Quantcast Haunted Mansion experience ruined - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

It was like that at Thanksgiving. The crowd pushed so hard, it actually pulled my six year-old daughters hand out of mine. I couldn't see her for a couple of seconds, found her crying, had to pick her up and hold her until we got into our buggy. HM scared the bejeezus out of her: before she even experienced the ride !!!!
    All-Star Sports

Let's Go.........Mountaineers !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading these posts is making me feel a little nervous, we have always gone late february and never had this problem.next year we're going last week in May for 2 weeks. Hope we've done the right thing?
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I have seen this on rare occasions when they had to stop the ride to allow a guest needing special assistance to board which backs up the loading process and the CMs working the Stretching Rooms which are set on a timed schedule are unaware this is happening and continue to allow people to enter the Stretching Rooms.
    I was not aware that there was more than one stretching room. How many are there? I've never felt that I was being led to the right or left when entering. I will have to pay more attention this year.
    Before Kids:
    Off-Site - September/91 & September/92

With Kids:
    Off-site - November/03 & September/05
    FREE DINING:
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/06 (w/ my parents)
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/07
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/08 (w/Bro's family)
    POP Century - Sept/09 (NO KIDS!!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

DisneyFreak2002, no large crowds don't bother me it was the craziness and people shoving around like cattle, what ruined the experience of the ride was I have always enjoyed that darkness and kinda creepiness when you get out of the stretching room and walk to get onto the buggy and having to deal with people pushing and shoving in the dark was something I luckily had never dealt with on the HM, I was also very concerned about the little kids around and someone getting hurt ! I also never knew there was more than 1 stretching room!?!?
    I always expect a large crowd no matter what time of year I go. Like I said I have been to DL and WDW and never experienced this, Lucky I guess as looking at all the posts it is becoming more common. It's just a shame that people are so impatient and rude now a days and have no consideration for others.
    Last edited by Rosemickey68; 07-15-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: correction
    Magic is everywhere if you know where to look!

Visiting Disneyland since 1969 & Walt Disney World since 1994!

Disney Fan since birth!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jszczur5 View Post
    I was not aware that there was more than one stretching room. How many are there? I've never felt that I was being led to the right or left when entering. I will have to pay more attention this year.
    There are two. One on each side of the fireplace/portrait.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had it happen during the school break times - like Feb. I guess the timing is off but that is when the cast members really need to jump in and assist.

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

I know which side to get on so you're first out the door. So I know which way the trampling will go. I'm prepared each time leaving the stretch room. The problem is with the group before you. If they had to stop the ride for someone to get on/off then the back ups start. CM's working the front should be told and hold a group at the front door. This is the fastest loading ride in the park so holding one group back will help clear the way for the cattle chute to the ride. I'd prefer to wait outside and read the tombstones than to be body to sweaty body in the attraction itself.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it seems like they are cycling the rooms too fast. Although they can't control the crowd level outside of the mansion, they certainly can once you get inside. I, too, would rather stay outside in the heat than be dumped into the craziness that I was met with on my last visit.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This is exactly why we travel to WDW during the "off season"
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemickey68 View Post
    Okay, so HM has always been one of my favorite rides. I have to say the experience of it was ruined on July 3rd. When we were let out of the room..the part where you line up to get on the buggy...it was a mad house! They let out the other room before everyone in our room got on a buggy...everyone was pushing and shoving and it was a madhouse!!! I felt sorry for the people who had little kids with them as it is dark and I saw some people get trampled on. I had never seen such disorganization!!! I don't understand what happened!?!?! It really took away from the experience of this ride. I went to Disneyland multiple times as a kid and have been to DW several time now and never had this experience on the HM. Don't know if it was the CM's working that day or what happened!?!?!
    I just hope it never happens again! It was horrible being cramped in like that and dangerous. Has this happened to anyone else?
    This happened to us the last week in March/ first week in April this year. It was chaos. We tried to hold the kids hands and it's like a sea of people shoving each other to be first. It was terrible!
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r4kids View Post
    This happened to us the last week in March/ first week in April this year. It was chaos. We tried to hold the kids hands and it's like a sea of people shoving each other to be first. It was terrible!
    It's a pain to see that happen. A friend of mine informed me today how she rode Test Track on her recent Disney trip and was noticing how the cars were awfully close together. She claimed to have gone around 10 mph or less through some of the normally faster parts.

Why is Disney rushing guests in recently?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I have seen this on rare occasions when they had to stop the ride to allow a guest needing special assistance to board which backs up the loading process and the CMs working the Stretching Rooms which are set on a timed schedule are unaware this is happening and continue to allow people to enter the Stretching Rooms.

I have had the OP's experience on one occassion, and this was precisely the reason. I agree with the OP that it is very chaotic and more than a bit unnerving to be in that crush coming out of the stretching rooms. There should be a means of notifying the CM's loading the stretching rooms that they will be stopping the conveyor to load guests with special needs. That said, the chaos of the interior queue did not ruin my experience of Haunted Mansion.

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the purpose of others shoving. It's an ever moving ride! Unless someone needs to stop the ride for special assistence, the thing keeps going. It's not like the Doom Buggies are going to leave without you. And for goodness sakes, watch out for other people! Especially the little ones. If someone were to trample me or my little sister, someone would get hurt. It's just plain rude!
    ~*Take my hand and guide me through the path that leads me back to you*~

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one to notice this type of behavior isn't only present at WDW? This seems to be our society today--the people shoving to get into line for HM are the same ones blowing through red lights and leaving shopping carts in the middle of grocery store parking lots!
    Maybe because you are trying to feel the Magic at WDW these rude, self-absorbed behaviors are even more grating! I know I feel the same way quite often when there. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a whole lot CMs or anybody at WDW can do to control it.
    10/85 Off Site
    2/88 Disney Vil
    10/90 Disney Vil
    10/93 CB & GF
    5/94 WL
    12/95 Cont
    10/98 WL & CS
    12/00 DixLand & Poly
    12/04 Cabins & YC
    10/05 POFQ
    5/07 Cont & BCV
    10/07 Pop
    12/08 POR!
    5/09 Poly!
    5/10 WL
    10/10 POFQ
    5/11 CS
    10/11 PORS & BW
    5/12 Pop
    6/12 gave in & just moved

Post Thanks / Like

Even in down times like mid January people push to get on...but when you open a door and there is no line or ropes to keep you in line, everyone pushes and shoves. This happens at Rockin Roller Coaster when the doors open, too. I just hang back and walk in at the end of the group. Not worth getting crushed over.

The GOOD thing is that if you get off of HM and state to a CM that people behind you yelled and screamed and you didn't hear the narration they will usually ask if you would like to ride again. We rode once and our speaker didn't work and when we got off I mentioned it and we got to re-ride so we had the narration to go with the ride.
    Disney Institute December 1999
    Ft. Wilderness June 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006-December 2007
    Caribbean Beach January 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside - January 2009
    Pop Century January 2007, December 2009, November 2010
    Pop CenturyOctober 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    I've seen this happen on a few occassions.
    I've had it happen. It's just when it's busy, or there's a problem usually.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    I do think part of the upswing in rudeness in teens comes from the "self-esteem building" in the public schools that has bloated the egos of children today so they don't understand their true insignificance in the whole world.

Egos should be built by accomplishments and not by some teacher or school administrator stroking it each and every day.
    I totally agree with you on this. It's a Me-first society we live in now because of the self-esteem thing.
    I can't really think of a time where there was pushing to the extent some of the PP have seen. I have to admit that I am sometimes impatient about getting on the ride, so i try to go through/around people. But I wouldn't push to get in the front of the line. It's just not worth it. It is a fast loading ride. Maybe people just think they're going to get a special car for being the 1st ones in line or something.
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you need another WDW visit to wash away all this bad stuff
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I'm a large man, so I have no problem "blocking" the pushers and shovers so they don't push my kids.

One thing I can't control, though, is rudeness. Last year, there were teen girls behind us that screamed and yelled throughout the entire queue. Some of the children in front of us freaked out, and a couple had to leave the stretching room and did not get to ride. I felt that was very unfair.

April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WVParkfan View Post
    One thing I can't control, though, is rudeness. Last year, there were teen girls behind us that screamed and yelled throughout the entire queue.
    I've had this happen to me, too, except it was on the Splash Mountain ride. They were singing loudly(and very off key) the whole ride! And not even the right songs! I mean, really. A little screaming when you're frightened is ok, but hooting and carrying on is uncalled for and just plain rude.
    ~*Take my hand and guide me through the path that leads me back to you*~

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: