/ 2 the night, cause by 2am I was freezing cold, we didn't have any real camping gear-just bedding from home, and one sleeping bag. Being a new husband, my DH rolled the tent up, and crammed everything into his trunk and drove me back to our apartment at Lowry AFB in Denver without one complaint!
    I think we should have stayed at the lodge-it sounds great!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's great to read all these because I had the same lodging question as well. DH used to go to Estes park every year growing up so we went 2 years ago. I rented us a cabin at Jelly Stone Park, but it was a few miles outside of town. We have thought about that Holiday Inn in town, but my in-laws might go with us this year and would like to stay in a cabin. If anyone can suggest a cabin that will house 8 people for a decent price, let me know
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stanley

The Stanley is a beautiful hotel- we stayed there one night, and loved it! It has a great view, great rooms with comfy beds (which are hard to find in a lot of hotels anywhere, really), a pool, and a nice outdoor porch area.

I also want to throw this in: don't stay at the Travel Lodge! We had booked two nights there, and it was so horrible we canceled after our first night (when we moved to the Stanley). Our bedding smelled really bad, kind of like mildew, the room was cramped and uncomfortable, and it was just unpleasant. The photos we had seen online looked nice, but it was actually pretty rundown (our room was anyway).

Have a great trip- Estes is beautiful!
    Disney dreaming in progress....

April 2016- Polynesian!

May 2014- Animal Kingdom Lodge!

August 2010- Polynesian!

May 2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge!

July 2008- Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would have to try the Stanley Hotel just for the fun of it.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We've always rented houses, but we stay for 7-8 nights. Have fun, it's BEAUTIFUL there!

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

We were just there in mid-June. We didn't stay there, but that is a beautiful area. We loved driving through the Rocky Mountain National Park and all the way up to Alpine ridge. We saw lots of snow which was a treat for me. I've never seen snow. We also saw elk and a couple of moose. I would LOVE to go back and spend several days exploring the area in and around Estes Park. Have fun!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Share This Thread On Social Media: