Quantcast Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 35

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kay, what I read (from the today show site) was that she was not yet ready to take the step of removing the rings and upsetting the kids further at this stage. My mother didn't remove hers for aprox 6-8 months after we were told of the seperation in our teens, and even then she wore my grandmothers (her MIL) ring for a further year.

So that's really not to unusual in my experience..I've seen many similiar things in other families that have gone through this including just moving them over to the right hand etc.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Look, I had enjoyed the show.
    I take no joy in watching it now.
    I do not want to be 'involved' anymore.
    It is sad for all of them.
    I cannot believe it is all one person's fault. It took two to tango...
    I hope they do not rip through their savings by having costly legal fee's during their divorce.

I wish them all well, But I will not be watching this train wreck.

Post Thanks / Like

At the library today, I read the new People magazine with Kate's interview and there were comments that really made me want to .

One in particular she said that Jon is the one that changed and that she wouldn't have married this Jon. I watched the episodes in the beginning and a few scattered along the way (after I got tired of her berating him and the way I felt she was using her children to get what she wanted). Yes, he did change. But there is no way a person watching can't see the changes in her as well. She needs to accept a little responsibility and not try to play the victim.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post

Bottom line it's never all one person's fault is it?
    Exactly! I just have to jump into all this Kate bashing and ask what about Jon? DH (who's only caught bits and pieces of shows here and there) saw the beginning of the last show and immediately deemed Jon in deep mid life crisis because of the earrings. Hello? You are in your 30's now and you have 8 kids. You don't get to go bar hopping and partying anymore. Yes, they married young and had kids young, but that was their choice. While Kate isn't the nicest person in the world at least she isn't as immature and irresponsible as Jon. Celebrity has affected them both. Hair plugs, sports cars, motorcycle, earrings... Jon's trying way too hard to be a hip young guy and not trying nearly hard enough to be a dad. His priorities have changed as have Kate's. Jon shares plenty of responsibility for the demise of this relationship. Both need to take a hard look at their priorities and start putting those kids first.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    Exactly! I just have to jump into all this Kate bashing and ask what about Jon? DH (who's only caught bits and pieces of shows here and there) saw the beginning of the last show and immediately deemed Jon in deep mid life crisis because of the earrings. Hello? You are in your 30's now and you have 8 kids. You don't get to go bar hopping and partying anymore. Yes, they married young and had kids young, but that was their choice. While Kate isn't the nicest person in the world at least she isn't as immature and irresponsible as Jon. Celebrity has affected them both. Hair plugs, sports cars, motorcycle, earrings... Jon's trying way too hard to be a hip young guy and not trying nearly hard enough to be a dad. His priorities have changed as have Kate's. Jon shares plenty of responsibility for the demise of this relationship. Both need to take a hard look at their priorities and start putting those kids first.
    I don't understand why any of us are even presuming that either one is at fault. We have NO idea what really happened. Divorce is always a blame game -- I think they are actually working to put the kids first, but not so much that they will fix their failed marriage.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Very true. It wasn't just Kate's fault. And Jon is in the middle of a HUGE mid-life crisis!! I guess what my point is that she is making it out that it is all his fault that the marriage deteriorated. They both need to look at what happened along the way. So far, she just seems the most vocal about it (imagine that ). I just hate to see the victim card played when each party is just as guilty as the other.

But I still don't blame him for asking for a divorce. I could not live with someone who spoke to me the way she did, nor would my DH tolerate being spoken to like that. I am NOT a fan of cheating (my philosophy...if you want to find someone else, divorce first than have at it), but a person's spirit can only take so much bashing before they start looking elsewhere for love and respect. Did he go looking for that in the beginning... I totally fault him for not seeking divorce before he started catting around.

{sigh} Being a kid is tough enough as it is. Then throw in all your family's problems being broadcast for the world to see and it is even worse.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I watched last night's recap episode and there was one specific moment in the show that I thought was very telling.

It was from a show right around the time when their marriage first starting showing some cracks. They were both sitting on the couch (together) and Jon said something to the effect of, "I can't just be Jon anymore. I have to be Jon and Kate Plus 8 and I'm really struggling with that."

Kate responded with, "I love our life and I love what we're doing. We'll work through it."

That basically summed it all up for me.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess someone couldn't stand having them out of the limelight with all the celebrity death news because they just released a statement...that they will not be releasing anymore statements. Lol. I have stayed true to my word and have not tuned in after that season opener. I have followed the story but refuse to watch. Whether you question their motives or not, Kevin and Jodi are right in that what is in the best interest for these kids is for this show to stop.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

You are in your 30's now and you have 8 kids. You don't get to go bar hopping and partying anymore. Yes, they married young and had kids young, but that was their choice.

I disagree with this. Just because people hit their 30's doesn't mean they have to stop living. Doesn't matter if you have 1 kid or 8. Everyone still needs time for themselves. I think Kate had Jon on such a short leash early on it's like he doesn't know what quite to do with himself. Yes, he made some poor choices BUT it's the right decision to not stay together if you're not happy. The kids will resent you and by the time that you make the break your life is half over. I give him credit for taking the leap, albeit how unpopular it is. I'm glad he's finally making his own decisions and doing his own thing.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello? You are in your 30's now and you have 8 kids. You don't get to go bar hopping and partying anymore. Yes, they married young and had kids young, but that was their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    I disagree with this. Just because people hit their 30's doesn't mean they have to stop living. Doesn't matter if you have 1 kid or 8. Everyone still needs time for themselves.

i agree with you Momof2boys...
    im having my first child in dec..doesnt mean im gonna stop my husband from going out with his friends and doing whatever (going to the bar..playing pool..riding his motorcycle..racing his car at the track)..and he wont stop me..just because you have a kid doesnt mean you cant do anything more..i dont know why people think like that..i just dont get it!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, I too watched last nights show and caught that whole exchange between them, very telling.
    I felt that Bravo edited that whole thing to make Kate look a lot better than what we've been seeing for a long time now. Of course she is now going to be the "star", with Jon being mainly out of the picture, they were probably trying to get the public to be more sympathic to her.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizNee143 View Post
    Hello? You are in your 30's now and you have 8 kids. You don't get to go bar hopping and partying anymore. Yes, they married young and had kids young, but that was their choice.

i agree with you Momof2boys...
    im having my first child in dec..doesnt mean im gonna stop my husband from going out with his friends and doing whatever (going to the bar..playing pool..riding his motorcycle..racing his car at the track)..and he wont stop me..just because you have a kid doesnt mean you cant do anything more..i dont know why people think like that..i just dont get it!!
    I'm commenting specifically on Jon and Kate. The kids just seem to be less and less of a priority. Kids are a big commitment and they require round the clock care. If Jon's out partying until 2am and Kate is away on business who is with kids? Who gets up with the kids the next morning? Sure you can get a sitter for an occasional night out, but this doesn't seem to be an occasional thing. Plus, it's not just having a couple of beer with the boys. It's cheating on your wife and degrading your whole family. He just doesn't fit into the party scene anymore and he looks ridiculous trying so hard. Time marches on and it's way past time for Jon to grow up.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    Just because people hit their 30's doesn't mean they have to stop living. Doesn't matter if you have 1 kid or 8. Everyone still needs time for themselves. I think Kate had Jon on such a short leash early on it's like he doesn't know what quite to do with himself.
    I've actually seen other folks in similar situations to Jon act in similar ways.

When people get married young ... and especially when they have kids young (8 kids, no less! ) ... I think sometimes when they hit their early to mid-30's they get this identity crisis like, "Oh my God!! I missed out on my 20's and now I'm getting old and all my fun is over and what have I done to my life????"

When you combine that with the stress the marriage is already under from the public exposure, Jon's obvious reluctance to embrace their newfound celebrity, and the fact that Kate largely treats him like her lapdog, I think you can kinda understand why he blew up.

Plus, it's not just having a couple of beer with the boys. It's cheating on your wife and degrading your whole family.
    First off, it's not at all been confirmed that he cheated on Kate. All involved parties deny that allegation, so to throw it out there like it's a fact is a bit irresponsible.

Secondly, I don't think Jon needed to contribute to "degrading the whole family", because Kate had already taken care of that fairly nicely as it was.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've actually seen other folks in similar situations to Jon act in similar ways.

When people get married young ... and especially when they have kids young (8 kids, no less! ) ... I think sometimes when they hit their early to mid-30's they get this identity crisis like, "Oh my God!! I missed out on my 20's and now I'm getting old and all my fun is over and what have I done to my life????"

When you combine that with the stress the marriage is already under from the public exposure, Jon's obvious reluctance to embrace their newfound celebrity, and the fact that Kate largely treats him like her lapdog, I think you can kinda understand why he blew up.

First off, it's not at all been confirmed that he cheated on Kate. All involved parties deny that allegation, so to throw it out there like it's a fact is a bit irresponsible.

Secondly, I don't think Jon needed to contribute to "degrading the whole family", because Kate had already taken care of that fairly nicely as it was.
    I disagree. Whatever Jon's doing with this other woman is not responsible for a married man. I think there's more than one way to cheat and whatever he's doing fits my definition. Even the fact that it has the appearance of cheating is irresponsible and yes, degrading to the family in my opinion. I'm not here to sing Kate's praises. Actually I think they're both off balance, but I think it's important to remember that there are always 2 sides to every story.
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. Whatever Jon's doing with this other woman is not responsible for a married man. I think there's more than one way to cheat and whatever he's doing fits my definition. Even the fact that it has the appearance of cheating is irresponsible and yes, degrading to the family in my opinion. I'm not here to sing Kate's praises. Actually I think they're both off balance, but I think it's important to remember that there are always 2 sides to every story.
    Technically in this situation there's 3 sides. Jon's side, Kate's side and what everyone else assumes is the problem.

We have NO idea what was going on when Jon was found allegedly cheating ... reports were that they were already separated and living apart in the house. Jon was no more degrading or irresponsible than Kate ... I hope this show and the Gosselin's go away so it won't matter anymore. At least Michael Jackson's death took some attention away from them for awhile!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Jon Gosselin is a horrid name I can't pronounce if all these things are true lately. I hope they yank this show off TV NOW and for good.

Post Thanks / Like

did anyone hear jon is on vacation/busniess trip with his 23 year old girlfriend in St. Tropez (sp?). Here is the catch hid girlfriend is the daughter if Kates plastic surgeon who did her tummy tuck.
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so apparently Jon is talking out of the side of his mouth as well when he claims to be "All for the kids." He has reportedly just inked a deal for a line of children's clothing starring HIS CHILDREN in the ad campaign!!!! So much for not wanting to be in the spotlight...
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Ok, so apparently Jon is talking out of the side of his mouth as well when he claims to be "All for the kids." He has reportedly just inked a deal for a line of children's clothing starring HIS CHILDREN in the ad campaign!!!! So much for not wanting to be in the spotlight...
    Well, this would prove that he is "All for the kids"..... making him rich and supporting his lavish lifestyle!

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that Jon and his girlfriend (by the way what happened to the other girl, DeAnna Hummel? ) were invited onto the desginer of Ed Hardey's boat to possibly get a shoe and handbag line for his new girlfriend.

I never heard anything about doing a children's clothing line and getting the kids involved.

I don't want to pass judgement on anyone but if Jon can't see that this woman is using him then I feel sorry for him.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: