Quantcast shoes - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shoes

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Much to my DH disgust, I take 3 pairs of sandals ~ Teva, Nike and Ecco. All three I have had for years, have great support and I switch between them. The Nikes are great in the waterparks, too!

My podiatrist told me that if you want something comfortable and supportive, it won't come cheap ~ he's been right, but I have never had a problem when we spend days and days on our feet.

We also found that soaking our feet in the hot tub at night before we went to bed went a long way to relaxing our feet and legs

We'll do anything to keep going for two weeks! (Even socks & sandals)
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Both DW and I have a pair of medium priced walking shoe and we will also take along our running shoes. We taske 2 pair of shoes in case one pair happens to get soaked. they'll have time to dry while we wear our next pair.

When I was a kid I could have gone throught the parks wearing almost anything and it wouldn't have bothered me, but now that I'm older sandals, crocs would put me out for a day. I know this thru experience.

Previous suggestions to waterwicking socks is good. To take this a little higher up the body waterwicking underwear also helps prevent chafing.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same issue, really hard to find the perfect, comfortable shoe for Disney. I probably spend way too much money experimenting. I typically alternate between sandals and tennis shoes. I buy the tennis shoes either a half size larger or in a wide, that seems to help tremendously. I also bring a pair of flip flops for the rainy day or water park day. This year I purchased a pair of Bass sandles that seem like they will work. (they were on sale). Bring lots of band aids and this year will bring the moleskin. Corn pads are very helpful with blisters.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually wear Tevas and never wear sneakers. I can't stand hot, sweaty feet in a sneaker and it's even worse if they get wet! Yuk!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

After many blistering years at WDW(HAHA punn intended) I finally decided to give Crocs a whirl....and wow was I ever impressed!!!! I got the cute mary jane not the ones you always see the smaller looking ones and croc flip flops. I took a risk and only brought those shoes...my feet never hurt once, not once. I used the flip flops more than the mary jane but both were equally good.

BTW our whole party of 11 used crocs even the men and little kids..
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

On the past couple of trips, I practically lived in my Mary Jane crocs.

However, over the past year, my feet have gotten older! We don't own a car, and so walk to work, around town etc every day. Crocs don't cut it for me anymore, and I'm in search of a new sandal/mary jane to wear on our next trip.

I think I'm going to go with the Naturalizer Mediate and the Keen Calistoga, in addition to my Brooks running shoes.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought I would be comfortable in anything but my tennis shoes. My feet and back hurt when I don't wear them. I wear them shopping, etc. with a nice outfit and don't care how funny they look. Comfort is more important than style for me! I even griped at my DD 9 for wanting to wear Adidas flip flops to the parks.

But this time I had a boo boo on the side of my heel and couldn't wear them, even with a bandage. So I had no choice but to try my crocs. They were great! I never had any aches or pains anywhere! That is what I will be wearing to all theme parks from now on! I didn't have to worry about wetness from rain or sweating. My legs and feet actually felt better than they do when I wear tennis shoes to the parks.
    1973 FW(in mom's womb)1974-1994 too many! FW1997,1998, 2000 WL Jan.2001, CS June 2001, FW 2002, 2004, July 2005-No Kids!, CS Nov 2005 Free Lady Emily Trip, AM May 2006, FW Dec-Jan 2006-2007, FW June 2009, House off site 2012, FW Spring Break 2013, FW Spring Break 2016, Staybridge 2018 No kids! AP

Post Thanks / Like

Teva makes a good walking sandal that my wife swears by. I prefer light hikers with Gore-Tex for waterproofing and breathability.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I love Crocs but not at WDW. I got huge blisters from them the last time I wore them at the parks. This time I brought the short socks and wore tennis sneakers. I was comfy and not one single blister!
    Princess 1 - 19yo
    Princess 2 - 12 yo (my baby is growing up)
    Poor Dad is out numbered! Even our dog is a female!
    Missing my happy place so much.

6/09,8/07,2/02,11/99 - Poly
    prev trips - Dixie Landings & CR
    Read my trip report for August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever shoes you choose, don't wait until you get to WDW to try them out.
    Even if the shoes come with glowing recommendations from others, everybody's feet are different. So find some shoes that are comfortable for you at home and break them (or your feet, if necessary) in before you get to WDW.
    Trust me. I learned this lesson the hard way. I took some brand new crocs that I had never worn much before other than trying them on, and got bad blisters on my insteps. The shoes were fine, but my feet needed to get used to them!
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Chacos...flip flops...
    I always wear flip flops (of some sort--tevas, reef, etc). NEVER had a problem, but I LIVE in flip flops 250+ days a year.

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Good shoes

L.L.Bean has a great sandal with support in it. You should go to their web site and check it out. They have lots and lots of shoes. It will give you some good ideas.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Usually bring two pairs of sneakers and a pair of crocs. I like the crocs for around the resort, but can't wear them for a long period of time. It helps to switch out the sneakers, at least I find it does, and also if you get one of them wet.
    ΊOΊ Dianne ΊOΊ

You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change

Post Thanks / Like

This was interesting to read - people seem to be equally in 3 camps: running-type shoes/sneakers, sandals/flip flops and Crocs.

For years I always wore running-type shoes to the parks and usually had tired feet at the end of the day but no blisters. Last trip I wore Crocs and had no problems at all and my feet were not tired.
    "You can say it backwards, which is... DOCIOUSALIEXPIISTIC- FRAGILCALIRUPUS. - But that's going a bit too far, don't you think? - indubitably."
    -:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:--

* YC *WL *BC *BW *CB *Swan *Dolphin *GF *Poly* POFQ*

Post Thanks / Like

I used to wear sneakers, running/walking shoes all the time at the parks. A couple of years ago I bought some backless Sketchers that were supposed to be great for nurses, etc. I wore these and my regular walking sneakers. I had the worst blisters on my heels from the ridge on the back and my ankles swole up with the sneakers. I had several pairs of shoes with me that I tried and no matter what, was miserable with blisters and swollen ankles. I even took my shoes off one night and left the parks barefooted because I couldn't stand it any more. I took moleskin the next time and that helped alot and now carry that and bandaids in my purse at all times. But last year I took my crocs and my FitFlops from Victoria Secret/Bath and Body because they have a lot of support even though they are flip flops. I never had a problem with either or with blisters. DH had to dry out his sneakers every night because they got so wet. I will be taking my crocs again this year along with my FitFlops and Dr. Scholl flip flops. May have talked DH into taking his crocs.

DD wore her Croc flip flops last year and said they were the most comfortable shoe she had worn and DGS (4) wore his crocs the whole time without a complaint.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I used to think the same thing when I'd see people in flip flops at Disney. That is, until I got my Birki's. They look like flip flops but they do not wear like flip flops. And they do have the support needed for a full day in the parks.
    I have a question for you about your Birki's... I went to the website you suggested to look at them, and they look awesome -- but I'm wondering, do you notice the "textured" material on the footpad of the shoe?? I have a pair of Clarks flip-flops that I love, they are so comfy, but they also have that same textured material that you walk on. I can wear them for a certain number of hours, but for long days, they end up really making the ball of my foot sore -- that texturizing tends to really bother my foot rather than "massage" it like they advertise.

Anyone else have this problem? So many of the flip flops and summer shoes these days have this same texturizing that is supposed to massage and help your feet feel better, but I've only found it to get uncomfortable after awhile. Is it just me??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Merrill and other name brands make great summer
    sports shoes with net sides. Mine are water proof
    and made of open weave mesh for airflow. They
    are loose enough for orthotic inserts as needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried Bass Water shoes--I believe they are called H2O and for kids Skechers water shoes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I have a question for you about your Birki's... I went to the website you suggested to look at them, and they look awesome -- but I'm wondering, do you notice the "textured" material on the footpad of the shoe?? I have a pair of Clarks flip-flops that I love, they are so comfy, but they also have that same textured material that you walk on. I can wear them for a certain number of hours, but for long days, they end up really making the ball of my foot sore -- that texturizing tends to really bother my foot rather than "massage" it like they advertise.

Anyone else have this problem? So many of the flip flops and summer shoes these days have this same texturizing that is supposed to massage and help your feet feel better, but I've only found it to get uncomfortable after awhile. Is it just me??
    I don't notice it at all. I think the pictures may make the texturing look more pronounced than it really is. When I slide my shoes on, it all feels fairly smooth.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    Έ.•*¨)Έ.•*¨)Έ.•*¨MagicΈ.•*¨)Έ.•*¨)Έ.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

pixiesmimi - the fit flops look perfect except they claim they will tone calves, thighs, abs, etc. they won't make me sore will they?

dsnygirl - i've been concerned about that too. i tried on some croc flip flop w/ the "massaging" bumps and it didn't feel comfortable to me at all.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: